• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Imports Gathering... w/ a 2004 NSX-R

Osiris_x11

Gold Member, Moderator: Marketplace
hmmm... I had the chance to attend an imports sportscars gathering in Greater London. There were 5 NSX'es in all, amongst which one was the fabled NSX-R (2004). I was just speechless... :cool:

http://www.japmobiles.com/japukmeets/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4274

I have made a post in the NSX Club of Britain site.
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=416&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:48 pm Post subject: yea... NSX-R, the real deal!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmmm... Today I felt like I was home, meaning back in America! Why? I FINALLY saw a NSX! Make that 5, hehe... And not just any 5 NSX'es, but my fav' combinations or models:

- Hockenheim Green Pearl NSX-T {ie. Brooklands Green Pearl} w/ tan interior (pure class! *cough* Bentley *cough* )

- Daytona Yellow Pearl NSX coupe {ie. Spa Yellow} AND a black canopy... (talk about keepin' it R-E-A-L...! ) & onyx interior, w/ Dali-CF Mugen replica rear wing!

- Magnum Grey Pearl NSX-T w/ onyx interior (my favorite of favorite combo's... S-T-E-A-L-T-H...! )

- Formula Red NSX coupe w/ onyx interior (ultimate combo' for a true sportscar! )

AND (drumroll!)

- Platinum White Pearl 2004 NSX-R w/ red interior (S-P-E-E-C-H-L-E-S-S! )

Also worth noting... :biggrin:

ALL the NSX'es today had OEM wheels (16/17 seven-spokers w/ different finishes, while the NSX-R had the OEM 17/17's w/ the white finish). In the 'States, 3 of the 4 NSX'es would have had aftermarket wheels.

NONE of the NSX'es today had been lowered/'slammed' w/ aftermarket springs/shocks. Stateside, lowering springs or track-tuned suspension is usually the next mod. following aftermarket wheels.

I'd like to personally thank Brown Bear for personally getting in touch w/ me and then going out of his way to pick me up in my humble abode in Essex, giving me ride over & back!

(I had been w/o the roar of vtec above 5,000 rpm's for nearly 3 1/2 months!?! Looking fwd to meeting all of you at 8,000rpm's soon... )

Pics from the NSXCB site (courtesy of BrownBear/Joe)... :tongue:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=472

:smile:

Last edited:
That NSX-R appears to be a factory car. Unless I am wrong, the front license plate has 'HONDA' written on it in small letters. That and the fact that the car has no floor mats....usually those factory beaters do not have the mats. :(

yes, London! pics url, again?!? yes, factory car!

hmmm... It was a fabulous gathering! With many dozens of MKIV Supra's, R32-R34's, RX7's, MR2's around at any given time, the NSX'es were the ones w/ all eyes on them!

NsXMas, I'm in London for some medical electives & wanted some international experience (excuse to travel too!). Way cool that you were also in London! I look fwd to big pimpin' w/ you and Phoenix at NSXPO! :biggrin: About london, One gets a bit jaded after living here... I often count more 911's than Accords & Ferrari's are in the same quantity here as Corvettes are in America (or so it seems)... :eek: Sad to say, I still haven't seen an Enzo yet in person. I've seen all/most of the other uber-supercars on a somewhat regular basis... Mclaren_F1, Pagani's Zonda, Koennigsegg, Ford GT, Ferrari's F40 & F50 & F430 & Scaglietti, Diablo & Mucielago, Bugatti EB, Alpina Z8's, Roll's Phantom, Maybach, Aston Martin Vanquish, CL65AMG, TVR's Tuscan & Chimaera & Cerbera, Lotus Esprit, Maserati's Quattropole, and others! :cool:

NetViper, a breakdown in the matrix code /redundancy :confused:

Meeyatch1, the 2004 NSX-R was a press car and spec'd out for the U.K. market all before Honda decided to pull the plug. The owner, A well-heeled individual who apparently had some push/pull and was at the right place at the right time w/ a good amount Sterling £; lastly- he was willing to overlook that Honda would never honor the car's warranty or even service it all, whatsoever (I believe a legal disclaimer was signed). :redface:

Re: yes, London! pics url, again?!? yes, factory car!

Osiris_x11 said:
NetViper, a breakdown in the matrix code /redundancy :confused:

I am pretty sure you added that link as it was not there the first time I read your post..... but, I could be wrong.

atomic? yea, da clock... =)

NetViper said:
I am pretty sure you added that link as it was not there the first time I read your post..... but, I could be wrong.

hmmm... It's ok. However I did have the link up about 4-5hrs prior to your initial comment... :smile:

- Today, 04:27 (Start of thread by Osiris_x11)

- Last edited by Osiris_x11 : Today at 04:41. (I edited typos/ grammar/ fonts/ colors/ etc)

- Today, 09:41 (NetViper's initial comment)

Need to put an asterik (*) next to your post count, muawahaha!!! :biggrin:

So is that NSX-R the only one in the UK? I don't now much about the nsx-r but didn't they build it in limited numbers in japan only? Why didn't it make it to the UK? I thought their market was the exact same one that japan has, in terms of what side the steering wheel is on and so forth. Anyone know more info on that car? If it is really the only one ever in the UK that's gotta be worth a fortune, warranty or not! Cool story behind it though.

