• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Identify these wheels...

TSW Vortex wheels, 18" and 19" staggered, gunmetal grey.

FYI - they do not come in that color.. the PO had a custom powdercoat done

I have seen these exact wheels and car in person several times since I know the PO, very nice wheels although I would encourage you to go with a 17/18
combo if TSW makes those sizes..

IMHO, these wheels look kinda large-ish in 18/19 on an NSX.

Depends on your driving goals

ps. if those were 17/18 I would have tried to buy them as a second set for my car... the 5 spoke design is simple and looks great against a red NSX

Last edited:
FYI - they do not come in that color.. the PO had a custom powdercoat done

I have seen these exact wheels and car in person several times since I know the PO, very nice wheels although I would encourage you to go with a 17/18
combo if TSW makes those sizes..

IMHO, these wheels look kinda large-ish in 18/19 on an NSX.

Depends on your driving goals

ps. if those were 17/18 I would have tried to buy them as a second set for my car... the 5 spoke design is simple and looks great against a red NSX
Wait... so these ARE 18/19s? the description says 17/17, I thought they looked a little big.

It says...
215/40ZR17 ultra-high performance front tires
255/40ZR17 ultra-high-performance rear tires
17" x 7.0" forged aluminum alloy front wheels
17" x 9.0" forged aluminum alloy rear wheels

Last edited:
They could be 17/17.....the ride height is lowered so the springs and or shocks have been modded.

Wait... so these ARE 18/19s? the description says 17/17, I thought they looked a little big.

It says...
215/40ZR17 ultra-high performance front tires
255/40ZR17 ultra-high-performance rear tires
17" x 7.0" forged aluminum alloy front wheels
17" x 9.0" forged aluminum alloy rear wheels

The 17/17" information is in regards to the factory OEM wheels (which aren't pictured).

The wheels pictured are infact the TSW Vortex wheels in 18/19" stagger. The TSW wheels are cast wheels and NOT forged aluminum alloy.

That NSX use to belong to Jack Atkinson in the San Francisco area. He had a custom shop widen those rims for a perfect flush fit.

You mean they added spacers?
9381462_13.jpg

9381462_14.jpg

Why would would you "widen" a relatively cheap cast wheel?

I wonder if the owner purchased the wrong sizes to begin with. :confused:
The wheels are offered in a 18x8 +40 and a 19x9.5 +35 both in a 5x114.5 bolt pattery which would give pretty close to the same look without spacers..
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/wheels/tsw/product/byName.do?tmn=Vortex&typ=Car/Minivan

Yeah, those look like spacers.

I met Jack at a NSX event and he was describing how the custom shop widened his rims... something I never understood or would do.

Attachments

• IMG_6296.jpg
    IMG_6296.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 67
ahhh so that was Jacks car...he is a well known N Cali owner...very clever doityourselfer also,he had some nifty mods to his car which have been removed.

ahhh so that was Jacks car...he is a well known N Cali owner...very clever doityourselfer also,he had some nifty mods to his car which have been removed.

You must know the real Jack :)

Jack made his own widebody flares, and did all the body and paint work on his Z car.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3585.jpg
    IMG_3585.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
You mean they added spacers?
9381462_13.jpg

9381462_14.jpg

Why would would you "widen" a relatively cheap cast wheel?

I wonder if the owner purchased the wrong sizes to begin with. :confused:
The wheels are offered in a 18x8 +40 and a 19x9.5 +35 both in a 5x114.5 bolt pattery which would give pretty close to the same look without spacers..
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/wheels/tsw/product/byName.do?tmn=Vortex&typ=Car/Minivan

After trying to recall my conversation with Jack, I believe he widened the rear wheels to the maximum width possible. I'm guessing he's using spacers to push the wheel face flush, then added width towards the inside. I believe he only widened the rear wheels.

I met Jack at a NSX event while reading his rear tire size, I was really surprised at the width... that's how the conversation got started :)

Last edited:
Back