• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

If the light bulb is good, but the low beam is still not working? What could it be?

What could it be? I got the new light bulb today in hope to have my left side low beam headlight to be working. However, it is still not working. What coulod it be? Any idea what should I be looking for? This is on 2002 NXS.

Thanks

Re: If the light bulb is good, but the low beam is still not working? What could it be?

tsissar said:
What could it be? I got the new light bulb today in hope to have my left side low beam headlight to be working. However, it is still not working. What coulod it be? Any idea what should I be looking for? This is on 2002 NXS.

Thanks

2002 is HID rite ?

If yes then check the ignitor or ballast. You can check the lamp by switiching it to the side that works to see if it lights up.

Re: If the light bulb is good, but the low beam is still not working? What could it be?

Is there a relay for the lights? I am not sure if there is a seperate one for the high and low beams.

Take it to the dealer...

Well the problem is that I got this NSX wrecked in the front. So dealership will not look into it.
I got it only few days from the body shop and realized that everything works perfectly except the right headlight low beam light.

Acura NsX Pilot you right 2002 is HID. What do you mean by "check the ignitor or ballast." What are those?

Thanks.

tsissar said:
Well the problem is that I got this NSX wrecked in the front. So dealership will not look into it.
I got it only few days from the body shop and realized that everything works perfectly except the right headlight low beam light.

Acura NsX Pilot you right 2002 is HID. What do you mean by "check the ignitor or ballast." What are those?

Thanks.

HID systems are made up of several componets.
A) The Lamp
B) The Ballast ( Some ballast have the ignitor built in some do not )

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/hidrebast.html

Phillips ballast are one piece / the other is an example of a two piece unit

Attachments

• Philips_xenon_2ballast_2bulbs.jpg
    Philips_xenon_2ballast_2bulbs.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 151
  • kdbballast.jpg
    kdbballast.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 149

Thanks you NSX Pilot. I just send you a private message.

In the link that you put in your post, which one of those "Replacement Ballasts" are suitable for 02 NSX?

Also, is there a quick wirte up on how to change it? Will I need to remove the whole light assembly?

Thanks!

Acura NsX Pilot said:
HID systems are made up of several componets.
A) The Lamp
B) The Ballast ( Some ballast have the ignitor built in some do not )

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/hidrebast.html

Phillips ballast are one piece / the other is an example of a two piece unit

Better know what you are doing if you are going to check it, they run on very high voltage.

Back