• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Indianapolis Exotics Run V - Sat, Sept 15

its on 96th street right off of I69 on the Indy/Fishers boarder

anyone can come if they want, just behave
the old grayhairs at the airport can be dicks

and look out for planes!!! Ive almost been chopped in half before!!!

My car is currently down with bad O2 sensors and the clutch master cylinder went out...not sure if I will be back in shape for this run. :frown:

Since I haven't heard back for a few days, just to be safe I'm going to say definitely that we'll be meeting at Red Bridge Park in Cicero.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8...16512&spn=0.018374,0.036178&z=15&iwloc=A&om=1
http://www.ciceroin.org/redbridge.htm

We don't have time to stop at the airport during the cruise - but I think Dan and I will be taking pictures there Before the cruise (at around 9 am) so if you want to join for that... I'm not sure exactly where this is so I'll let Dan fill in the details.

I just saw how far away this is on Mapquest. I am not getting up at 5am to make it in time! Let's firm up a meeting place for the Louisville guys. What do you suggest Webby? I am thinking late morning since it takes me two hours to get to Indy.

Isn't 9 a bit late to show up at the airport to take pics if we're all meeting at the Park at 10? I know they're not super far apart (maybe 25 min?), but that doesn't leave a lot of time to get pictures does it?

Update: My O2 sensors arrived yesterday, but I still have not received my clutch master cylinder, pin, or other minor parts to actually make the car drivable yet. :(

Isn't 9 a bit late to show up at the airport to take pics if we're all meeting at the Park at 10? I know they're not super far apart (maybe 25 min?), but that doesn't leave a lot of time to get pictures does it?
We're not leaving the park until 11, so we can get there as late as 10:30 or even later. Should be at least an hour to take pictures at the airport.

fourringpilot, I think the only ones coming from Louisville are the NSXs so you guys can pick somewhere to meet beforehand. But you could just meet us at the restaurant or gas station. I think the gas station is on the south side of Indianapolis and we're meeting there at noon so you could probably wake up at 8 and meet us there? I don't know the area very well so I can't help much more than that.:frown:

I just saw how far away this is on Mapquest. I am not getting up at 5am to make it in time! Let's firm up a meeting place for the Louisville guys. What do you suggest Webby? I am thinking late morning since it takes me two hours to get to Indy.

its takes you two hours to get to Indy???
are you driving a Yugo or something?!?!?

wake ur ass up and push the gas a lil harder :)

looks like the Diablo may be able to make it after all
but no Murci makes me sad :(

YES!!!! I'm not sure if the Murci is coming or not. We probably won't know until we get to the restaurant. Same with the red Gallardo
Do you have an open seat or is bobert riding with you again?

nobody has called shotgun yet,sooooo......

but if you ride along, Im gonna have one pissed off Stitch to break the news to, unless he can sit on your lap :cool:

SHOTGUN :D
Since Rick's not coming my ride choices are pretty limited ... I'll see if anybody else has a seat though. My roommate is coming and he'll need a ride too

SHOTGUN :D
Since Rick's not coming my ride choices are pretty limited ... I'll see if anybody else has a seat though. My roommate is coming and he'll need a ride too

Man....you are taking your life into your own hands with this one. :cool:

Man....you are taking your life into your own hands with this one. :cool:

this coming from the nut that keeps up with a Diablo in a 91 Integra rollin with a flammin moo moo cow ;)

thats right! :biggrin:

fear the hello kitty buick!!:cool:

Hey Webby! Do you have a meeting place for Louisville guys or are we all meeting in Cicero? I am fine either way.

Hey Webby! Do you have a meeting place for Louisville guys or are we all meeting in Cicero? I am fine either way.

We're stopping in three places, so whichever one is easiest for you. I think the gas station would be best for Louisville people unless you want to drive all the way to Cicero :D

Updated September 8

September 15th Cruise Final Details:

We'll be stopping in 3 different places to allow for people from different areas:

The first will be in Cicero, IN at Red Bridge Park. We'll arrive here at ~10:30 and depart at 11.
Map and address:
http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8...16512&spn=0.018374,0.036178&z=15&iwloc=A&om=1

The second will be at the Marathon gas station on I-65 right at exit 68. That's the exit with the big red arches on the overpass; Marathon is on the west side of the interstate. Arrive at noon and depart at 12:30.

