• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I love the way this car downshifts!

Me too.... The DCT in this car is fabulous. Amazing how the computer monitors everything and adjusts the throttle blips to suit your driving attitude.... amazing!

I wish it would downshift into 1st gear. Plenty of times when driving thru parking lots at around 7mph, engine lugs in 2nd.

I wish it would downshift into 1st gear. Plenty of times when driving thru parking lots at around 7mph, engine lugs in 2nd.

At 7mph you should just be all electric...

At 7mph you should just be all electric...

I’m in sport + mode 90% of the time. So the car wouldn’t go into electric mode then.

With the computer programming this car has, I don’t see why it can’t go into 1st gear at very low speeds, especially in sport+ or track modes.

Interesting as I can honestly say I've never noticed mine lugging and I am in sport+ 99% of the time.

Try driving Porsche's PDK and let us know how the NSX trans compares.

That brings to mind a video of Randy Pobst driving a Porsche a while back for whatever magazine test that he's a part of. He had the car in auto mode and it seemed to be doing a good job up- and down-shifting, except that when he got back on the gas after a corner the car downshifted right away. Basically, the car's decisioning on downshifting left it in too high a gear for proper acceleration.

The actual individual gear shifts that a PDK does are very nice, though.

I think when Heavymetals added "I am not talking about using the paddles either" they are talking about the shift points the car picks in addition to the actual process of changing gears...?

Back