• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Im 6'6", will I fit in a NSX?

Hello,
I have been an NSX admirer from go in 1991. I finally am in the position to buy one and would like to know if I would even fit? Can someone please give me the low-down on the room in the drivers seat? Thanks, MarkyMark.:rolleyes:

Plan on taking out the seat cushion and never driving more than an hour without getting out to stretch.

Beyond that a search here on prime will yield more answers.

I am 6'1" and my head in a stock seat is 1/2" from the ceiling of the cab, Even with a lowered cushion I doubt you would be happy with the fit.

6'7" here.

Do I fit?
Sure.

Is it as comfortable as my Accord?
Certainly not.

If you plan to drive it on a regular basis, I would say you should look elsewhere. If you cruise it a couple times a month (or less) as I do, you will make yourself fit.

Good luck.

buy a NSX-T and drive with the targa off. i am 6ft and i dont have that much headroom there.

Well I can tell you if you are a true 6'6 guy, you WILL NOT FIT! :redface:

I'm 6'2, 175 lbs on a good day with a waist of 33/34 and..........

In the OEM seats, my hair/scalp barely grazes the rear plastic roof section (near the dome lights) so to that poster who said to take the T-top off, that won't work even though I know you are only joking...haha

If you are 6'6, plan on at the very least to get aftermarket WIDE bucket seats since you can lower your overall seat height by about 2" which is the route I took.

I ended up with Bride Stradia Sport seats and gained an extra 2" of headroom so now I'm REALLY comfortable in the car. I can stretch out and I still have about 2 fingers extra headroom :)

**btw I do have spikey hair so that may account for part of the problem, no sure of your hair do :biggrin:

here's a pic to help you picture what I'm talking about, note the seats position:

IMG_2161.jpg

Hello,
I have been an NSX admirer from go in 1991. I finally am in the position to buy one and would like to know if I would even fit? Can someone please give me the low-down on the room in the drivers seat? Thanks, MarkyMark.:rolleyes:

I'm 5'11" and fit perfectly...I'll drive YOUR NSX too! :)

6'1" here, and I just hair-graze the roof. I have noticed after 30 min or so in the car I have a touch more room, thinking the seat cushion settles just a little but can't see 6'6" fitting very well unless as mentioned you have a very short torso and very long legs.

Well the NSXs are tight but I would guess anything else low and sleek like it would be as well (ie, Ferrari 355). So... maybe get that exotic M3 or 911 you've always wanted. Or sell a few more records with The Funky Bunch and have one customised. :biggrin:

I am 6'4 225lbs and fit fine. Dali racing makes a special cushion which will give you even more head room althought I never needed it. I could even drive with a helment at the track if I removed the bottom cushion.

test drive one first....and if you love the car, get it and figure out the whole fitting issue later.
just don't use it as a DD. i'm sure with some racing seats you will be able to fit more comfortably.

I am 6' and notice my hair scraping the roof. Once you get the seat positioned and reclined properly, it is not bad. At 6'6", it may be problematic. The low roof line makes the car look great, but is not friendly to tall people.:frown:

On occasion being 5' 6" (short guy) has its advantages. You need to find out what well to do basketball players drive for a sports car......:biggrin:

all the guys that say buy a targa top and drive with the top off dont know what they are talking about :tongue:

Your head wont be forward enough to stick out of the open roof.

The contact area for me (I'm 6'4") is the B pillar roof section. I never had this problem w/ my coupe! It kind of makes me want a coupe but I don't think I'd trade up for one (they dont make Midnight Pearls in coupes :()

So you get less headroom in a targa due to the reinforcements on the B pillar frame thats needed to make the car more rigid since there is no roof to transmit the flex in cornering. :cool:

Unfortunately, I do not think you will fit.

I am 6'2'', 205 lbs, 34x34 pants.

I barely fit in the car and my hair brushes against the roof. This is a targa car.

You may fit in a coupe as I understand they have a little more headroom, but I just don't think you will fit in the targa no matter how you position yourself.

It's a safety issue too, not just a matter of if you will fit by cramming yourself in there. You want to have enough room so that your head won't hit the roof in case of an accident.

It all depends how much leg length compared to torso length you have. I am 6'2" and have pretty long legs, and I still have more than an inch or two of headroom.

I also do not have the seat all the way back, but still have plenty (for this kind of car) of legroom. If I lean the seat back to its limits, my head does touch the fairing between the B pillars in the NSX-T.

So I don't do that.

I'm 6'2" 260lbs I have about a 1" to spear for head room. I'm in the downey are. Your more then welcome to come over and see if you fit. did i mention it's turbo charged. :biggrin::biggrin:

Hello,

My friend is 6'7" - everytime he rides in my car and once tried to drive it he found it very uncomfortable - Not to mention I laughed because his knees are higher than the dash when he is sitting down... :biggrin:

Back