• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Indy 500 Picks

Re: The only sure thing

Here's what you can count on, as aptly described by the AutoExtremist:

It's too bad Dixon's brilliant performance was overshadowed by the stick-and-ball media's infatuation with Danica Mania, and her dust-up with Ryan Briscoe while exiting the pits. Danica storming down the pit lane was the main feature of every national newscast that mentioned the race. Yes, she does get coverage and it's great for the sport, but Dixon deserved better for his (and his team's) superb effort.
"Stick and Ball media" .......Got that right !!! :frown:

Re: The only sure thing

Here's what you can count on, as aptly described by the AutoExtremist:

"Stick and Ball media" .......Got that right !!! :frown:

I blame Nike and the NBA.

But to parapharse PT Barnum, any publicity is better than no publicity. Bernie Ecclestone and Bill France Sr figured that out years ago.

The race was pretty good what ABC showed of it when they weren't focussed on Patrick or in commercial.

Miner

Re: Ovals still suck

but at least the broadcast is tolerable. And I never thought I'd say this, but even Jack Arute (aside from the obligatory "describe the emotion" lame lead question) has come a long ways and doesn't make me throw up anymore. :eek: And a couple of the CC teams are showing some fire.

Yeah, I think AOW might (just might) be on the mend !!!! :cool:

Back