• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I'm sooo excited and I just can't....

Awesome day!!!!!!

Went up to Summit Point this past Friday for a track day. My father went with me to watch, which was incredibly cool just by itself! When I started the day, I was in class 2i (intermediate with instructor) - a little foreshadowing for you.

I had done some minor mods to the car after my last track day (Carbotech Panther Plus pads, SS lines, Falken RT615s, test pipes, ARK exhaust, Type R spoiler). The tires and brakes were spectacular. I was a little rusty the first couple of laps, but my instructor was great. By the end of the day, I was going through areas of the track that I'd never been able to avoid using the brakes without touching them. I also was having an absolute blast in the car.

By the end of the day, two instructors signed me off to solo next time and in fact, I soloed the last few laps of my day and had a great time.

My father took some great pics (to follow later) and it was just really cool sharing this experience with him.

All that good stuff said, there were a disheartening number of negative events that occured. Some guy in group 1 (beginner) came out in a rented 350Z (none track version) and rolled it with his instructor in the car. Another group 1 guy bumped his newish m3 into the tire wall.

A really nice guy in a fully raced prepped old fox body mustang in Group 2 blew the engine he was breaking in. That was exciting because it happened 2-3 cars in front of me going 125+ on the straight and the mustang was spewing oil all over the track (on the line - don't think he knew what had happened until a few seconds later). About 2 turns ahead of us a Miata spun out into the sand(not cuz of the oil) and literally one turn ahead of him, an Impala demolished a dear (ironic, a dear crushing a dear - it is mating season!). That was freakin' disgusting. The run was black-flagged as you might imagine. Nevertheless, that was an incredible 30 seconds of track time.

Someone else in group 1 lost control of their car in turn 9 and had to get it towed out.

From that perspective, the day was far more eventul than it should have been!

Nonetheless, my pop and I had a great, though relatively chilly day at the track!

Last edited:
Some Pics:
IMG_1330.JPG

IMG_1344.JPG

IMG_1346.JPG

IMG_1348.JPG

The wrecked rental car...

Imagine bringing this back to the rental car company........
IMG_1336.JPG

Wow, that is an eventful, um, event.

Too bad for all the unfortunate souls involved in those altercations with the laws of physics, and really too bad for Bambi's mom. Hate to hear about things like that. At least the driver of the Impala fared better than Cristiano DiMatta, who as I understand it, is on the mend fairly well from his encounter with a deer at Road America a few months back.

glad to see that you're still moving forward w/ trackin..

so.. when are u going to come down to VIR? :biggrin: :wink:

x

Wow, looks like ALOT of fun. Makes me want to buy another NSX to track. Sucks for the other unfortunate mishaps. Hope the guy with the Z got the insurance...

May we ask you sponsored this event?

About the driver of the rented 350Z ,was he from the Washington, DC area do you know? Last year I had a student at VIR from that area ( ? maybe Potomac, MD ) who rented a 350Z and embellished his driving resume (to put it politely) on his application. Fortunately, he was only a student for one day because the rear brake pads wore down to bare metal by the end of the first day, scoring the hell out of the rotors. The 350Z was not preped or inspected prior to the event, of course - just rented off the lot.

So much for guys who fudge their driving experience on DE applications, lie about having their car tech inspected, try to deceive a car rental company and think they can drive ( at speed!! ) a totally unfamiliar car.

Last edited:
Gott- you GOTT to get down to VIR in '07. mazdadrivers.com should have an open event in March or so. Keep me posted. -DCNSX.

When you guys go down to VIR I want to go toO!!!! I did VIR Full for the first time Nov 20th, it was a blast!

Nice NSX, looks all too familiar!
Wait a second... isn't that my old R spoiler?!

Picture552.jpg

Picture558.jpg

I took these this past summer from the flag tower in turn 10. While we were on our lunch beak from karting, the BSR instructors on Shenandoah came over and ran a few laps. Wasn't his car either. Oops.

better that it was gravel.... than the tire wall beyond. duh-oh!

better that it was gravel.... than the tire wall beyond. duh-oh!

See... this is why I don't let other people drive my car.

DCNSX & VBNSX, I'm planning on treking down to VIR sometime this season. Should be fun!

Have y'all signed up for any events yet?

When you guys go down to VIR I want to go toO!!!! I did VIR Full for the first time Nov 20th, it was a blast!

Nice NSX, looks all too familiar!
Wait a second... isn't that my old R spoiler?!

Looks good on there, don't it?

Now I just have to get a WW front lip and get it, along with the WW side skirts I have sitting in my garage painted and installed! Then I gotta come up with something to do for the back of the car.

Anyway, we'll have to pick a date when all of us can head to VIR!

Back