• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Importing a NSX from USA to Belgium : Help / advice needed !

Hello everyone… Well… how to begin…
I’ve been gathering BNIB NSX parts / access for quite a while now…
And time has come… to buy my unicorn : a 1998 NA2 Targa NSX !

I started looking seriously for a NSX about 3 months ago
( I’ve been browsing ads in Europe for about 3 years now…
But nothing was meeting my criteria’s )

As I was after a targa one… I decided to focus my researches on the USA !
( where only targa’s were produced from 1997 on if I’m correct… )
California being the biggest ‘nest’ of NSX’s on the planet !

And… That’s where I’ve finally found my unicorn last week : in Sacramento !

So I’m now trying to figure out how to have it imported to my place : Belgium !

I guess most of you know that feeling… That day you’ve finally found yours !

So, my questions are… Does anyone here had his NSX imported from USA ?
Which shipping company would you recommend ? Any tip on a safe way to pay
The seller without being scammed ?

I’m a complete rookie on that point… And any help / advice would be welcome guys !

Thanks in advance,

Regis ( near future NSX owner… hopefully ) ;)

Pay via an escrow service.

If you don't have a chance to fly over and see the car in person GOOD LUCK then. :)

It would be great to have a NA2 targa in Belgium :)
As far as I know you would be the only one.

I would try to find somebody who could do a pre purchase inspection on the car, or at least a member here who could take a look.
As for the payment/shipping, I'm sure the community here can recommend some good company's.

Last edited:
Sure, I was also thinking of paying via a third party / escrow service !!!

I'm currently in touch with a few persons in order to have the car inspected locally.
But the seller is answering all my questions, providing me all the requested photos... I'm also awaiting a video.
So I do already know exactly what needs to be done on the car.
I know the car suffered a light accident while parked, mileage is a bit over 100,000 Miles,
so I'll have the timing belt and water pump done... Clutch will probably need to be done also.

But that's no problem.

( BTW... if there are any prime members in the Sacramento area that could help, please let me know !!! Don't hesitate to PM me !!! ) :)

Pay via an escrow service.

If you don't have a chance to fly over and see the car in person GOOD LUCK then. :)

- - - Updated - - -

At the moment, I know 1 NA2 targa in Belgium ( a white one... ).
But I would really like the be the 2nd one !!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Cross your fingers for me... I hope to reach my goal !!!

Btw... Where are you from in Belgium ??? :smile:

It would be great to have a NA2 targa in Belgium :)
As far as I know you would be the only one.

I would try to find somebody who could do a pre purchase inspection on the car, or at least a member here who could take a look.
As for the payment/shipping, I'm sure the community here can recommend some good company's.

Last edited:
At the moment, I know 1 NA2 targa in Belgium ( a white one... ).
But I would really like the be the 2nd one !!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Cross your fingers for me... I hope to reach my goal !!!

Btw... Where are you from in Belgium ??? :smile:

Lol, I keep forgetting Eric's NSX is NA2! Let's just hope he doesn't read this :p
(sorry Eric) :D

I'm from around Hasselt. You? Dutch or French?

Are you sure about a targa? US models are 99% targas, purists prefer a coupe, also rare over here.

Oooh... yes ! I'm 200% sure I want a targa... I like driving in open air... Here in Europe, we do exactly have the contrary : 99% of NSX's here are coupe... A targa is like a unicorn here !!! :)

Are you sure about a targa? US models are 99% targas, purists prefer a coupe, also rare over here.

- - - Updated - - -

en... Ja !!! Eric heeft een NA2 !!! De enige ik ken in België !!!

Ik ben uit de strek van Namen ( franstalig dus... ) maar spreek ook een beetje nederlands !!!!! ;)

Lol, I keep forgetting Eric's NSX is NA2! Let's just hope he doesn't read this :p
(sorry Eric) :D

I'm from around Hasselt. You? Dutch or French?

en... Ja !!! Eric heeft een NA2 !!! De enige ik ken in België !!!

Ik ben uit de strek van Namen ( franstalig dus... ) maar spreek ook een beetje nederlands !!!!! ;)

Je vous souhaite tout le succès possible à l'importation de la NSX et je vais suivre le progrès. Check PM!

It's time for an official update : THERE WILL BE ANOTHER NA2 TARGA NSX in Belgium !!!

Hi everyone !

I remained silent for more than 4 months... and that was for a good reason : I've been working hard on solving everything and... Here we are !
Since yesterday ( and yes, this was also Ayrton Senna's birthday yesterday ! ), I'm officialy the lucky owner of a LHD 2000 NA2 Targa NSX !!!

And... No, I finally didn't by the 1998 one that I was very close to buy... The seller stopped responding... and, in the end, that allowed me to set a better deal ! :smile:

Instead of a 110,000 miles 1998 damaged Targa NSX, I ended up buying a 45,000 miles 2000 mint one ! This will finaly be a Spa Yellow 6 speed NA2 targa one ! ( Lucky me... I know, I know !!! ) :biggrin:
This new one is also located in California. So, I decided to start investigating about the car along with its owner. ( I want to thank him again for his patience and collaboration if he's reading this ).

I asked him to be my eyes... He sent me all the exact pictures of the car I aksed him. He took it to a Firestone alignment center to have the car checked and sent me the full report. ( car passed the test of course )
After being in touch with the seller for several weeks, we came to an agreement. It was then time to find a safe way for both of us to set the deal !

