How to use multi quote??

How do you work the multi-quote feature? Do you click it in all the posts you want to quote? (Meaning lots of open tabs or windows) How do then show the quotes you want, where you want in your post? Never figured this one out.

Whatever post that you wish to quote, click on this icon at the bottom right-hand side:
multiquote_off.gif

Once you've selected all the posts you wish to quote in your reply, then just click one of the
quote.gif
icons from one of the posts you are planning to quote from.

Voila! :cool:

Last edited:
Thank, I think. What is supposed to be in your

tardy edit...

Apologies on the edit. I've corrected the post above... :redface:

Select this icon located at the end of each post that you wish to quote in your reply:
multiquote_off.gif

Once all posts which are desired to be quoted have been selected, click on one of their
quote.gif
buttons.

That should do it. You might have to re-order the quoted posts, for comprehension/flow. I'm a bit Type-A, when it comes to that... :D

Do you have to have multiple tabs/windows open to hit the quote buttons for all the posts you want to quote + a separate one for your reply? I understand the quoting part, but not the pasting/inserting it in the reply part, especially if that is the only thing open. I don't see a quote button in the post reply window.

hmmm...

Do you have to have multiple tabs/windows open to hit the quote buttons for all the posts you want to quote + a separate one for your reply? I understand the quoting part, but not the pasting/inserting it in the reply part, especially if that is the only thing open. I don't see a quote button in the post reply window.
A single window/tab is all that is needed (if I correctly understand your question).

Select the desired posts to be quoted (the '+' becomes '-' and that icon turns from blue: to red : ), simply scroll down post after post selecting the ones you wish to quote.

Once you've chosen all the posts that you wish to quote, click on the button on any one of those posts, it'll automatically take you to the reply/comment window where you can further add/edit.

Don't click this:

Back