Re: atomic? yea, da clock... =)

Osiris_x11 said:
hmmm... It's ok. However I did have the link up about 4-5hrs prior to your initial comment... :smile:

I guess I missed it. Oh well! Maybe I just thought the pix were so good they needed a double post!

Osiris_x11 said:

Also worth noting... :biggrin:

ALL the NSX'es today had OEM wheels (16/17 seven-spokers w/ different finishes, while the NSX-R had the OEM 17/17's w/ the white finish). In the 'States, 3 of the 4 NSX'es would have had aftermarket wheels.
:smile:

Duh...

In the UK, NSX owners can't afford to buy aftermarket wheels AND pay for everyone else's healthcare at the same time.

Absolutely awesome. In the picture of you in NSX-R, your facial expression says it all. BrownBear’s caption is right on: “Looks like he's waiting for the owner to look the other way.” :biggrin:

Meeyatch1 said:
That NSX-R appears to be a factory car. Unless I am wrong, the front license plate has 'HONDA' written on it in small letters. That and the fact that the car has no floor mats....usually those factory beaters do not have the mats. :(

Sorry - it doesn't mean that it's a factory car- it just means it was bought from a Honda Dealer - Chiswick Honda, in this case. EG: if you look at boxhill12.jpg, that NSX also has 'Honda' written on the plates. It's very common for dealers to remake plates with their own logos on them - free advertising!

But the car was a press demonstrator before being sold, under duress, to the current owner - so depending on you're point of view, it could be seen as a 'beater' - still wouldn't mind it though :)

dnyhof said:
So is that NSX-R the only one in the UK?
Yes, it's the only one here AFAIK - they brought it over, 'Type-Approved' it and then decided not to sell it :(

dnyhof said:
I don't now much about the nsx-r but didn't they build it in limited numbers in japan only? Why didn't it make it to the UK? I thought their market was the exact same one that japan has, in terms of what side the steering wheel is on and so forth. Anyone know more info on that car? If it is really the only one ever in the UK that's gotta be worth a fortune, warranty or not! Cool story behind it though.

The bean-counters thought they couldn't sell enough to warrant the expense - so it got canned. The 'story' about the warranty (which I posted on another thread and then told to Osiris) turns out to be just that - A story. The car has the normal Honda 3 Year Warranty - it's just that parts could be a problem... And yes, it is worth a bit.

slashmatt said:
In the UK, NSX owners can't afford to buy aftermarket wheels AND pay for everyone else's healthcare at the same time.

TRUE!

Ojas said:
Absolutely awesome. In the picture of you in NSX-R, your facial expression says it all. BrownBear’s caption is right on: “Looks like he's waiting for the owner to look the other way.” :biggrin:

Ah yes, he looked a bit shifty ;) When I get the chance, I'll post the hires versions (and some others not posted on the thread) into the gallery for you all.

Cheers

Last edited:
BrownBear, did he take any of you out for a spin in it? I would have asked him but didn't get a chance as he was hounded by you guys! :tongue:

I wouldn't be surprised - :wink:

In all honesty, I have to say that the owner was a star :cool: - letting people sit in his car, helpful to explain what the process was, what had happened and willing to let us pore over the car in detail -Top Bloke.

I doubt I'd have been as gregarious if it was mine!

Yeah true that especially how he just left you Hyenas (can't spell!) drooling all over his car and while he was elsewhere looking at other cars! :eek: I could have driven it home by the time he realises it was gone :eek: . He probably owns a whole host of other exotics...so its probably 'just another car' for him.

wuat?

Meeyatch1 said:

hmmm... Maybe I didn't have enough white-wine vineger this morning w/ lecitin to properly form acetyl-choline in my noggin', but I can't make sense of your comment at all :confused:

Yes, it's a NSX-R... But it was meant for UK sales, therefore need the crashtests/airbags, etc. And yes, it wasn't spartan as it's Japanese counterpart as it has a/c, stereo/cd, etc... What's the significance of bein' UK 'ready'? (don't know the term, for us it's D.O.T. crash/approved as per the 959 in past) There aren't hurdles to prevent one from importing one to the UK from Japan, and being RHD- another compromise averted! BrownBear was the one who offered the insight to moi'! :cool:

oh yea... Bein' in the company of the NSX-R, I felt like I was w/ a rock-star (in a groupie way)...!?!
:biggrin:

i beleive jenson button was the first owner of a real nsx-r about 1.5 years ago. so wouldn't this nsx-r be the 2nd one?

Magic HP box?

What’s this black cube thing? I don’t see it in pictures of other NSX-Rs. Maybe it’s for the A/C system that’s on this one.

Attachments

• nsxr5.jpg
    nsxr5.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 455
It's a special box that all NSXs have in the UK. It makes our cars more powerful and go faster than any other countries cars.

We try to keep it a secret, as we figure it will upset other owners in other countries. Unfortunately this photo got published and now the secret is out.

I thought the new NSX-Rs had white headlight bezels. It looks like the one in the photo is silver?

j14nsx said:
It's a special box that all NSXs have in the UK. It makes our cars more powerful and go faster than any other countries cars.

We try to keep it a secret, as we figure it will upset other owners in other countries. Unfortunately this photo got published and now the secret is out.

Is that a NavTrak?

The "secret" is that it lowers your car insurance.

Thank you "EVO" magazine.

Back