• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

If you could change 1 thing about your nsx what would it be?

numeric temperature gauge

I wish the water temperature gauge had some numbers on it rather than just hash marks.

Philippe

Put a ScanGauge in your car and you will have ALL the info presently generated by onboard computer.......And pull the antique radio out of the dash / replace with CD/DVD/Bluetooth/GPS/back-up camera :biggrin:

Attachments

• scan gauge.jpg
    scan gauge.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 457
2 more inches of head room.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm very happy with mine but if I were to change something, I would want it to heat up faster! Takes forever to blow hot air, and my thermostat works fine.

Assuming the coolant warms right up, setting the ccu to 90 should get you lots of heat. if not then something not right, water valve is mis-adjusted, air in the heater core or ?

I would change it from a dude magnet to a chick magnet.
Maybe it's such a "dick" magnet because most guys call their cars "SHE", "HER", or the worst "MY BABY"...:tongue:
Naah, it's just bad ass!!!!:biggrin:

=DREW=

Last edited:
While more power is always desirable, the one thing that fails to match the performance of the rest of the car is the brakes. I would like fixed, four pot calipers with two piece, large diameter, floating, slotted rotors. Nothing says cheap more than brakes from a Civic.

+1
I'd love to get a set of Stoptechs to offset the floaters......but over here in Aus......I'd be risking an insurance claim rejection in the event I have an accident that's my fault.....they'll do everything they can over here to get away from paying out.

I would change it from a dude magnet to a chick magnet.

I'm sure this has been theorized over and over again........but when I took 'her' out today with the usual stares from guys, I think I know part of the reason why chicks don't dig the NSX...... Advance apologies to the female friends on this forum....please don't read on if you get offended easily.

Females IMHO judge things more by brand more so than males do, when it comes to things like fashion accessories. Cars are an extension of this. So with our cars sporting Honda badges over here and not a Ferrari, Lamborghini or some other exotic European badge....maybe it's already lost the fight? How do people see the Acura badge in the states?

I'd love to get a set of Stoptechs to offset the floaters......but over here in Aus......I'd be risking an insurance claim rejection in the event I have an accident that's my fault.....they'll do everything they can over here to get away from paying out.
I have Stoptechs here in Adelaide and I have no such concerns. I'm insured with Shannons who know about the brakes, even increased agreed value to include them. They are easily the best for insuring non-standard cars

+1How do people see the Acura badge in the states?
Try the Acura badge here - that'll get the girls !! :smile:

Last edited:
There are a few things I'd change - more power - not necessarily - most of us on the site never use the power to the fullest anyway unless they are big track guys and those are far from a majority here. I mean really how do you explore it's ability on public roads or the drivers either.

A few more inches of head room - I'm short doesn't matter to me but a tall guy has issues.

Better brakes or ABS - not unless you have the NA1.

Better clutch - yes - more cooling to the bell housing - but for most it's not an issue.

Everything else is almost perfect - althoug I would say any car that is built for 15 years and doesn't upgrade the stereo system as some others have suggested is just not keeping up with the times. That was part of the reason why the NSX stopped being produced. Which brings me to my wish(es) for the NSX.
1. The car's accessories were never developed at all - there basically are none. That is the biggest error they made over 14 years of production - well that and lousy advertising. Ror example - the 911 coupe has a roof rail that recieves a wonderful roof rack and they make a storage pod that looks like what they "fired Spoc down to the Genesis planet in" - can you say aerodynamic! Anyone want to take a serious road trip??? That has anything but a few suitcases??? How bout golf clubs and a trip across the country???? mMMMMmmm - right!
2. The interior needed an upgrade and it got a little but it needed way more. Nav, bluetooth, etc! No excuse with the RL having way more goodies and mucho better speakers. I mean really Acura - whassup!

Acura let it play out cause they couldn't figure out where they were going with racing and didin't have the support to really be a serious sports car company - no balls (at least towards the end) They weren't making enough money off the car and some say they were losing money on each one. Here's where the committment went south! This is what divides the car companies that really want to compete all across the board and become on of the great car manufacturers in EVERY market and those that just want to make a "statement" and say "see"!!!! "We can do it too"

So if they don't take the new one they are supposed to be building and working on like mad - any new press releases?????- and make some accessories, options - they are just triffling with us again. They need to make a solid committment to truly become a super great car manufacturer like Porsche or Mercedes of fill in the blank!

End,
Adios Boys and Girls

I love my NSX but I really hate the steering wheel. I hate the large diameter size, the small grip size and the small side horn buttons. Each time I've tried to honk the horn I didn't since I hit the center.

I love my S2000 steering wheel. I know people change their steering wheels but I don't want to do that.

More power for sure. Of course when it was designed it was legit. It longevity is surpassing its power now a days.

Second would be the stock exhaust note. I personally could listen to a Lexus LFA for hours on end (given of course it's price tag).

There are a few things I'd change - more power -

A few more inches of head room - I'm short doesn't matter to me but a tall guy has issues.

Better brakes or ABS - not unless you have the NA1.

Better clutch - yes - more cooling to the bell housing - but for most it's not an issue.

Everything else is almost perfect

End,
Adios Boys and Girls

Sorry, you have to pick one. :tongue:

Brakes...

Smart key ...

ipod interface...

More brakes....

MC

Okay, pay attention! This is a "mono" thread. Just one......okay? :biggrin:

Last edited:
Ok, I'll pick one - a more modernized center console! Oh with a better stereo system! Is that 2 things?

Center console

More attractive brake calipers, and in aluminum too.

Back