• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I need help with installing front bumper chin

HTN

Experienced Member
I searched, but nothing showed up on installing front bumper chin.
Seems pretty easy. Any suggestions on type of tools and what to look for?
Thanks in advance.

I searched, but nothing showed up on installing front bumper chin.

I know what a spoiler lip is, but what's a bumper chin?

I know what a spoiler lip is, but what's a bumper chin?

Bumper chin... spoiler chin... double chin... all the same right.:biggrin:
Thx for the clarification. There is so much more that I need to learn about this car.

Bumper chin... spoiler chin... double chin... all the same right.:biggrin:
Thx for the clarification. There is so much more that I need to learn about this car.

I really wasn't being cheeky...I thought maybe it was something that *I* hadn't learned about yet. So you're referring to the rubber piece that connects to the bottom of the front spoiler?

I really wasn't being cheeky...I thought maybe it was something that *I* hadn't learned about yet. So you're referring to the rubber piece that connects to the bottom of the front spoiler?

Yes that is correct.
Also thanks guys for the tips. Acura Dealer quoted my $75 to install it. I guess I will attempt the install myself.

Easy to do, 13 bolts and clip/nuts.

Make sure not to overtighten the bolts, they bottom out on the clip/nuts. Once they are tight, if you keep twisting them it can split out the holes in the bumper.

Most older NSX's I have seen have a couple of the bumper holes split out.

One more question.
Just got home and I do not see any clips included with this chin piece.
Can I use the existing clips/screws from the car now or should I purchase new ones? If purchase is needed, where can I get it?

Thanks again.

I recently bought 3 sets. Buy the clip-nut and bolt from a Honda dealership will save you $$ over buying it from an Acrura dealer. Cheapest is to buy it on the internet, but you have to pay shipping which may neglect the lower internet price.
clip nut p/n: 90305-SH3-000
bolt p/n: 90111-SM4-003

Use a pair of needle nose pliers to hold the back when loosening them other wise they will twist ant strip the hole out where they attach to the bumper I used the same ones that came off the car just dab a little if anti-seize on the bolts so next time you take your spoiler of you won’t have a hard time with stuck bolts.:smile:

Just came back from Lowe's, and found the M6-1.00 x 25 body bolts(with the loose washers). They are in the "hardware" section, in the racks of drawers - automotive body bolts. A bag of 2 cost $1.39

Unfortunately, I could not find a good clip to go with these. I only have about 3 original clips left, which work perfectly with the new bolts, but I need to find some good clips. I'll try Home Depot after work. If I have luck, I will follow up.

Hope that help save some $$ or at least provide some convenience.

Compare to delray:
13 bolts = $22.62
13 clips = $34.84

Cheers

NAPA carries a variety of similar clips which will work well. I needed to replace some of my clips as well and the one I got from NAPA worked perfectly. Just bring an oem clip with you and match it up.

NAPA carries a variety of similar clips which will work well. I needed to replace some of my clips as well and the one I got from NAPA worked perfectly. Just bring an oem clip with you and match it up.

I just came back from NAPA with an OEM clip and the salesman found 2 clips that were compatible with the screws, but the clips were nearly 1 cm longer than OEM, and were a little more narrow. I don't know it I was looking at the correct ones. I figured that the would not be a secure fit. Were these similar to yours??

Similar to this:
http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPag...PartNumber=6651362&Description=Body+Speed+Nut

You wouldn't happen to know which ones they were?

Cheers

Sorry--I don't recall which ones they were. However, they were not exactly the same size, but fit and worked perfectly. When I went to NAPA , the counter guy pulled out a book full of different sized clips and we just picked out the one which was closest. As long as the clip is reasonably close in size, it should work.

I just looked up some old receipts and I found a couple of NAPA part purchases which might help--one was # 665-1387 and another was #665-1303 . I don't recall which one worked better, but, both were real close. By the way , the cost, in 2005, was $4.99 each.

Thanks again guys.
Finally completed the install with existing bolts. I will check out Lowes for the cheaper bolts next time.:biggrin:

I have taken mine off and left it off , Aussie road conditions means it gets scrapped every day , I've had it off for 2 weeks now and never scrapped , Is it there purely to protect the front bar or is there aerodynamics reasons for it ??

I have taken mine off and left it off , Aussie road conditions means it gets scrapped every day , I've had it off for 2 weeks now and never scrapped , Is it there purely to protect the front bar or is there aerodynamics reasons for it ??

That's what a previous owner had done to my NSX - Removed bumper spoiler to combat scraping. However, since I am on stock suspension height with aftermarket wheels, I need every inch of body I can get in the front to make it look lower & better(personal preference:wink: )

Besides, even with that spoiler removed, the owner STILL scraped the front end a lot! :mad: I will be repainting it when I attach the new bumper spoiler.

I have a 99 - the clips seem to be a combination of screws (philips head) On the opposite side is a 10mm bolt head - washers/clips in between. The bolt appears to be welded onto the clip. Doesn't seem like twisting the bolts is the way to get these off as th eentire clip will rotate - or is that what we want... ?

.jeremy

Back