• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I hate those NSX vs. Corvette threads....

You always have these nuckle heads talking about how much better the corvette is, how much cheaper it is etc. Well Here's my proof that the NSX rocks the Corvette. Next time you see one of these threads just copy and paste so they can all STFU!

Speed Vision World Challenge Results.

1997 (Touring Class)
1 Peter Cunningham Acura NSX
2 Lou Gigliotti Saleen Mustang
3 Rob Fellows Saleen Mustang
4 Simon Gregg Saleen Mustang
5 Ron Johnson Saleen Mustang
6 Thomas Safar II Chevrolet Corvette
7 Grant Carter Chevrolet Camaro
8 Doug Frazier Saleen Mustang
9 Duane Grahovec Chevrolet Camaro
10 C. David Seuss Saleen Mustang

2001 (GT Class)

Ps. Driver Car
1 Michael Galati Audi S4
2 Peter Cunningham Acura NSX
3 Johannes van Overbeek Porsche 911
4 Mike Fitzgerald Porsche 911
5 Jeff McMillin BMW M3
6 Justin Jackson Porsche 911
7 Jimmy Adams Porsche 911
8 Phil McClure Corvette C5
9 Bob Miller Porsche 911
10 Justin Marks Porsche 911
2002 (GT Class)

1 Michael Galati Audi S4
2 Peter Cunningham Acura NSX
3 Randy Pobst Porsche 911
4 John Young(R) Saleen SR
5 Jeff McMillin BMW M3
6 Johannes van Overbeek Porsche 911
7 Derek Bell Audi S4
8 David Farmer Corvette
9 Justin Marks Porsche 911
10 Bob Miller Porsche 911

Corvette 24hours of Lemans &
Daytona Not that am a Vette Fan.
But the car is nice.

I owned a corvette. I'm buying an NSX.

I love and respect them both, if you don't then you aren't an automotive enthusiast:wink:

If i had to a buy soley based on performance, it would be the vette.
I like rare cars though and the NSX is one of my favorite looking cars as well.

I figure that not limiting myself to one type of car will be the most rewarding for me for my overall driving experience.

had RWD, FWD, AWD, 4cyl, 6 cyl and 8cyl. The only thing I haven't had yet is an MR layout. Hello NSX :)

also man, I see that the S4 is ahead of the NSX on two of those races....I dont think thats really the case do you ;)

JDM7 said:
I owned a corvette. I'm buying an NSX.

I love and respect them both, if you don't then you aren't an automotive enthusiast:wink:
It is like saying if you don't like Rosanne Barr, you don't like women!:rolleyes:
Yeah, POUND for POUND, you get much more woman from Rosanne Barr than say, Ashley Judd. :tongue:
Steve

Hey!!! I started one of those threads!!!
But since I just bought my NSX 2 days ago, I think maybe I should start a new thread on why I picked it over the Z06.

Honestly, its just NO comparison really. The Z06 has a nice interior (in my opinion), it obviously has tons of power, and good handling, but when driving the NSX, it feels like you're a freaking superstar. Its crazy.

I could probably go on and on, but one big thing is the resale. A LOT of Z06s have lost 40% in 3 years, and with hardley ANY miles on them. I could only imagine putting 100,000 miles on one. You would have to donate it to get rid of it! On the same hand, there are NSXs with 150,000 miles going for not much less then ones with 50,000 miles. VERY low depreciation. The Z06 has a low up front cost, but the total cost of ownership when you factor in $1500 tires, and resale value, its actually REALLY expensive to daily drive.

Several people will talk 1/4 miles times and justify a car just by that. But while horsepower is fun, my dad whos an old car guy from the 50s/60s told me something a few years ago when I was really into souping up my shelby clone. "more horsepower doesnt equal more fun". And its true. Horsepower is nice, but its NOT what makes a car fun.

Anyway, my 2 cents....

whiteNSXs said:
It is like saying if you don't like Rosanne Barr, you don't like women!:rolleyes:
Yeah, POUND for POUND, you get much more woman from Rosanne Barr than say, Ashley Judd. :tongue:
Steve

not really.

we're not comparing an NSX and SUV

more like ashley judd and Angelina Jolie. It's prefrence, but they're both good. :)

the new Z06 is a hot car and honestly has more bells and whisles then the NSX. The NSX has a more exotic look and is more rare.

go back to 2004

as far as depreciation goes...2004 NSX was about 90k new. You can pick one up for high 60's all day. 2004 Z06 was 55k new. You can get one for about 40k. so in 2 years you lose 20k in depreciation for the NSX and 15k for the vette....

There is a reason that I'm picking up an NSX and not a vette as I stated before. But if I had to buy a new NSX or new Z06, I don't think I could pass the Z06 up, but I've still always wanted an NSX, which is something I can't say about the vette. In all honesty, I wasn't really a huge fan of them until I drove one.

My main point is that you really can't complain about either car. Both are wonderful and perfect for whoever decides to pick one over the other. Either you have the best performance car for the money and its a hot looking car...or you have the most reliable exotic with killer looks. I'll take either:biggrin:

Dollar for dollar though, the ZO6 is a great buy when it comes to performance. I would say however that in recent years Corvette has lost much of it's supercar image. There's just too many of them on the road now.

oops. I just sold my NSX so I can get into a C6. It's so godamn obvious. People here will like their NSX more than a corvette. People over on the corvette forums will like their vettes over the nsx. Its as simple as that.

