• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I was simply not prepared

For the attention my NSX would get.

I know I love NSXs, but I did not realize that Id be accosted at the gas pump, washing my car in the back lane, at the beer store, at the coffee shop; basically every single time I take the car out people come out of nowhere to talk to me about it. Im thrilled to share this car that I am so lucky to have.

Im going to need to start alloting in extra time for the flocks of NSX fans. Last thing I want to do is dissapoint an NSX enthusiast!

Its remarkable really what this car does to ppl.

it's fun isn't it... people think it's a ferrari because my nsx is red

Congrats....you have learned what it is like to be an NSX owner. :D

The part of what you said that makes me happy is that you do not mind taking the time to talk to the people who are excited about your car. This is important, as any owner of an exotic car needs to realize that with the car comes the responsibility to be courteous to those who politely ask you about your car. Most people think that exotic car owners are jerks, and are pleasantly surprised when they find someone who is nice. I have had an NSX since the late '90's and have always tried to let people get a closer look when they want one. Well done my friend....well done. :)

First off - Im very lucky to be in a position to have this car; I recognize that.

Secondly, why wouldnt I want to talk NSX at every opportunity? I mean seriously, what better things do I have to do? What better things do any of us have to do? :D

At 6:45 this AM I got accosted again as I got out of it underneath the building where I work. How happy was I to speak with the guy that was chasing my car around on foot while I drove to my big spot? The look on the guys face when he was able to ask me about it and get close to the art that the car is, was worth way more than the 5 minutes we spoke about it.

I LOVE this car regardless of what others think, but I loving sharing it aswell.

WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY!! LOL

hope you guys can make it to the show on the 9th at woodbine acura... i would love to see your yellow '02
see you there!

I find it pretty amazing as well. I feel very conspicuous whenever I go out.

I've got the I'm not worthy wave a couple of times ( I usually do it back, best as I can from inside the car).

Driven slowly down Robson St. in Vancouver on a Summer evening with the windows down and heard whispers of NSX NSX NSX coming from the sidewalk. Also had someone jump off the curb and snap a shot of the car (NSX paparazzi).

A gas station attendant pawing the air, missing the door to enter his Kiosk as he was watching the car.

Cars will come up quickly, then fall back and drive in formation for a while.

Dropped into a little gas station / restaurant during a trip to Calgary. All these heads popped up when I pulled in, then watched me and my other half go into the gas station for a pop, and then back out to the car (must not have NSX's in Calgary ;) )

Open mouth stares.....

All the attention use to weird me out, but I'm more comfortable with it now. Always take the time to show the car to anyone interested, and you certainly need to behave as you're easily identifiable.

I get excited seeing other NSX's myself. There's a really nice grey / silver 02 or newer model in Vancouver that I see from time to time, very sharp.

bob92blacknsx said:
Dropped into a little gas station / restaurant during a trip to Calgary. All these heads popped up when I pulled in, then watched me and my other half go into the gas station for a pop, and then back out to the car (must not have NSX's in Calgary ;) )
Strange, I find the NSX gets relatively little attention here. There are actually a lot of really nice cars here that come out in the summer.

CokerRat said:
Strange, I find the NSX gets relatively little attention here. There are actually a lot of really nice cars here that come out in the summer.

Just kidding, actually can't remember exactly where that restaurant was, somewhere between Nelson and Calgary. We went to Drumheller and the car drew a bit of attention in the parking lot for the Dinosaur Museum. A fellow there ran over to the car, looked in one side, then ran over to the other checking out the interior. There was also a car load of kids that looked pretty funny, drove by us with all their faces up against the inside glass of their car watching us.

Back