• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HQ Engineering

Heard there is a shop in San Gabriel Valley called HQ Engineering that specialized in NSX. Anyone has experience with them in term of quality of service and pricing? It's strange that I can't find their location with Google. Thanks.

I've heard about them and have heard great things. I've tried to message through instagram since that's where they seem to be the most active and didnt receive a response to a question about pricing for a timing belt water pump change on my 92. I'd love to get our nsx's services there but seems hard to get ahold of.

please let us know once you heard back. I'm interested in getting some service done as well. Where are they located?

I've heard about them and have heard great things. I've tried to message through instagram since that's where they seem to be the most active and didnt receive a response to a question about pricing for a timing belt water pump change on my 92. I'd love to get our nsx's services there but seems hard to get ahold of.

My message was shown as "read" for a few weeks now, im not in a hurry to get the service done as i just received a nice State Ref ticket for my exhaust and will be sending some electronic parts out to BrianK for a rebuild. Once i do start to seriously look into getting the service done ill post it here!

please let us know once you heard back. I'm interested in getting some service done as well. Where are they located?

I had a ton of work done from them and it was flawless. They are quite busy with lots of nsxs at their shop at all times.

If you need more info, let me know. Happy to go over it.

They used to operate as "Muse Auto Project." Looks like that's now transitioned over to HQ Engineering. I trust David and Ryan at HQ all day any day. Had them perform major maintenance on my NSX a few years back.

Nothing major to update the thread with yet, but I did recently have major service done on the motor.

Upon the purchase of my NSX back in 2011, the service records that accompanied it stacked up beautifully. It was basically gone over 100% in 2007 by the previous owner. Fast forward to 2017, I knew that the car was due for a major maintenance overhaul, not due to mileage but based on time. I called up Tito Ramon at Niguel Motors and explained to him my situation. For anyone that knows him, of course he replied to me with, “just draib et!” So I took his advice and did just that. Now it’s 2019 and I had been collecting OEM replacement parts in preparation for the service, over the last year. After Westfest, my car was now at 116k mi and I wanted to get the major service done. My buds Ryan and Nemo had recently taken their NSXs to Muse Auto Project out in South Gate, CA and had high praise for their work. There was a slot available for me to bring my car in and pick it up in a few days, talk about quick turn around!

Below is my list of recent maintenance I’ve had done, the most recent of course being the major service overhaul.

Maintenance at 107k
Oil change 10w30 valvoline full synthetic
All coolant hoses (21) $322.21
Radiator $430
Thermostat $31.26
Labor $250

Maintenance at 114,650k
CV Boot Set $25.50
Honda MTF $16.17
Oil seals $10.20
Dorman lug studs (rear) $21.42
Pennzoil ultra plat $30
Labor $250
Total $353.29

Major maintenance 116k
Timing belt $149
Water pump $268.75
Crankshaft pulley $269
OEM LMA 14820-PCB-305 $147
Timing tensioner $120
Timing belt adjuster $2
Valve cover gasket set $108
A/c belt $6
Alternator belt $6
Oil pump gasket $9
Vtec solenoid gaskets $36
Cam plugs $27
Cam seals $25
Cam cap seals $37.14
Cam cap oil jet seals $37.14
OEM Honda coolant $37.14
Motul RBF600 $37.14
Fuel filter $37.14
A/C Tensioner pulley $37.14
Intake Manifold gasket set $37.14
Valve adjustment
RFY air intake filter cleaning
Check vvis plate screws
Labor $2,000
Total $3,432.75

Just before going up on the lift!

CeS5ilT.jpg

Now that I think about it, this definitely is a 'major' update :tongue:

My message was shown as "read" for a few weeks now, im not in a hurry to get the service done as i just received a nice State Ref ticket for my exhaust and will be sending some electronic parts out to BrianK for a rebuild. Once i do start to seriously look into getting the service done ill post it here!

Just call them lol their phone number is on Facebook.

Heard there is a shop in San Gabriel Valley called HQ Engineering that specialized in NSX. Anyone has experience with them in term of quality of service and pricing? It's strange that I can't find their location with Google. Thanks.

I’ve been there and at least A few of my nsx friends have taken their cars there. It’s like a car meet, at least a dozen nsx each time I’ve been there.

They do great work. Just installed an OSG lsd along with JDM 5 speed gears.

Since the forums are back up and this will be my first post ever, I figured I would share my experience here too. I've orignally had them do a PPI on my 91 nsx that I own now. After I purchased the car finally, I sent it back to HQ to fix a bunch of issues that another shop screwed up on. Ever since then the car has been running great, I'm extremely happy with everything they've done so far for the nsx. If anyone needs to have their car serviced here, I would suggest sliding into their DM's :cool:

Since the forums are back up and this will be my first post ever, I figured I would share my experience here too. I've orignally had them do a PPI on my 91 nsx that I own now. After I purchased the car finally, I sent it back to HQ to fix a bunch of issues that another shop screwed up on. Ever since then the car has been running great, I'm extremely happy with everything they've done so far for the nsx. If anyone needs to have their car serviced here, I would suggest sliding into their DM's :cool:

Welcome! Hope your car brings you many smiles and miles.:cool-new:

I just took my car in to HQ for the timing belt and water pump, a new clutch, coolant hoses, and they found and fixed some other smaller problems (leaking oil pan, axle boots, and the last timing belt apparently decided to leave off the gaskets for the cover… ). I also had some lingering issues from my supercharged install/removal (missing bits, wire routing, etc). HQ put everything back together nice and tidy, awesome communication and detailed photos throughout. Quick and reasonably priced, very happy with them and worth the drive for sure!

I scheduled down at Laguna Hills with Ramon before knowing this thread, but I plan to go here for the maintenance going forward as its a lot closer to my house

Back