• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I guess the value of the NSX is rising rapidly already!

awesome! Let the bid war begins and NSX becoming collectible! The bidder has 801 feedbacks..so he's legit. :)

My guess the bid is from a related party.

Offering to pay $20k over MSRP is absolute stupidity in my opinion. :rolleyes:

CerberusM5 said:
Offering to pay $20k over MSRP is absolute stupidity in my opinion. :rolleyes:

What about selling for $10k less than book value? :eek: :frown:

Really it's a safe bid though as long as you bid the opening price if it is reserve not met, as the bidder knows he will not win the car and actually have to buy it.

OLDE GUY said:
What if the "Reserve" is removed? Can't the seller do that?

No, they can't remove it, they can only lower it to an amount that would make the next bidder meet reserve. This avoids entrapment of the buyer. If I bid $2000 on a computer, and the reserve is not met I may bid on another and win it. If the first seller decides to remove reserve I would be stuck with 2 computers. I hope that is a clear explanation.

TucAZNSX said:
And it's an AUTOMATIC!!! :eek:

That's why the idiots think it's worth so much, because it's rare!
Let's see, I bet 427 67 vettes are rare with an auto, but it does not make them worth more (or as much) as a good 4 speed!

Interestingly the seller states that 05 NSX's are only AT. He's wrong, isn't he or did I missunderstood something?
Nice car (my favorite blue) but too high bid. :)

No he states he has the only new AT in the US, which appears to be true using the NSX locator, but again, who wants one bad enough to pay that when an used AT will sell for thousands less than a manual in my experience (due to lack of demand).

I am sorry...but this is the first that i am hearing this. we have about 40+ cars here, alllllllllllllllllllll manual. i have a lot to say about this, but i'll stop here :D

zahntech said:
I have known many asian drivers that prefer automatics....I have no idea why...I never asked..

I meen no dissrespect to asians, I have sold prolly 30 cars in the last 2 or 3 years and in seattle there is a large asian population, and when asian buyers have called on the cars I have had for sale the first question they ask is "is it an automatic?" and if I say no, most have not been interested any longer.

zahntech said:
I meen no dissrespect to asians, I have sold prolly 30 cars in the last 2 or 3 years and in seattle there is a large asian population, and when asian buyers have called on the cars I have had for sale the first question they ask is "is it an automatic?" and if I say no, most have not been interested any longer.

That may be true for the cars you have sold, but here on this thread your post sounds like you're saying that Asians prefer automatic NSXs - which is the greatest insult ever. :eek: :biggrin:

I'm Chinese, and I can say that... "Most Asians can't drive!!" But Asian Driver in US are the worst of them, you know why? They won't be able to touch the steering wheel or passing the driving test at the home country. Get my drift??

You just made a poor generalization about Asians, as in here, nsxprime and nsxca, I believed it's been represented by more Asian owners than other Car clubs or website...

I can say that most Asian suburb household contains a Mercedes/BMW for dad, Automatic baby Benz or Camry/Accord, CRV for mom, a manual sport car or sport compact for the kids. :) Ok, I'm doing a poor generalization again...

>I'm Chinese, and I can say that... "Most Asians can't drive!!" But Asian Driver in US are the worst of them, you know why? They won't be able to touch the steering wheel or passing the driving test at the home country. Get my drift??

What do you get if you cross a Chinese with a Mexican? A car thief who can't drive!

>I can say that most Asian suburb household contains a Mercedes/BMW for dad, Automatic baby Benz or Camry/Accord, CRV for mom, a manual sport car or sport compact for the kids. Ok, I'm doing a poor generalization again...

Close!, Mom drives the Benz...

Regards,

Ferrand, most the cars I have sold I think were being purchased by asian perents for thier kids...and once agian I meen no disrespect...one of my favorite and best AutoX driver friends is Japanese.....I have only worked on 2 automatic NSXs in 15 years and one was owned by an asian guy ....I have no idea what the cross section of NSX owners racial profiles is but I think we can all agree most are men :smile:

Back