So I started to look for a company that would offer a full door-to-door service... That would offer a safe payment method ( escrow / third party service ) and that would take car of all the paperwork.

After comparing few companies... My choice was obvious... One company was really offering me a full service ! In a few words :

. They pick-up the car at the seller's place and... deliver it to my place ! ( yes : it's a full door-to-door service !!! )
. They take care of all the paperwork and all the customs procedures ( in California and in Belgium through their local agent in Antwerpen !!! )
. They offer optionnal full insurance ( which I took ) of the car from A to Z !
. Car is inspected and checked at the seller's place ( according to a checklist I've sent to them )
. They offer safe escrow service ( you pay the company and not the seller directly and the seller gets paid only after car inspection at the very moment of the pick-up of the car !!! ). Zero risk for both parties !!!
. You get picutres of the car at every stage of its transportation.
. Car is transported by sea in a shared container ( 4 cars in 1 container using the new secure R-Rak fastening system )

contact with this company is just great and very responsive !

I'm also posting today as... The car has been picked-up at the seller's place and has started its long trip to Belgium !

Delivery time from California to Belgium is 7-8 weeks !!!

I will keep you posted in the upcoming weeks all along the car's trip !

Thanks for reading and following my story !!! Any questions welcome !!!

Regis. :cool:

First pics of the car when picked-up at the seller's place :

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2120.jpg
    IMG_2120.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_2119.jpg
    IMG_2119.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
Thanks !!!!!! :smile:

Well... with the 100's of pics I got... There's not a single spot of the car that I didn't see ! I have full carfax history... Maintenance invoices, clutch replacement invoice from SoS... Wheel alignment report... it's a 2 owners car...

Only thing that needs to be done is the timing belt ! It's still the factory one so it's 16 years old ! Will do it immediately... Even if I come across things that needs to be fixed... I don't really mind as I'm working for a former Honda / Acura NSX Authorized dealership... We have workshop and bodyshop with NSX specialized mechanics so... and I intended to refurbish the car from A to Z anyway... :wink:

Glad you did it, I hope you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
wow congratulations on buying a car from another continent!....what was the name of this soup to nuts import/export company...could be a good resource for others looking to do what you did.

Next step !!! The NSX is at the shipping company's warehouse... Ready to be loaded in the container !!! :)

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2016-03-22 09.12.48.jpg
    2016-03-22 09.12.48.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 313
  • 2016-03-22 09.12.52.jpg
    2016-03-22 09.12.52.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 314
  • 2016-03-22 09.13.03.jpg
    2016-03-22 09.13.03.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 314
  • 2016-03-22 09.13.12.jpg
    2016-03-22 09.13.12.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 310
Hey,

How did this story ends? I'm also from Belgium and want to buy a NSX this year.

The story ends... like a fairy tale !!! The NSX is here with me for 8 months now... Car is street approved ( process takes 3 to 6 months ). Car is in great conditions and is being fully serviced at the moment !

What year / version of NSX are you looking for ??? I will be happy to help !!! :smile: Where are you from in Belgium ??? Frans of nederlands ??? :wink:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4346-2-40.jpg
    IMG_4346-2-40.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 262
Glad to hear you're happy ;-)
If i decide to buy a car in usa i'll love to have help!
I like the +02 model the most but they are above my budget :-(
Any nsx in good condition can be a car that i would buy ;-)

I'm from Wellen near Hasselt so i speak dutch and understand French :biggrin:

The story ends... like a fairy tale !!! The NSX is here with me for 8 months now... Car is street approved ( process takes 3 to 6 months ). Car is in great conditions and is being fully serviced at the moment !

What year / version of NSX are you looking for ??? I will be happy to help !!! :smile: Where are you from in Belgium ??? Frans of nederlands ??? :wink:

attachment.php
Very nice car by the way!!!
Like you said, we live in the most stupid country if you like to tune or modify your car. Nothing is allowed, not even better brakes or what so else...

Very nice car by the way!!!
Like you said, we live in the most stupid country if you like to tune or modify your car. Nothing is allowed, not even better brakes or what so else...

Thanks ! :smile: Well, I already started to modify the car ( in the limits of what's allowed here... :mad: ). Don't hesitate to contact me by PM with more details on what you're looking for... I can really help ! :wink:

Hi guys,
As you are from Belgium, let me tell you that I will be attending a track day meeting at Spa Francorchamps on the 30 th of May.
Let me know if you would be coming?
I'll take you for a ride if you come!

Last edited:
I'll love to have a ride at Francochamps! ;-)
Hi guys,
As you are from Belgium, let me tell you that I will be attending a track day meeting at Spa Francorchamps on the 30 th of May.
Let me know if you would be coming?
I'll take you for a ride if you come!

What modifys are you planned to do?

oh... here is a short list of what I'm going to add / modify... :smile:

KW V3's coilovers
18 & 19 Work Meister S1 wheels
Double DIN Kenwood stereo
S-2000 Push start button
Tommy Kaira side skirts
Short antenna conversion
JDM Navpod installation integrating an iPad Mini 2 for navigation
flat bottom steering whell
heated seats
rear NSX-R spoiler
Pride V2 muffler
adding front fog lights
2002 NSX-R rear tail lights
RFY engine management
2002 NSX-R gauge clusters conversion

Stereo in the car came modified from the previous owner... Kenwood head unit and amplifier, Focal Utopia speakers and 10" passenger woofer box !

This is all for now ! :cool:

Back