• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

If you could change 1 thing about your nsx what would it be?

That the "no expenses, design the best possible" attitude that was taken with the fabulous suspension, aluminum body, engine, etc was applied 100% to the car rather than including inexpensive items such as plastic coolant tanks, vinyl dash, standard pedals and the variety of other touches that high end exotics include in their vehicles. Simply put, the fabulous engineering is not matched by artistry in other details in my view. This often makes me silently nod with the dreadful "its just a Honda" comment that I otherwise contest.

I just got reminded of this again this morning: I wish the seatbelts were adjustable. I usually tuck the shoulder belt under my collar so it doesn't ride up and rub into my neck, but on days when I'm just wearing a T-shirt, this isn't an option. If the seat belt shoulder point could be adjusted along a rail like it is in pretty much every other car, that'd be nice.

I do kind of wish they went away with the variable ratio steering rack, it makes it easy for driving the non power steering models but I want a little more response.

I'd change nothing. Gen 1 NSXs are a time capsule of sorts; a way to look back and see why we have the automobiles we have available today.

Let us not forget, the NSX was a technology demonstrator. Hence the name. Honda thought outside the container during its design and manufacture and kept making the same NSX until safety requirements/MSRP made it obsolete/undesirable. I doubt Honda Corporate planned for 15 years of production when they rolled number 1 off the line. I love the NSX for what it was in 1990...experimental.

Back