• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ideal Injectors

Looking for advice/experience.

What is the best option for a 92 FI/Turbo 600hp at the wheel injector set-up?

Based on what I can find, the RC 1000 looks like the best option, but interested in opinions about Injector Dynamics vs RC, versus??

Thanks!

Looking for advice/experience.

What is the best option for a 92 FI/Turbo 600hp at the wheel injector set-up?

Based on what I can find, the RC 1000 looks like the best option, but interested in opinions about Injector Dynamics vs RC, versus??

Thanks!

I've run precision, RC and ID 1000cc injectors and never had any problems. ID's have been a common choice these days. Many agree they idle the best for 1000cc injectors.

I have ID 1000's. the main reason I chose them was for the idle. They idle better then any other 1000cc injectors that I have seen. In order for a injector that large to idle well it needs to have a very fast response time.

As for max power they all will work.

For the 3.0l you also have a few sizes available from Deatschwerks, they offer a 800cc, 1000cc, and 1200cc. I have not used their injectors for a NSX but have used many sets for Modern GM and Ford vehicles. They have a few good fuel pump options as well. Their DW300 is rated at 325lph at 40psi and they are the one of the few that offer a warranty on their pumps and it is 3 years.

What is your plan for fuel delivery? 600whp is going to require a lot of fuel system modifications, the injectors are going to be the easiest to choose compared to the rest of the modifications.

Dave

What is your plan for fuel delivery? 600whp is going to require a lot of fuel system modifications, the injectors are going to be the easiest to choose compared to the rest of the modifications.

Dave

Thanks for the feedback, upgraded the fuel system awhile ago (Lovefab), dual pumps, modified rails, etc. Currently refreshing the block, Benson Sleeves, rings, etc, and thought it would be a good time to update the injectors.

Practically, I want to stay with injectors that have been used on NSX's with success, but I will look into the the Deatschwerks options.

Thanks!

I have ID 2000 cc injectors and a stealth 340 lph pump with a modified fuel setup, fpr and filter, lines and rails.I presently run e-85 and have 631 hp at the wheels. The injectors are at 42% duty cycle at this hp level. Obviously I dont know when I will run out of fuel flow until I build more power but presently is safe. The ID injectors are loud but the car runs very smooth and idles good. Why did I use 2000 cc injectors? Who knows what I will do when it comes time to build the motor, and running this power from a stock motor I WILL eventually have to build the motor.:wink:

Back