• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ImportAlliance '08 Meet (Nashville July 26-27)

Hey Mike, guys,

If I can get my new project Integra up and going by then I would LOVE to join you guys. Hopefully things will swing my way...the planets will align.....and I'll get this thing finished by then. Would love to debut it on the track.

Hope you guys are having a great week,
Barney

I wont let you get your integra up and going by then. We will need to finish my car so I can get it tuned and running in time. :)

Does the group plan on having dinner somewhere Sat. night?

Yes, we are. I don't have all the info yet because someone else is taking care of that. I know it's a new restaurant and hopefully we will have a reserved parking area for the cars :wink: .

Hey comtec,
Sorry but I won't be able to make it to the dinner but i'll definitely make it to import alliance and maybe hot import nights. I have a family affair to attend to later that evening so I won't be able to make it to the dinner, sorry guys maybe next time.

-Anthony

I will be in contact with the restaurant "Wild Ginger" near Cool Springs Mall for our dinner reservation.

http://dinewildginger.com/

Once the date gets closer and we have a head count of how many people attending dinner/how many parking spots reserved, I will get with them for a final head count.

Last edited:
Hey PJ,
What's up?

Thanks for taking care of the restaurant for us.

Anthony,
No problem, PJ and i will eat your share :biggrin: .

I was in Nashville over the weekend and talked to a few folks attending this meet. Seems like some of them locals are not showing up until close to lunch time.

Question 1: When and where are we planning to all meet up before driving to the track ? I can come up with a few locations if needed where we can meet and gas up before driving to the track.

The track is approx 37 miles from downtown Nashville.

Question 2: Do we have a tent ? From previous experience, it can get pretty HOT. Those that got sunburned last year know what I mean :biggrin:

Hi PJ,

What are your ideas for question 1? I don't even know what hotel i will be in yet :redface: .

Mike

I was in Nashville over the weekend and talked to a few folks attending this meet. Seems like some of them locals are not showing up until close to lunch time.

Question 1: When and where are we planning to all meet up before driving to the track ? I can come up with a few locations if needed where we can meet and gas up before driving to the track.

The track is approx 37 miles from downtown Nashville.

Question 2: Do we have a tent ? From previous experience, it can get pretty HOT. Those that got sunburned last year know what I mean :biggrin:

Last edited:
Looks like it will be a good turn out. So far we have 14 NSX's on the list :cool: .

Any ideas for a meeting spot Saturday morning?

Until further notice I'm going to have to pull out.

I may or may not be in another car by then. The 26th is the absolute latest date for getting the new one, so it's up in the air, but I can't commit.

Jared

I have made hotel reservations already along with Comtec (Mike).

Anyone that is interested in staying at the same area please PM me or Comtec.

Since the day is getting closer. I need a final head count for the restaurant...

If you would like to join us for dinner, please let me know how many people will be attending and if you need to reserve a parking spot for the NSX too.

As far as Meeting place prior to the meet... since we have people coming from different areas, I would suggest a more centralized location. There's a good size Exxon Gas Station near the Adelphia Coliseum off HW 24 Exit 49 on Shelby Ave that might be ok. Let me know what you guys think.

Here's the address for google purposes :

227 SHELBY AVE
NASHVILLE, TN 37213-1307

CLICK HERE for Google map

Last edited:
I have made hotel reservations already along with Comtec (Mike).

Anyone that is interested in staying at the same area please PM me or Comtec.

Since the day is getting closer. I need a final head count for the restaurant...

If you would like to join us for dinner, please let me know how many people will be attending and if you need to reserve a parking spot for the NSX too.

As far as Meeting place prior to the meet... since we have people coming from different areas, I would suggest a more centralized location. There's a good size Exxon Gas Station near the Adelphia Coliseum off HW 24 Exit 49 on Shelby Ave that might be ok. Let me know what you guys think.

Here's the address for google purposes :

227 SHELBY AVE
NASHVILLE, TN 37213-1307

CLICK HERE for Google map

Is this dinner meeting after the Import Alliance or before?

Is this dinner meeting after the Import Alliance or before?

It will be Saturday after Import Alliance's first day. We haven't really talked times but my guess is around 6pm or 8pm.

