• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hugo's Summer Window Fix Tour - Houston, Texas

Can you guys let me know if you are coming to the 90s SuperCar meet at Bear Creek Park afterwards too?

Is someone bringing jumper wires and connectors for the auto up driver window mod?

Is someone bringing jumper wires and connectors for the auto up driver window mod?

Glad you reminded me about this. I will bring extra wire I used to jumper my window switch for the auto-up. I didn't need to use connectors though, as the wire gauge I used was strong enough to shove into the existing pigtails.

Last edited:
Glad you reminded me about this. I will bring extra wire I used to jumper my window switch for the auto-up. I didn't need to use connectors though, as the wire gauge I used was strong enough to shove into the existing pigtails.

Thanks, can I and others use it? If not I can pick some up I just am not sure what to buy. I have some electronics tools I will bring.

I am pretty sure I have enough. If not a quick run to home depot for some wire won't be a problem. Don't need anything special just a Philips head screwdriver to gain access and wire cutter/stripper. I will bring those with me.

I would recommend people bring screwdrivers anyways to help speed along the window modifications. We will be removing the door panels and we all can do that while Hugo can focus on making the modifications.

Hmm... my windows work fine and only seem slightly slow. I'll show up for some support and possibly get the job done too. I need to talk to Carl anyways.

I'm on my way soon, but I'll obviously be late...The Bear Creek meet sounds good too, but does ANYONE know where the NSX 2.0 entourage was last night...and might still be lurking around the same location for a little while this morning...?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/361677363979527/531397573674171/?notif_t=group_comment_replyFrom

Austin, on Friday morning: The new NSXs are headed to Houston. They should be there in a few hours.

Where at which dealer?!?

They wouldn't say which dealer. You'll have to call or visit them. If you have a relationship with someone at a dealership they may tell you. Sorry the Engineers ar very nice but won't share much. They just told me Houston tonight.

They are Not at john eagle acura according to the sales rep I spoke to

Would try Sterling McCall

I'm doubtful if they would even tell the truth if it was just to avoid a possible crowd.

Yeah, but they are very accommedating once you find them. It's not their rules, it's honda/Acura's.

My sources tell me there is a party at gillman Acura tonight.

Please update which dealer ship once you find out. I would hate to miss this.

I heard that you need an invite if you want to see the car?

Carl said it may be Gillman.

Just stopped at Gillman Acura and talked to the sales manager. He confirmed the cars are in Houston but not showing up here. He said the would showing up at "another Gillman location". Not exactly sure what that means.

It appears that your ticket is your NSX. At least that's been the case everywhere else the cars have stopped. If tonight is a special event, I would show up there at 7:30 am and wait for the support vehicles to show up. They'll have Ohio Manufacturer plates.

Houston is pretty fucking big and as much as I like the NSX I don't want to drive around Gilman dealers all evening

I'm in Houston, but since the traffic sucks add, I don't want to go on a wild goose chase...WHERE are they going...? Have white '92 NSX...willing to travel, but ONLY to the correct destination point...

They weren't specific. Just Houston. They're not allowed to give their destination. So it's up to us to find them. If you have a dealer that you work with that is willing to share what they know, I would call them. That's how I found out about today.

I checked...if it's not Sterling McCall, not John Eagle, and not Gillman, that only leaves one...Autonation Acura off the Gulf Coast Frwy...

Believe me when I tell ya that they threw curveballs up here a month ago. We checked every one... Until we found the location.

All said they knew nothing! But all had reps at the final location...

I just drove thru sterling mccall acura. Quiet here.

How long do they stay at one dealership?

Just overnight. They usually hang around until 10 am to let the dealer staff look them over, clean the cars and get publicity pics.

Did anyone figure it out?

^^^ Ditto...where was the party? I'm game to go check them out this morning...

Last edited:
Had a good turnout and Hugo got us all no problem. Great to meet Hugo and a few new faces.

Big thanks to C&M Honda for hosting the meet in their shop.

bb1e822ba0d3e9474ec07b351f8b7587.jpg

I'm on my way soon, but I'll obviously be late...The Bear Creek meet sounds good too, but does ANYONE know where the NSX 2.0 entourage was last night...and might still be lurking around the same location for a little while this morning...?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/361677363979527/531397573674171/?notif_t=group_comment_replyFrom

Austin, on Friday morning: The new NSXs are headed to Houston. They should be there in a few hours.

Where at which dealer?!?

They wouldn't say which dealer. You'll have to call or visit them. If you have a relationship with someone at a dealership they may tell you. Sorry the Engineers ar very nice but won't share much. They just told me Houston tonight.

They are Not at john eagle acura according to the sales rep I spoke to

Would try Sterling McCall

I'm doubtful if they would even tell the truth if it was just to avoid a possible crowd.

Yeah, but they are very accommedating once you find them. It's not their rules, it's honda/Acura's.

My sources tell me there is a party at gillman Acura tonight.

Please update which dealer ship once you find out. I would hate to miss this.

I heard that you need an invite if you want to see the car?

Carl said it may be Gillman.

Just stopped at Gillman Acura and talked to the sales manager. He confirmed the cars are in Houston but not showing up here. He said the would showing up at "another Gillman location". Not exactly sure what that means.

It appears that your ticket is your NSX. At least that's been the case everywhere else the cars have stopped. If tonight is a special event, I would show up there at 7:30 am and wait for the support vehicles to show up. They'll have Ohio Manufacturer plates.

Houston is pretty fucking big and as much as I like the NSX I don't want to drive around Gilman dealers all evening

I'm in Houston, but since the traffic sucks add, I don't want to go on a wild goose chase...WHERE are they going...? Have white '92 NSX...willing to travel, but ONLY to the correct destination point...

They weren't specific. Just Houston. They're not allowed to give their destination. So it's up to us to find them. If you have a dealer that you work with that is willing to share what they know, I would call them. That's how I found out about today.

I checked...if it's not Sterling McCall, not John Eagle, and not Gillman, that only leaves one...Autonation Acura off the Gulf Coast Frwy...

Believe me when I tell ya that they threw curveballs up here a month ago. We checked every one... Until we found the location.

All said they knew nothing! But all had reps at the final location...

I just drove thru sterling mccall acura. Quiet here.

How long do they stay at one dealership?

Just overnight. They usually hang around until 10 am to let the dealer staff look them over, clean the cars and get publicity pics.

Did anyone figure it out?

^^^ Ditto...where was the party? I'm game to go check them out this morning...

Dang did we miss the new ones? Where we're they?

Dang did we miss the new ones? Where we're they?

Honda wants to show off the New NSX, but only in private...WTH?

They need to fire their marketing director. :D

They had a VIP party so apparently we aren't very important to them. Pretty obvious the old NSX wasn't very important to them either though if you look at their new car ;)

Oh well they are delaying them till next year now anyways...and then who knows how many times after that.

Gotta say a big thanks to George for single handedly installing my new door handles, and Nam, Carl, Mike, Hugo and all the others who helped out with the rest of the window regulator stuff today! It's a miracle everything got done!

Back