• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HSC=Next NSX?

Originally posted by Tantheman

Thanks for posting the HSC & type-S pics! NICE! The best thing since this Ford, Jaguar, & Yugo thread started.
30.gif

more speculation

fyi: found this on the web from singapore

http://business-times.asia1.com.sg/story/0,4567,98477,00.html?

Published November 1, 2003

Motoring

Honda to go from NSX to HSC?

By SAMUEL EE

THE 37th Tokyo Motor Show was filled with concept cars that looked like they could be replacements for existing production models, such as the cute Mazda Ibuki roadster, which could be the next Miata, and the stylish Nissan Fuga limousine, which is likely to define the next upmarket Infiniti.

Supercar-in-waiting: Still in study form but the HSC appears ready to take over from the NSX in 2005 or 2006
But the strongest indication came in the form of Honda's HSC concept. This is likely to be the next NSX supercar, and sources at Honda's PR department weren't exactly denying the possibility too vociferously.

While the HSC is in relatively raw, design-study form, it appears refined enough to be production-ready and to take over from the NSX in 2005 or 2006.

It will follow the same philosophy of the old NSX, which boasted a revolutionary all-aluminium body when it was unveiled 13 years ago.

A practical supercar designed for everyday use, the next NSX will carry on the tradition of innovative engineering but with one major difference - environmental consciousness, ie hybrid technology.

Lightweight materials will be a prerequisite for a good power-to-weight ratio. Also, the typical Honda characteristic of good handling requires a low kerb weight. This implies that a relatively small V6 engine, not more than 3.5 litres, is likely. The power plant of about 350 hp stays in its mid-ship position but will be enhanced by a light, compact electric motor to lower emissions and fuel consumption.

As there is little space left over in the engine compartment, the IMA or integrated motor assist with about 50 hp will be located up front. It will drive the front wheels, thus making the next 400 hp NSX an all-wheel-drive car with semi-automatic paddle shift transmission.

The HSC's use of cameras for rearward vision will probably be replaced by simpler door mirrors.

The huge Brembo brakes also won't make it to production and the tyres will be smaller and the car should have better ground clearance. Overall, the next model will be wider and higher.

The dramatic wraparound rear window may be difficult to produce on a large scale but it won't be impossible. So that may stay. Price should be about the same, from 10 million yen (S$160,000) in Japan and about S$450,000 before COE in Singapore.

Despite generating great interest when it was launched, the NSX hasn't sold in large numbers worldwide. Here, fewer than 10 were registered. Maybe a generous green rebate for its hybrid engine could change all that.

Give feedback on this article

spartan2-3 said:
(Yawwwnnnnnnnnnn) Im going to bed, just PM me if you have better things to say ;)

long live our NSX

nite......

Well, what what it's worth, HONDA officially announces that the NSX will be replaced. Look out for the Public Annoucements.

B-Pillar comparison

See any similarity in the B-pillar? Looks like NSX/HSC designers are still looking to F-16 for design ques :)

Attachments

• f-16 hsc.jpg
    f-16 hsc.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 670
Wow, those cats are mounted straight to the head with the exhaust runners integral to the head casting...just like the 03-04 Acura MDX 3.5 liter motor. So much for aftermarket headers:)
And only a single overhead cam???

NSXBill2 said:
Wow, those cats are mounted straight to the head with the exhaust runners integral to the head casting...just like the 03-04 Acura MDX 3.5 liter motor. So much for aftermarket headers:)
And only a single overhead cam???

The cats need to be close to the head for quick warm-up and reduced emissions. I see two overhead cams.:) Also single cams and two valves per cylinder will give the new NSX increased low RPM torque.
Somebody please invent a time machine so I can go back to 1994 and buy a new NSX.

Tony Montoya said:
The cats need to be close to the head for quick warm-up and reduced emissions. I see two overhead cams.:) Also single cams and two valves per cylinder will give the new NSX increased low RPM torque.
Somebody please invent a time machine so I can go back to 1994 and buy a new NSX.

Smart A**! :) I should have said "...single overhead camS." Also, there's no way it'll be 2 valves per cylinder. Anyway, I know the reasoning for the cat location; besides the MDX, I think they've already put this in place on Accord and Civic 4-cylinders. It's wierd to look at the side of the head and only see one exhaust port! I would think that better exhaust flow would overrule the improved emissions. But then again, this IS Honda.

well since there has been lots of opinions about the HSC being the replacement for the nsx or not, I thought I would give my two cents.

I didnt post this before and someone must have posted this on this site..but seeing that the HSC was so talked about I thought that it could be the next nsx. Now Im not quite sure from what everyone here is talking about.. but these pictures i have here although crude looks more inline with the nsx. Keeping the side scoop and the duct work on top of the roof.

my two cents. which cant buy jack:D

Attachments

• 11nsx.jpg
    11nsx.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,088
attachment.php

Now THOSE are nice tail lights! I like the whole rear panel in fact. (Maybe not the bar up the middle of the rear window, though).

Chip

With many now wishing for Honda to bring the HSC instead, I revived this thread for everyone to review the reactions to the HSC. I re-read all 11 pages of the thread. Below is a summary:

1. Majority of the responses on styling were very favorable. It won the Best in Show at the 2003 Tokyo Motor show. Even guys at the Ferrari forums liked it.

Summary of suggested changes from the 11 page thread:

2. Almost everyone wanted more horsepower somewhere between 350-400 HP with the V6. A few wanted V8 or V10 with at least 500 Hp.
3.. Many commented that the front and side had too much Enzo derived styling. See attachment showing comparsion. Despite the similarity, most loved the front end design.
4. Many didn’t care for the sweeping B pillar design viewed on the side.
5. Some thought the side intake duct should be bigger and the design should be similar to the current NSX side intake.
6. Many did not like the tail lights that looks too busy and did not care for the sharp cutoff at the rear end, reminding some people of the Corvette. Attached are photochops done by members showing cleaner design and some lineage to the NSX styling.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

HSC front with modified ASCC rear might be cool...

exactly, i dont like the rear of HSC as well. too much spoace behind the cabin, too boxy. cabin needs to be longer like on ASCC
HSC looked too futuristic back when i first saw it now when im looking at it, its beautiful for today.

Back