• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Forza 5 - November 22, 2013 on Xbox One

Indeed the new original model they made for the NSX looks awesome. They even got small details like the screw caps for the pop up lights in there lol.

Oh Yes I did create my actual lisence plate for the game lol.

Click on the pictures to see the high res versions of these. It's pretty awesome you can see the metal flakes in the paint lol.

My impression of the game so far has been good with a little bit of critiquing as well. I'm really liking the new drivitar ai in Forza 5. Even though this does cause more crashing and bumping into eachother during the races, it does feel like your racing against real people instead of ride on rail AI. Also I think the cut back in track count isn't as bad as it seems. In reality there are 14 "Locations" with about 37 variations of tracks from these 14 location. So far I don't feel like I've been driving the same tracks over and over yet although I did just start it. From the start I set difficulty to the max with no assist and so far it's taken me about 2 days to get a hang of the new physics engine. It definitely is harder to drive than in previous versions of the game. I've already spun out a couple times due to snap oversteer with the NSX which I felt didn't really happen much in Forza 1-4. So far I'm liking it and hopefully someone figures out a way to make fanatec wheels work on the xbox one cause I would love to try to use my wheel with this game.

Update: I just realized that the button sensitivity is located in the profile manager. I was able to tweak the sensitivity of the triggers for better control.

Last edited:
They also screwed up on the headlamps. It looks like the pop lights uses reflectors instead of projectors.

So far I'm liking it and hopefully someone figures out a way to make fanatec wheels work on the xbox one cause I would love to try to use my wheel with this game.

Here is the bad news from Fanatec themselves.

I'm hoping to used my pedals and shifter though (fingers crossed).

That NSX looks good!

And what's the deal with the placement of the marker lights?

GT5's NSX model still looks more accurate
007_GT5-X3.jpg

Last edited:
And what's the deal with the placement of the marker lights?

GT5's NSX model still looks more accurate
007_GT5-X3.jpg

The jdm side markers are closer to the door compared to the location of the usdm one.

This side marker comment is funny. Don't feel bad as I was wondering myself. I like the JDM better I think now that I know.

I am a PS3/4 guy. I am violent over the fact that GT6 will not be for PS4. I also have half a mind to pick up XBox One for this 'Forza' game you speak of.... Where it not for a new NSX part I want I probably would have picked it up.

On the wheel notes, I never owned one I liked. It's been years though and the one pictured in the post looked real nice. I am bothered that neither system is backwards compatible. I still have PS2 games I play from time to time (Original SOCOM for example). I would have been much happier if they were. The controllers in my opinion is even more disheartening for those that bought nice stuff like the wheel listed.

For now, I have been playing Need for Speed Rivals. It's more of an arcade style game but fun none the less.

Enjoy...

Wheels were not really good until they introduced 900 degree rotation. The fanatec wheels feel really great. I won't play the game without one. I think back on the day people with wheels could drive faster than controllers, but now with all the force feedback and effort required to drive fast with a wheel I think it is the opposite.

I'm hoping fanatec makes a wheel that works with my current shifter and pedals so I don't need a whole new set up.

I think back on the day people with wheels could drive faster than controllers, but now with all the force feedback and effort required to drive fast with a wheel I think it is the opposite.

I'm not sure if there is a concrete answer. The best way would be to see what the guys at the top of the leaderboards use.

At first I was much slower with the wheel vs a controller, but now its not even close ( I may just be getting better). But I think even with the "roughness" of the force feedback etc, with 900 degrees of rotation, thats quite fine adjustment vs moving a joystick 2 cm from lock to lock. So I think a wheel aids to steering control. Same goes for throttle and especially braking if a load cell is used. As a bonus, a wheel is much more rewarding than the sticks!

That just my 2 cents, I am curious what the leaderboard guys use??

Lucas

P.S. why they no release GT6 for PS4? Weird.

just noticed something on the NSX model - the 1992 type R doesn't have a fully modeled engine! It's just a flat texture. The bugeye model has a fully modeled engine. Shame on you turn 10!

A buddy sent me a screenshot. I have gt5 but this somehow looks many times better.

So very glad video games weren't this good when I was a kid. I was taking bicycles completely apart and modifying them at age 11 and my 14 & 10 y/o nephews can't diagnose a flat bike tire...but can womp on me effortlessly in Forza 4. Love them to death nonetheless...

But this shot. Oh my!

hyny9ebu.jpg

Yinzer, I've said the same many times. I was writing my own crappy games and started programming at about the age my son is now. He just wants to play PS3 and is a media addict. We have to severely manage his time.

