• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hybrid power?

I was in the store the other day, and I was reading this article, I think it was in the Car and Driver magazine. It had a prototype Mitsubishi Eclipse with its 260+ hp engine and its 200 hybrid system. They said the new car wasnt going to have this powerplant, but that got me thinking. Honda, who has been in the Hybrid game for a few years has got to be able to produce the same if not better quality and powerful system as Mitubishi, no?

If so, I was invisioning a new Honda built, sub 2900 lb car with an inline six, 3.5 liter engine with a 8000+ rpm redline having anywhere from 350-420 hp. Add to that, an additional 200+ hp electric system with torque available as low as 0-1500 rpm. Drive to either the front or rear and geeze, look out! Now if a 290 hp NSX can hammer out 12.9 in the 1/4 mile, Im just wondering what this new combination can do.

If this were the case, then what Takeo Fukui said on next NSX that "No Rival Exists!" could be a very interesting thing indeed.

Back