• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I may sell my NSX and get a jaguar XK-R

I am seriously considering selling my NSX and getting a 2008 jaguar XK-R. My car has almost 170,000 miles now. Still drives great but I was out yesterday and really liked the Jag. At 170,000 miles and my daily driver as well a car that I track regularly it may be time to trade for something different. Does anyone have experience with a 2008 jag XK-R? One thing I am looking forward to is more power at the track. My NSX was an automatic and power out of turns and especially down the straight was just lacking. Also my wife hates the stiff ride of my NSX now that I have the Koni's and thicker sway bar on it. Looking for input. hard part is that I have a harness bar, harnesses, Koni suspension, Cantrell cold air induction, anytime exhaust, after market race brakes as well as a set of slicks on separate wheels for the track. Starting over on a new car to get it track ready may cost. I at least would want a separate set of wheels with slicks for the Jag to start. Advice is requested.

I was invited to a Porsche reception to unveil the new 911 series and the jag dealer was right next door. The 2008 models are more in my price range right now at around $40K. I hope to look at a 2008 model in 2 weeks when I am in the Atlanta area for the day on business.

I'm a fan of the XR-S with the Speed Pack installed. Good choice!
Jaguar-XKR-Speed-Pack-2011.jpg

I was invited to a Porsche reception to unveil the new 911 series and the jag dealer was right next door. The 2008 models are more in my price range right now at around $40K. I hope to look at a 2008 model in 2 weeks when I am in the Atlanta area for the day on business.

I can't imagine you will enjoy the jag as a track car,coming from an nsx.....and to try and mod it for such would ruin what it does best..GT....

I still have to pick up my new NSX in Florida in a couple of weeks but it almost didn't happen when I drove a Jag XK (was not even an R). What a lovely combination of power, handling, and luxury! Something made me hesitate and I found my current pending NSX, instead. Two roads diverged...

You won't ruin street tires at the track unless they're new and not heat cycled correctly. In the rain you'll be glad you did :smile:. Love the XK-R styling. Do they come in a stick or paddle shift?

Last edited:
Doc that is one that I was looking at. There is another in Atlanta that is a little more expensive but has less mileage.

I agree about the rain, but the track can really eat some tires, I have found it less expensive and more grip to have 2 sets, slicks for the track and more all season tires for the street. I can get close to 20k miles out of all season tires in my NSX but P-zeros or pilot sports only around 12k miles and they are about 2.5 X more expensive. I have to keep the wife happy and i was buying tires around 3 times every 2 years when I used street tires on the track.

I cannot imagine tracking, especially aggressively, a high end Jaguar and not accumulating serious, serious costs in the process.

Doc that is one that I was looking at. There is another in Atlanta that is a little more expensive but has less mileage.

They are 15 miles from me. I'm going to be going there this week to look at a ML350. If you want me to check out the Jag for you I can do so. I know a few people who have bought cars from that place, and as long as the car is under factory warranty you are good to go.

It looks great, but I wouldn't pick that over the NSX. It's not unique enough. The Jag, Aston Martin, and Maserati all look just about the same.

Hey DocL:

That would be awesome thanks. You are talking about the one in Atlanta or the one in Florida that was linked earlier?

David

Hey DocL:

That would be awesome thanks. You are talking about the one in Atlanta or the one in Florida that was linked earlier?

David

Sorry. The one in my link is close to where I live in Florida.

DocL, lake Worth is pretty good drive for me but if you will be out that way anyway I would be interested to know what you think of the car, I may be willing to drive down there.

Track Addict, I was going to ask around $27K, I figure if I put up around savannah with a for sale sign I can get that pretty easily as people are always asking to buy it. Considering the mileage and age it really looks pretty good. The check engine light stays on, but the mechanic says it is due to the air induction and that he has checked everything and it is fine. Since it has been on ever since I put it on and that was more then 80k miles ago I tend to believe him :)

$27K for a NSX with 170k miles? Is that the going rate?!

I just have a hard time seeing a jaguar XK-R as a good track replacement for a NSX.

I would look more along the lines of a Vette Grand Sport or Z06 (unless you have to get an auto again).

Maybe an Audi S5.

The Jag is beautiful though.

Of course, you can always slap a turbo on your nsx :)

Jimbo, Kelly blue book shows $22k - $24K. I am hoping to get a little higher as anyone would. I believe in my area the NSX is so rare and so many have commented on it that I may get a little higher. My car actually came in second place at the Concours de' elegance in Hilton head the second year in the imported exoctic;s category and just last year was the second place people choice award at the speed classic on Hutchinson Island which is helf the weekend before the concours. The car shows nicely still. Plus,(and I know this doesn't help many people) I have 2 extra sets of wheels with tires on one and slicks on the other). i still have the original side pieces as i used donar pieces to cut for the harness bar. The inside is still in pretty good shape as well. Heck if I have to come down some I will.

...... Also my wife hates the stiff ride of my NSX now that I have the Koni's and thicker sway bar on it..

Koni yellows in the softest setting and she's complaining?

Sway bars shouldn't have much impact on ride quality.

what springs do you have?

Back