• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

I'm in San Diego, CA....who's here?

I arrived yesterday and was wondering who else was down here in this area or the surrounding area? I haven't seen any NSX's yet, and am hoping I'll spot one soon.

Happy Holidays

p.s. post on here because it's hard enough to check email
smile.gif

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

I'm here. Are you visiting? Or staying? What part of San Diego? There's a number of us in the Miramar/Mira Mesa/Sorrento Valley/Scripps Ranch/Del Mar area. (Sorry if I left anyone out.)

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

I'm visiting for a couple of weeks. I'm staying in Mira Mesa and have been driving around Miramar and up to Escondido for the past 2 days.

Does anyone know of any car shows or happenings that are happening soon? I'd like to go to an Import night or something like that before I leave in mid-January.

Jay, I'll give you a ring.

If you guys are up to getting together I'm there. Just let me know.

**by the way, have you guys been to that Christmas card lane in Rancho Penesquito(sp?)? I just got back from there, pretty neat place
smile.gif

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

[This message has been edited by Veleno (edited 26 December 2001).]

**by the way, have you guys been to that Christmas card lane in Rancho Penesquito(sp?)? I just got back from there, pretty neat place

I haven't been through there in a few years. I tried to get the kids to see it again, but wasn't sure if you still need to walk through it or if you could now drive through it.

BTW, private me if you want to hook up. I live near Mira Mesa just on the other side of I-15. But, I don't know if any HINs are coming up soon.

Oh, and this may be a dumb question, but you don't have your car with you, do you?

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Does anyone here know were the races happen in San Diego? Legal or illegal?

In L.A., everyone goes to Van Nuys between 1:00 A.M. and 3:00 A.M. (near the airport) Sundays or should I say, Monday morning, for illegal ones!!!

[This message has been edited by Poloman (edited 27 December 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Poloman (edited 27 December 2001).]

I don't hang out at the races (at least not since 1986), but I'm aware of them through what others have said, and reading about them in the papers. Among the places that I'm aware of are Kearny Villa Rd near 163 and I-15, and also places in Sorrento Valley. My understanding is that most of it occurs Saturday nights, but I'm not really sure about the times and locations, since the police has been cracking down as of late. Also, I see loads of cars cruising up and down Mira Mesa Blvd around those times, and also hanging out at various eating establishments along that street.

As for legal racing, I believe they do 1/8 mile drag racing down at Qualcomm Stadium.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Hello Richard, are you still planning to come up north and check out Performance Autoworx and my Turbo NSX?
There is an Import car show in Pamona, Saturday the 29th, I was going to be thier however it was raining to hard for me to drive my car 300 miles, then clean it for the show. Gerry.

Gerry,

I got your number and will give you a call after the weekend. I have some friends flying in for the weekend so I'll be busy until next week.

I found a flyer at Group5 Motorsports regarding the show in Pamona, and I'd love to check it out(even if it does start at 12pm), MAYBE I can convince my friends to take a ride up north since it ends at 7pm Saturday.

It would have been cool if your car was there!

I'll talk to you soon
smile.gif

Fury NSX,

Did I bring my NSX out here? NOPE! Although the thought of driving it on the freeways of CA did cross my mind more than once. I can only imagine how many miles I would have if I drove it out here.

Illegal drags at Qualcomm? wow, my sister works for them and tells me they have so many buildings down here so when I read your statement regarding the races I can understand how it'll be possible.

Have a great weekend everyone

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

Ooops, it's "legal" drag racing down at the stadium, not illegal. I think they set up stuff at the south end. I wouldn't know who to contact, but as far as I know, it's done on Friday nights.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

I am going to start shopping for an NSX next weekend..am in the San Diego area..looking for someone who knows a lot about the cars that may be interested in educating me about what to look for when looking for a used one (95 or 96 NSX-T) any help or advice appreciated! email me or post reply...thanks!

Back