• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Im back in a NSX, man I missed this car!

Hello gang,

As some of you know I had to sell my last NSX a couple years ago. Ever since I sold it I have been trying everything to get back! I can honestly say it was the worst thing I have ever done, nothing has moved me like the NSX. So after about a year of paying off all my debts I thought it was time to start looking. I have wanted Sebring Silver for a very long time but always get impatient when I start looking for one. My last NSX I purchased from SOS had 21k miles, it was a 91. The car itself was so mint I didn't feel comfortable driving it all the time and to curtain places. I don't mind this at all but it did cause me not to drive it a lot!! I told myself if I get into another NSX I want to find something that has been taken care of but has a little bit of mileage.

So last week I found a 1992 Sebring Silver NSX, that was located in LA. The owner just did all the main service on the car so that was a plus! The exterior is in great condition, and had some tasteful mods. The car needs a new clutch but luckily SOS is close by. This was the only downfall of the car, the bad part was the owner didn't even admit to me the fact the clutch needed attention. If the car wasn't in such good shape I would have walked away, we worked out a different price and made the deal happen. All and all im very happy, I plan on cleaning the interior really good and replacing some items. I brought her to work today, see the beast below:) Thanks for looking!

John

Welcome back and congrats on getting out of debt! Must be a great feeling to know you earned your way back into your dream car :)

welcome back....rather unique enkei wheels........not often used on the nsx.What size and offsets?

Congrats on the purchase. The clutch already needs replacement after a brand new one was installed at 90K and the front lip is now missing :rolleyes: ? ?Sounds like you will take better care of it now. What are the mods you are planning to do to it?

Welcome back and congrats on getting out of debt! Must be a great feeling to know you earned your way back into your dream car :)

Thanks! Man your not kidding, it feels great to pay off debt. And even better to get back into this car!

Welcome back!! Car looks great!

Thanks, good to be back!

Welcome back... I hear they always come back :)

Thanks, haha we always come back! Can you blame us:)

Congrats man!!!

Thanks man!

welcome back....rather unique enkei wheels........not often used on the nsx.What size and offsets?

Thanks, they are unique wheels for the NSX. I like them, but will most likely get something different soon. Not sure the size, but looking at the tire size I would guess 17x7 front and 18x9.5 Rear. When I get them pulled off I will let you know the specs.

Welcome back John! Glad it worked out. Sorry we couldn't meet up but a few AZ guys come out to SoCal quite often. Come with!

Thanks man, everything worked out good. It was a great drive back from Cali. To be honest all you Cali guys are spoiled:) Hopefully I will see you soon!

Glad you are back! Congrats!

Me too:) Thanks man!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on the purchase. The clutch already needs replacement after a brand new one was installed at 90K and the front lip is now missing :rolleyes: ? ?Sounds like you will take better care of it now. What are the mods you are planning to do to it?

To be honest the Clutch is gone. It wont even hold under hard acceleration. From when you sold it from the time now its really hard to say what went wrong. To me I believe it was due to driver error or something. Sucks but im just glad I picked this car up to get it back into shape. After I get a clutch in the First thing I plan on doing to the car is the interior! I really would like to get it in perfect shape! Next will be a front lip, and finish off the side and rear with something nice. Just needs a little TLC in a couple places and it will be back to new! I love working on these things.

Last edited:
John, congrats! It's so great to see you back in an NSX. The Sebring Silver is a real beauty. Can't wait to see it up close & personal soon. I know your level of care and your attention to detail so I have high expectations ;) I'll never forget the day I went for a ride in your black 91, long before I bought an NSX of my own.

John, congrats! It's so great to see you back in an NSX. The Sebring Silver is a real beauty. Can't wait to see it up close & personal soon. I know your level of care and your attention to detail so I have high expectations ;) I'll never forget the day I went for a ride in your black 91, long before I bought an NSX of my own.

Thanks Tyson, we will meet up soon. Time for a major detail!

congrats! arent you acurazine?

Yup diddy that is me, I will be posting over there soon. Your car is looking great by the way!

welcome back bro. I just ordered a clutch set from ebay including flywheel and TOB for a 95 in my shop 1350 great deal in my book.

get her back in shape and drive the beast. and please for your sake and ours dont sell your NSX again.

so.... now you cant say your were never told.

Gotta be a great feeling getting back in the saddle! Beautiful car - great color combination - Cheers!

Seems to be a common theme. Those that sell their NSX miss it and get another one. Glad to see a NSX coming to Phoenix rather than leaving. I have seen a few NSX's leave Phoenix lately. Welcome back and will let you know next time we meet at the Scottsdale Cars & Coffee.

welcome back bro. I just ordered a clutch set from ebay including flywheel and TOB for a 95 in my shop 1350 great deal in my book.

get her back in shape and drive the beast. and please for your sake and ours dont sell your NSX again.

so.... now you cant say your were never told.

haha trust me I paid over and over for it, I learned my lesson and moving on. Thanks by the way, you bringing all these NSX back to life is a true inspiration. Nice job!

Gotta be a great feeling getting back in the saddle! Beautiful car - great color combination - Cheers!

Thanks for the kind words, it's a great feeling to stick to a goal and make it happen. I have learned a ton of patience just looking for another NSX.

Seems to be a common theme. Those that sell their NSX miss it and get another one. Glad to see a NSX coming to Phoenix rather than leaving. I have seen a few NSX's leave Phoenix lately. Welcome back and will let you know next time we meet at the Scottsdale Cars & Coffee.

Thanks and yes I see this a lot among previous NSX owners over the years. There is no car that drives like this one, so stop looking people:) Keep me posted would love to make it out soon.

I remember reading your story couple years ago.
Congrats on your purchase! Very Happy for you :)

Congrats John. Glad you were able to find a nice one so quickly. She looks great, sebring is one of my fav colors for the nsx. Hope to see you around at some meets.

I sold my 94 formula red 2 months back.. Sat patiently while stAring into an empty garage. A month later I got back into a berlinetta blk :D
These cars have some charm, ill tell you that

Congrats John. Glad you were able to find a nice one so quickly. She looks great, sebring is one of my fav colors for the nsx. Hope to see you around at some meets.

Thanks dude! Really excited to be back and in the color I have always wanted. Hope to see you soon!

I sold my 94 formula red 2 months back.. Sat patiently while stAring into an empty garage. A month later I got back into a berlinetta blk :D
These cars have some charm, ill tell you that

Man you didn't waste no time getting back lol. I really cant describe the feeling I get when I drive this car! Glad I returned.

Congrats buddy. Clean her up well and post more pictures up.

Thanks, I will be doing a full detail as soon as the weather cools down.

Congrats!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back