The third stop will be for lunch at the Story Inn - http://www.storyinn.com/
They'll be preparing something special for us. Arrive for lunch at about 1-1:30 and stay there for at least an hour.

After lunch is the longest part of the drive through the twisties in Brown County. To quote Bill:
I mapped a route today and checked the mileage. If everybody wants a long loop, this one was right at 100 miles from Marathon, 46 and 135 to Story, go south past Freetown, 58 west over 446 and to Lake Monroe (good photo ops maybe there), then St Rd 45 back from Bloomington to Beanblossom, then 135 to Nashville, then back to the noon rendezvous exit and Columbus. It is a good route with tight twisties, long sweepers, good asphalt, scenic terrain. If that is too long, I can easily modify this loop into a smaller track.

After that at around 4:30-5:00 we'll be crashing a car show in downtown Columbus, IN. I believe it has a $10 registration fee ... we'll probably stay there a couple hours although I'm sure a lot of people will just go home.

since you know the route and have shotgun, can I be the lead/pace car :)

It looks like the odds of my car making this drive are slim. While reassembling the brake master cylinder and one of the lines, there was some minor cross threading involved. I have no time to fix this until Thursday at the earliest, and do not have the tools to do it anyway. So, unless some miracle happens, my car looks like it is garage bound for a while. :(

Thanks for the directions and organizing this event Webby! I look froward to seeing everyone at the Marathon at noon.
BTW - If Dan is the pacing this event how will any of us keep up?:tongue:

since you know the route and have shotgun, can I be the lead/pace car :)
I think you'd end up in front either way :D Actually I don't know the route very well... I quoted Bill but I don't really know what he's talking about ... which is why I quoted him :tongue: He's going to hand out directions at the gas station

Don't you really mean, how will any of you survive? :cool:
haha :biggrin: I thought you had 3 or 4 sports cars, are all of them broken?

I think you'd end up in front either way :D Actually I don't know the route very well... I quoted Bill but I don't really know what he's talking about ... which is why I quoted him :tongue: He's going to hand out directions at the gas station

haha :biggrin: I thought you had 3 or 4 sports cars, are all of them broken?

Yes, I do. The white NSX is my favorite, and it is down. The black NSX is an automatic, and I loaned it to my brother anyway, so that is that. The S2000 will be with my wife. So, here I am. All the more reason to buy an F355. I need another car. :wink: :cool: :biggrin: :tongue:

Yes, I do. The white NSX is my favorite, and it is down. The black NSX is an automatic, and I loaned it to my brother anyway, so that is that. The S2000 will be with my wife. So, here I am. All the more reason to buy an F355. I need another car. :wink: :cool: :biggrin: :tongue:

get out in the garage!! :tongue:

when you get the 355 you'll be out there every night under the car anyways, so get used to it :D:wink:

wanna borrow my Buick?? :)

Don't you really mean, how will any of you survive? :cool:

LOL - I'm replacing my driver side mirror w/ one from a Crown Vic so I can see where Dan is at all times.:biggrin: Will the Diablo be all right on those tight roads in Brown Co?

You should definitely get an F355!:cool:

LOL - I'm replacing my driver side mirror w/ one from a Crown Vic so I can see where Dan is at all times.:biggrin: Will the Diablo be all right on those tight roads in Brown Co?

ive survived before :)
whats real fun is from BC to Bloomington!! 120+ easy!!
they have dotted yellow lines in the middle of turns there!!!

but the verdict is out on if the Diablo will have the power stearing leak fixed in time :(:mad:

ive survived before :)
whats real fun is from BC to Bloomington!! 120+ easy!!
they have dotted yellow lines in the middle of turns there!!!

but the verdict is out on if the Diablo will have the power stearing leak fixed in time :(:mad:

When the heck did the power steering start leaking? I just drove that car back from the shop last weekend and it was fine. :confused:

Back