• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I suddenly feel tired of NSX ownership! Help!

I'm sure that C5 or C6 you referenced would be just great in the winter/snow you mentioned YIKES!!! (instead of all covered up in the garage like your NSX)?????? If you sell the NSX and buy another high performance sports car, it too will be in the garage in the winter, for sure!! So, don't make you decision based on that flawed logic.

Most if not all have more than one car.

I have different variaties of cars because I get bored really quick.

If you can afford the cost, have a few nice cars and take turns driving them. Sometimes I like driving my big SUV because I don't have to be careful and watch for pot holes, I can just run everything over and park anywhere. Complete opposite of the NSX. I also have a dedicated Auto-x car that I can romp on without caring about how perfect it is at the end of the day. Extra toys don't have to be expensive, maybe different.

Well, that's my formula.:smile:

Well, I had similar feelings recently and sold mine yesterday after enjoying her for 3 1/2 years. Having driven DE's on and off for 15 years, I got tired/bored with going around in circles. I have learned a lot, met a lot of interesting / helpful people who loved cars, and driven as well as I could. I cherish my last driving weekend - great memories of my beautifully balanced NSX. Now someone else can enjoy her - a young engineer who can fully appreciate an NSX. I am very happy with, and for, the person who bought my car. Somehow it was important to sell her to a person who could appreciate the ingenious design - and not "mod" the hell out of her!

Now it's time to move on - a sailboat - again! Talk about asking for troubles :rolleyes:

Last edited:
OLDE GUY said:
Well, I had similar feelings recently and sold mine yesterday after enjoying her for 3 1/2 years. Having driven DE's on and off for 15 years, I got tired/bored with going around in circles. I have learned a lot, met a lot of interesting / helpful people who loved cars, and driven as well as I could. I cherish my last driving weekend - great memories of my beautifully balanced NSX. Now someone else can enjoy her - a young engineer who can fully appreciate an NSX. I am very happy with, and for, the person who bought my car. Somehow it was important to sell her to a person who could appreciate the ingenious design - and not "mod" the hell out of her!

Now it's time to move on - a sailboat - again! Talk about asking for troubles :rolleyes:

Again? Then you already know the 2 happiest days of a boat owners life: The days he buys it and the day he sells it:wink: :biggrin:

Shumdit said:
Again? Then you already know the 2 happiest days of a boat owners life: The days he buys it and the day he sells it:wink: :biggrin:
All too well :redface: It took me 2 years to sell my J-24 sloop which I had on Lake Norman near Charlotte. I admit to being hesitant :wink:

Have you thought about a Porsche Turbo? The car's mod potential is pretty much limitless! You can have anything from 400whp (with a few mods and ecu reflash) to 1000hp:biggrin:

so when you get bored of your "stock Boobies" you can upgrade to something bigger and bigger and bigger:tongue:

Here is a sure cure. Try one of the Noble M400's on for size. It does everything my supercharged NSX does, but a full second quicker. That said, a day of jamming your ass into a barely padded carbon fibre seat makes you appreciate going for a leisurely lap or two in the NSX.

I am also getting a little bored of mine. I'm not planning on spending $5-$10k on getting it up to 350hp. Replacing the seats because they are getting old etc etc. But the wow factor is something i think i will miss. Everybodies heads turning wondering what car it is, and people pointing, won't get that in some cars......but the New 06 Z06 looks mighty delightful.....

Re: to replace nsx ...

well, have a 95 nsx-t in so.calif. blk/stock. had it for 2yrs, garage queen, put 2400 miles in 2 yrs... was gonna sell it this summer and get a Carrera S but decided not to - gonna 'drive' it now and enjoy it. the more i look at it, the more i realize there is no car out there at this price range to replace it... i get people still commenting on this car, here in so.calif.... i know it's not what it's ALL about but still... it's a unique car and i'm gonna keep mine...
the previous owner of mine bought an espirit and called me later to see if i wanted to sell the nsx back to him...

jR

Zenky, your story made me smile. Classic analogy !!

Zenky said:
Owning a car is like having a relationship with your girlfriend/wife. You maybe tired of her because shes been flat chested(Naturally Aspirated) all the years and you don't get excited anymore when riding her.:biggrin: Although she can still get the job done, you want something different for a change.

All of the excitement was gone after years of being together, now if you can convince yourself to have a her a boob job(Put a Big Turbo):biggrin: that'll be a different story. Riding her is like a pleasure again, you just want to ride her every chance you get. You can't just get enough of that big boobs, I meant boost :)

On a serious note, every car owners go through that stage so it's OK. You only have one life to live, experiment with other vehicles and you just might find a right one that suit your needs. Goodluck with everything.

omeys_berlina said:
the New 06 Z06 looks mighty delightful.....

Yeah, but in 5 years it will be worth less than the NSX. There are so many vettes on the road, it doesnt seem that exciting anymore.

There's that song...Don't know what you got, till its gone...:biggrin:

Sounds like after 5 years of ownership you are ready to move onto something faster....hahaha

Go look at the new 997 GT3 - it's an obvious upgrade :)

btw I also have an s2000 and that is one timeless car you could never get tired of!

rick

gheba_nsx said:
Are you talking of the new one? :D

I saw that in Geneva... it looks a lot like a bigger exige, just a bit more confortbale. Still not 100% fan of the look... :confused:

Yes. The back-end looks a little bit too feminine to me but as some of us call their NSX with female names...:) She doesn't look ugly (german: nicht wie eine schwangere Bergente :tongue::D) With the right color (blue or BRG (Britsh Racing Green)) it's a nice car IMO. IT's turbo-charged so a little bit more power is not a problem.

goldNSX said:
Well, I didn't think this could happen to me but I suddenly feel tired of my NSX after 5 years of ownership. I've done a few mods to her like tranny, suspension, rims and so on and think I can't do anything else to please me. I don't want to go to the complete pain of big projects like FI or carbonize her from head to feet or whatever. I even didn't mount the Type-R hood I've bought. I just feel like selling her and don't replace it with sth equal and just stay with the S2k and mod this ride. Or maybe have a look at the C5 or C6 which is completely new to me.
Only two/three months to go till winter/snow and hate to let her see sitting in the garage till spring (april).
I don't know if it's privatly related like mid-life-crisis or whatever. But it feels very strange indeed. :(

You definitely a need newer NSX!!:biggrin:

I thought I was getting tired so I just bought an NA2 T today.. NSX forever!

"I thought I was getting tired so I just bought an NA2 T today.. NSX forever!"

Were you able to keep both? Did you pick up the red/tan 97?

Back