Our preliminary plans

Saturday Morning
1.We will meet up and cruise into the Speedway together
2.Hang out at the Meet, checking out the cars, races and time trials.
3.Late afternoon we will cruise out together and attend Hot Import Nights.
4.We will have Dinner reservations (TBD)

Sunday Morning
1.We will meet up and cruise into the Speedway together
2.Hang out at the Meet, checking out the cars, races and time trials.
3.When we decide we will cruise out together.

So far we have 16 NSX's on the list.

1.comtec
2.fifthearth
3.HAYATO
4.mjnsx07
5.nathan
6.newguy
7.xASAPx
8.missnsx
9.TitaniumVtec
10.usafdarkhorse
11.jlsnyderNSX
12.ARFNSXTC
13.todddejag
14.GUNDAN323
15.onewheelriderzx9
16.nsxbaby
17.Mike O

Last edited:
The meet is next weekend. I need a head count for the restaurant guys.

If you are going to decide on the day of the meet, then I can't guarantee a parking spot and seating with the rest of the NSX group. I will be sending in the info by Tuesday.

The meet is next weekend. I need a head count for the restaurant guys.

If you are going to decide on the day of the meet, then I can't guarantee a parking spot and seating with the rest of the NSX group. I will be sending in the info by Tuesday.

My car is getting its new "kit" installed this week. So long as it is finished by Friday night, which it should be, then count me in. I will have a final answer for you by Thursday.

I'm planning on going on Saturday.

If everyone wants to meet at my house in Green Hills (zip 37215) and drive out together, that would be great.

I'll even provide donuts and coffee before the drive.

Mike

Although this doesn't really apply to me, since I'll be stopping by to visit at the raceway:

Fifthearth, I just thought I would remind you and to let others know that the Exxon by the Coliseum has some slight bumps to get into it. They aren't big but at stock ride height in my 240 I have to go in slow at a pretty good angle, so any of the NSX's may need to go pratically sideways, especially if you're lowered...

Due to a very recent personal injury, I will not be able to take the NSX to the show this weekend. The previous meet suggestion before the show will be cancelled. We will just meet at the track on Saturday morning.

Mike (comtec) will be at the show at 9am Saturday morning. If I am able to make it I will be there around 11am.

I've reserved a few parking spots at the Wild Ginger for dinner after the show, if you are interested in attending dinner, please let me know.

I need to be at the track by the start of the meet to secure our parking location. That means i will be meeting with the organizers at about 8am at the gate. If anyone would like to meet up and drive together that would be great. I will be leaving from the Franklin/Cool Springs Galleria area.

i will be coming from columbus ohio with my nsx. i have a question though. Do u have to preregister for hin nightshift or can we just roll in and register at gate? thanks

I need to be at the track by the start of the meet to secure our parking location. That means i will be meeting with the organizers at about 8am at the gate. If anyone would like to meet up and drive together that would be great. I will be leaving from the Franklin/Cool Springs Galleria area.

What do we need to tell the organizers when we show up to be able to park in the NSX designated area in the infield?

If I'm not a member of the NSXCA can I still park with you guys?

Mike

I don't know much about HIN but i think you would have to pre-register to get your car in the show. You can do it on-line here: Hot Import Nights. I was told that normally when you have your car in the show it has to "roll in" on Friday afternoon but if you are at Import Alliance you can "roll in" as late as Saturday 3-4pm. Not sure if thats true for the competition.

What do we need to tell the organizers when we show up to be able to park in the NSX designated area in the infield?

If I'm not a member of the NSXCA can I still park with you guys?

Mike

Yes you can,
The only requirement to park with us is to have a NSX. This is not a NSXCA organized meet even though a lot of us are members. I organized this as part of our Tennessee Meet . This is our 3rd NSX meet bringing Tennessee area owners together. We have also had people from Kentucky, Alabama, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida join us.

Just tell them NSX Club of America and if you have any problem call me on my cell.

Cheers
Mike

1.comtec
2.fifthearth
3.HAYATO
4.mjnsx07
5.nathan
6.newguy
7.xASAPx
8.missnsx
9.TitaniumVtec
10.usafdarkhorse
11.jlsnyderNSX
12.ARFNSXTC
13.todddejag
14.GUNDAN323
15.onewheelriderzx9
16.nsxbaby
17.Mike O
18.nsxinohio

Last edited:
Hey Comtec, request to get parking near the Tennspeed section, that way I don't have to walk as far to come visit. :biggrin:

Back