• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I finally did it....

A funny little thing...

I stopped at a gas station and the 20-ish year old attendant came out to look at the NSX.

He said his buddy had one but sold it to get a BETTER car. I smiled and said, "Oh really? What did he get?"

Oh, he got a Ferrari...

I said something like...Oh, that's nice.

It was no big deal, but it was a snobby little put down. I'm always surprised when people have to twist that knife and be a jerk.

As I paid the kid, I said, Yeah, I considered a Ferrari but after I drove several models, I wasn't too impressed and went back to the Acura dealer and bought the NSX.

It was a fib, but it had to be done, IMHO!
wink.gif

Jim

------------------
1991 NSX Blk/Blk
1974 Vette 454 4 spd
Wht/Blk

Originally posted by Jimbo:
Yeah, I considered a Ferrari but after I drove several models, I wasn't too impressed and went back to the Acura dealer and bought the NSX.

Well Jimbo, I can honestly say that I DID have my hard earned money down on a 1999 Ferrari 355 GTSi and I gladly took my $10K deposit back to put down on my 2000 NSX-T after such a huge difference. I have said in this forum before that I read an article that said "If you want to impress your neighbors buy a Ferrari, if you want to impress yourself, buy an NSX." For once in my life, I made what for me was a good decision and chose to make myself happy and not everyone else. Do I resent the Ferrari comments?... Sure. Do I get tired of telling everyone what it is?... Sure. Does being mistaken for a Corvette piss me off?... You bet! Would I do it all again?... I sure would! And in less time that took for someone to key Hiroshima's car.
smile.gif

PS: Will I someday buy a Ferrari?... Yep, got my eye on a 360. Sorry guys.
smile.gif

------------------
Gordon G. Miller, III
Y2K NSX #51 Yellow/Black

I saw the 360 at the last San Francisco Auto Show in November of 1999 - it was yellow!.. Yes, I would like to have one too, and I'm green with envy knowing you might be getting one and I couldn't possibly afford one. On the other hand, in my modest opinion it is not as good looking as the NSX, yes, finally made of aluminum and with superior performance than the NSX but is it really worth the extra money? I don't know.
Perhaps we are switching from impressing ourselves to impressing our neighbors?

Originally posted by dollenz:
I don't know.
Perhaps we are switching from impressing ourselves to impressing our neighbors?

Damn straight! Dollenz, you know I love your choice of colors and cars, but what can I say about the Ferrari... "Chics dig the car." And even the blondes know what it is.
smile.gif

------------------
Gordon G. Miller, III
Y2K NSX #51 Yellow/Black

Back