I could really use some help - I would like to buy my 4 nephews a group gift of a wheel and maybe a seat set-up for Xbox One. Usually I can educate myself enough in 20-30 minutes w/Amazon & Google but after 1 hour I'm coming up completely empty. Am disappointed that the reasonably-priced and high rated Logitech G27 won't work for Xbox One. Seems the only available wheel for the Xbox One is the Thrustmaster TX which has pretty spotty reviews and a pretty hefty price.

http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-...qid=1398991633&sr=8-2&keywords=xbox+one+wheel

Does anyone have any advice for good force feedback wheel/seats for Xbox One that they've had good experience with? My nephews are ages 8 to 14 so I'm not looking for the ultimate balanced package/perfection (like your & my taste in 2 seat cars). But any advice would be really appreciated. Maybe the Thrustmaster Ferrari edition is a love/hate thing depending upon age & expectations, and it might be fine for kids who (I assume) won't miss a clutch pedal. Having said that I sure would prefer spending around $200 on a wheel than $350 so I could pick up something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Wheelstand-Th...8992793&sr=8-7&keywords=thrustmaster+xbox+one

and maybe also this:

http://www.amazon.com/Buttkicker-BK...TF8&qid=1398992896&sr=8-1&keywords=buttkicker

Am I overlooking any options out there or did Microsoft really put the screws to Xbox One owners?

The upcoming MadCatz wheel at $399 is even more crazily priced. Scaryonee5's comment from 4 months ago about says it all.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/08/ces-mad-catz-racing-wheel-for-xbox-one-hands-on-impressions

Maybe I just take them to an empty field and let them drive my 225k mile Honda around...would be cheaper and easier. J/K

Thanks a ton for any ideas I'm overlooking.

a good wheel will cost you. I spent $650 on my fanatec setup for forza 4/pc. unfortunately fanatec doesn't have any products for the xbox one yet, and neither the thrustmaster or the madcatz is very good for the discerning sim racer.

that said, i'm sure either the thrustmaster or the madcatz would be perfectly fine for an 8-14 year old. way more fun than a controller, that's for sure.

avoid that style of wheel stand, it's nowhere near firm enough. I have the fanatec version and I'm unhappy with it. an integrated seat/stand setup is much better (but again, more $$$)

If you're handy with some 2x4s and a power drill you could easily construct an awesome cockpit that will hold the wheel firmly in place. add a scrapyard car seat & you're done. I would do that if I had the space for it in my apartment.

and yes, microsoft did screw xbox one users. I believe only madcatz and thrustmaster were given access to the new controller APIs early enough to have products ready at launch. rumor is fanatec is working on something now, but it probably won't be out till the end of the year at the earliest.

Last edited:
^ This is exactally what I did. It's leaps and bounds stiffer than the pre-made rigs you can buy (at least the one I tried). The added bonus is infinite adjustability. My 2x4 rig cost me less than $100 easily.

If you've got the time, building the rig together might be a fun gift. There aren't exactally plans out there, but it's not rocket science. Send me a PM if you need some hindsight advice if you go this route.

My Fanatec rig for 4za also cost be ~$500. Worth it if you play as much as I do.

If I were you, I wouldn't buy any hardware until "Project C.A.R.S." is finalized, give it a google, its miles ahead of GT and Forza imo.

Lucas

I thought about the build idea. Using an Nsx seat of course. Mostly I wanted to get a sense of the wheel alternatives. Might actually be cheaper to buy a PS3, the latest grand turismo, and a G27 than to get a good xbox one wheel!! Thx for the tips!!

Last edited:
I thought about the build idea. Using an Nsx seat of course. Mostly I wanted to get a sense of the wheel alternatives. Might actually be cheaper to buy a PS3, the latest grand turismo, and a G27 than to get a good xbox one wheel!! Thx for the tips!!

You're on to something here.

If I were you, I wouldn't buy any hardware until "Project C.A.R.S." is finalized, give it a google, its miles ahead of GT and Forza imo.

Lucas

Wow. I see what you're saying. I think I'll wait. Or rather, my nephews' gift will have to wait.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com

Don't know whether I'll be more impressed with the game based on previews, or if they make their November 2014 launch date. Seems like no race game or simulator ever makes their launch date.

About the only way they could get a more realistic to true life feeling would be if the cars weren't so perfectly shiny.... Utterly amazing what can be done nowadays.

oh man, the Nürburgring was released as a free DLC yesterday. It is absolutely epic. the lighting/road feel is incredible.

I refuse to play this game until there is a proper wheel for it..

I refuse to play this game until there is a proper wheel for it..

There isn't one?

I refuse to play this game until I get an Xbox One. :p

Last edited:
Back