• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HSC=Next NSX?

Speaking purely from a design standpoint...I'll take one.

The pic.

Attachments

• hsc.jpg
    hsc.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 5,841
Interesting. HSC= hybrid sports car?

Or maybe High performance Sports Coupe. This rumor seems more credible. More!

I don't see a shifter... so it must be paddles...

THis is no hybrid... read:

"In the press release for the show, the Honda HSC Concept is dubbed as a high performance sport coupe which "offers the driving pleasure of a sports car in a package that anyone can handle." From the photo that's been released, it bears a strong resemblance to the many "spy shots" and artists renderings of the expected replacement for the NSX. "

The car next to it on the front page there is the Hybrid.

"Honda will present its ideas for the future in a lineup of intriguing concept vehicles: the HSC which offers the driving pleasure of a sports car in a package that anyone can handle; the IMAS, a lightweight aerodynamic hybrid sports car; and KIWAMI, which matches Honda's clean-running fuel cell technology with the Japanese aesthetic of beauty in a premium next-generation sedan."

03tms_hsc2_tov.jpg

Aren't Honda concepts usually good indicators of future products. See the TL concept at the NY International Auto Show. It was basically the 2004 TL w/o interior done yet.

All I know is that this car has the exterior/interior look to it and I am sure Honda has something up there sleeves for performance. Wow, if this is what we have been waiting for for so long, then I am glad we waited. All right Honda, shock the world again.

The front and the canpy(b pillar area) looks like a mix of current NSX and the ENZO while the back looks abit like a mix between the ENZO, Konisegg CC, and F355... the interior looks tight. Looks pretty good to me. :D

HOLY ****!

OMG! That is the sickest thing Honda has come out with in a lonnng time..Say since the NSX was introduced. I think this is a seller--what a beauty. I'll take two please:D

ravi

Simply amazing! I knew Honda wouldn't let us down!!!

I love the front end, though the rear looks a little overstyled. I think there's just a few too many circles back there, but I guess it'll probably be toned down a bit in the final design. The interior looks incredible.

I especially like how they managed to give it a very new, futuristic look while still keeping it similar enough to the current design that it's instantly recognisable as an NSX (even if it doesn't end up being called an NSX).

Now let's just hope the performance can live up to the looks!

Now I know what car I'll be handing over to my newborn son when he gets old enough :D I was thinking my 92 would be almost 30 years old by the time he can drive so that car would be out.

I still like the current design, but I also like this supposed concent as well. I guess I have to start saving so I can buy a used one in 10 years :p Well, it depends on the cost of course but I'm guessing close to $100K.

<== quickly forgetting the 500rwhp turbos and now looking into home equity loans. Hope it's around the same price as a new one. ;)

I'm seriously hoping this is the real deal. I love it. Even the wife says we should get one. Jeez, I love it!:D

ChrisK said:

I was thinking my 92 would be almost 30 years old by the time he can drive so that car would be out.

Psshhh... 30 year honda is a car just out of its teens... your 92 would be good for your son to hand to your grandson... :D

effer said:
And what kind of opening door system do you think this car will use? :)

Yeah you can definitely see that there is a possibility for some kind of Mclaren or Diablo door type system. The handle is at the top of the car, and that would seem awkward for a normal swing open if you ask me... it'd only make sense to open upward.

Back