They both have their pluses and minuses. I count myself lucky to have had the NSX experience, now its time to try some torque and the nice little doo-dads...heated seats, HUD and etc. In terms of looks, I think they are both great designs. I'd have a hard time choosing which car I like better.

The NSX is more groundbreaking and vette is more up to date. Like I said, they both have their pluses and minuses.

whiteNSXs said:
Steve

Fucking hilarious, i couldent have said it more perfect myself. Just because your are and auto enthusiast dont mean your going to like every car. Im an extreme enthusiast but i dont care for "P" cars much at all..... Even though there incredible cars.

Spinner said:
oops. I just sold my NSX so I can get into a C6. It's so godamn obvious. People here will like their NSX more than a corvette. People over on the corvette forums will like their vettes over the nsx. Its as simple as that.

They both have their pluses and minuses. I count myself lucky to have had the NSX experience, now its time to try some torque and the nice little doo-dads...heated seats, HUD and etc. In terms of looks, I think they are both great designs. I'd have a hard time choosing which car I like better.

The NSX is more groundbreaking and vette is more up to date. Like I said, they both have their pluses and minuses.

I never liked the vette too much. I've always had thing for Japanese cars. Then when I got an NSX I never knew how much attention it would get. On a daily basis I get thumbs up and compliments left and right. Just the other I drove past a car full of girls and one of them put their arm out the window and took a picture with her phone.

rayns,
Funny you should mention this:
"Just the other I drove past a car full of girls and one of them put their arm out the window and took a picture with her phone."

I was on I5 just north of Woodland and it happened to as well. They came up beside me then droped back then pulled in front to capture each side then front and back...

Spinner said:

Corvette has a impressive history of racing at Sebring.

They're both great cars. You are going to get the hardliners in each car group claiming their car is better. I own a C5 (02) and it's great (Spinner - you'll love the HUD). But I also like the NSX and wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with one as well.

C5FILM said:
Corvette has a impressive history of racing at Sebring.

They're both great cars. You are going to get the hardliners in each car group claiming their car is better. I own a C5 (02) and it's great (Spinner - you'll love the HUD). But I also like the NSX and wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with one as well.

Yeah, my neighbour has one and I was absolutely impressed with the quality and features! The HUD was great! At first I thought it was kinda gimmicky, but realised its reason for being there after a quick drive.

A friend pointed me to a 45 page thread regarding this very dispute on R&T forums today- Pretty much the same argument you always see in a ___ vs. ___ thread.

People cite magazine performance figures rather than experience, then there is usually a little nationalism (BUY AMERICAN!) followed by some third party references to some guy they know somewhere who did something and that proves the point, and then nothing but redundancy.

I didn't contribute, but I was reminded why I barely ever visit R&T forums anymore. Bunch of knuckleheads over there...

Bottom line? I have no means of comparison. I HAVE driven an NSX in all sorts of conditions and loved every foot of every mile, but I have not driven a C6. On paper the C6 sure looks good, but then on paper the NSX doesn't get any credit for it's performance.

I can only conclude that paper, (which most feel is quite arbitrary) can be decieving, and is no means to make judgement.

I think the C6 is an attractive car, but no more so than I find the NSX

I retire from debate until I have a sample for experimentation. Until then, I will just continue on in my ignorance and enjoy what I have access too! ;)

AmigaOS said:
rayns,
Funny you should mention this:

I was on I5 just north of Woodland and it happened to as well. They came up beside me then droped back then pulled in front to capture each side then front and back...

This to me is the downside of driving an NSX- It scares me when people do this, and I have to be twice a deliberate about my actions to avoid the yahoo's trying to get camera shots.

It is scary enough to be sitting so low out of the sightline in a sea of SUV's, but to have them circling like Paparazzi is pretty hard to take.

I saw a new zo6 on the road yesterday. It does look nice. It got me to wondering if the new zo6 will hold its value better than the first one. I'd have to think it will. It would be a bargin to buy a 2006 zo6 with 15000 miles on it for 40000 dollars 3 years from now--hence, i think the price might stay highter than that.

Imagine being able to get a 2006 version of this: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...r=2003&pager.offset=75&max_price=&cardist=250

in three years for a similar price...with 500 hp, and the exotic factors that they built into the car (like carbon fiber construction and others to save weight) i really see the new zo6 being much higher valued.

I've owned both cars. I had a '97 Corvette (glass top) and a '99 Vette (convertible). They were both okay sportscars but I'd take my '94 NSX over either anyday. I've driven most every sportscar and I also own an '03 Viper. I honestly have the most fun driving the NSX. Vettes are a dime a dozen in my area and the Viper is almost dangerous to drive.

although, i do like the fact that alot of people get TOTALLY PISSED OFF that other people will buy cars that to them 'don't make any sense'.

...they're both Nice cars BUT NSX get More attention than the Vett! am i right guys?...:smile:

Back