I did my good deed as an NSX owner

Driving my NSX home after the CDN West Fest this past weekend and came upon a C5 Z06 driving on the shoulder with it's emergency flashers on. Drove past and did a quick look. Saw the driver flash his lights in the rear view mirror so pulled over at a near by off ramp and waited for him to catch up. Found out he had a wobbly rear wheel that he'd been driving on for MANY km's. He didn't have a spare OR a tire iron (found the latter to be odd).

I had just changed out my rear for a spare after a near catastrophic tire failure at highway speeds. He saw I had my 'lovely' orange emergency lifesaver spare on and suspected I would have a tire iron. Lucky for him I had a full tool box with everything you would need and helped him out. His lugs were coming loose on the drivers rear and he had hand tightened them as best possible a couple of times. Was going to limp the car back to Banff, AB. No one seemed to want to help - mind you he wasn't stopped, just driving on the shoulder with flashers on.

Anyway, the long and short of it is that I helped out a Corvette owner and felt good about it. I know there are people out there that you couldn't pay to stop and help in the event of an emergency so I felt proud. :smile:

Tim

You did good. I'm sure many of us here are proud of you.

"A foe in need is a friend indeed".

Rick

Thank you for representing us. I believe in being a good citizen as well. Sharing a little kindness with a stranger may not provide any return on investment, but it shows that you have good values.

With aloha,
Mike

Nice work! When I accidentally left my hubcentric rings on my hubs using OEM wheels I was pulled over and a good samaritan pulled over to help. I'll always return the favour to someone else now...

Humbling...

Way to represent the NSX community!:smile:

Makes me think I should have stopped to see if I could help the guy I saw who's Lotus Esprit was smoking on the side of the road a few years back. :confused: Problem is I was in the wrong lane and there was a lot of traffic, so by the time I noticed the car I was already passed it and going with traffic.

Though not sure what help I could have been as I know zero about those cars, and am barely technical about my own cars. (Hence my hanging around Prime to learn via osmosis and the search tab :biggrin: )

A few years ago I passed by a couple of girls whose car was on the side of the highway spouting steam. They must've been coming home from the beach because all they had on were bikinis and sandals. The way they were acting, they didn't know wtf to do.
I was WAY down the road before I could get to the other side. Way too late.
*sigh*
Sorta sounds like a bad beer commercial, now that I think about it.

Great thing you did for the guy in trouble. :smile:

As I was reading your post I was thinking "how ironic...the NSX, the most reliable supercar...actually has a toolkit in the trunk" (I always knew I had the toolkit, but never thought about actually using it since, afterall, it's an NSX).

That's Honda for you...always prepared. :biggrin:

Interesting. .. so the metric lug wrentch we have fits the english lugs of the Corvette? What luck! Also, did you let him use your spare? I couldn't tell. . .

Interesting. .. so the metric lug wrentch we have fits the english lugs of the Corvette? What luck! Also, did you let him use your spare? I couldn't tell. . .
I used a breaker bar and a specialty PVC wrapped deep socket actually. Ended up being the same size needed to remove the aftermarket lugs on my car. You can see it on the wheel here as I was getting ready to do the super dandy lifesaver spare swapperoo.

imgp0957.jpg

imgp0960.jpg

Like I said I had a full toolbox. I never do a road trip without carrying it actually. Could perform almost any major mechanical repair with all the tools I carry in it. Thankfully my buddy that came along for the weekend road trip stayed longer for business and I travelled back alone. He would have been sore from having the toolbox rest on his lap after it was displaced by the flat rear wheel. It weighs over 60lbs.... :)

A few years ago I passed by a couple of girls whose car was on the side of the highway spouting steam. They must've been coming home from the beach because all they had on were bikinis and sandals. The way they were acting, they didn't know wtf to do.
I was WAY down the road before I could get to the other side. Way too late.
*sigh*
Sorta sounds like a bad beer commercial, now that I think about it.

Man... that is the most anti-climactic story I have ever heard.

So I did a smokin' U-turn and screeched to a halt right in front of their car. I said, "Need a lift, ladies?"
They were really, really grateful for the ride, even though one had to ride in the other's lap. Turns out they were really into each other but wanted to try a threesome. By the time we got to their apartment the car was full of sand, and by morning, so was the bed ....
Ok, it lacks the "wah-wah" music, but that's the best I can do this late.:smile:

So I did a smokin' U-turn and screeched to a halt right in front of their car. I said, "Need a lift, ladies?"
They were really, really grateful for the ride, even though one had to ride in the other's lap. Turns out they were really into each other but wanted to try a threesome. By the time we got to their apartment the car was full of sand, and by morning, so was the bed ....
Ok, it lacks the "wah-wah" music, but that's the best I can do this late.:smile:

F-ing hilarious. Lol.

As far as helping people on the side of the road.... I'm almost always that guy.. and knock on wood, every time I've broken down or needed help someone usually stops or I'm able to get ahold of someone. Karma baby. Believe it!

You said that he didn't have a lug wrench. Well I've owned a 2006 C6. It did not have a spare since it used run flat tires. My wifes Z4 also does not have a spare. Heck, maybe I should check for a wrench. Anyway, it was nice that you helped him out. Sometimes, I get waves from passing Corvettes. I guess they think I'm in one too...

Back