• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Info on NSX for sale in Austin? (JH4NA1150MT002451)

Anyone have information on JH4NA1150MT002451? It's currently for sale at David McDavid Acura. They're asking $21k for it.

I went and checked it out on Sunday, and it needs some love. It's been sitting for a while I think because there are cobwebs all inside the engine bay. It looks like there are leaks too. There's a ding in the driver-side rear panel. The black top has some scuffing and there's a faded patch on the passenger-side pillar.

The interior leather is actually in pretty good shape, but the center console has been butchered and a horrible looking Pioneer half-ass put in. It also has the ancient NSX car phone in the console which made me laugh.

The CARFAX shows no accidents but does show a very small odometer rollback.

Has anyone else been to see it? Is it worth the money they're asking? How much would it cost to bring it back to glory?

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/acura-nsx-cars410333854

Last edited:
i can tell you its been in austin alll its life and its a 1 owner car with no accidents on file ... i honestly thought about buying but i have no room at the moment esp since i just bought a nsx. but 20k is cheapppp for stock nsx :biggrin:

what kinda leaks are there btw

Not exactly sure, but when I took a quick look underneath I could see what looked like oil on the bottom of the engine.

I'm tempted to go back out there tomorrow and take a much closer look at it, but I'm not exactly sure what the major things to look out for are. Of course you look for accident history (which it's good on), belts (the ones I could see looked good), mileage, leaks, etc. When I asked the salesman about the snap ring, he said he didn't know what that was, so I guess I'd need to find where the car was serviced and ask them.

Oh yeah, the A/C wasn't cooling properly when I was there on Sunday, and as far as I was told the GM was only going to repair the A/C and sell it as is for the $21k. I'd love to get it if it's really worth that price and keep the car in Austin, but I also don't want to get a lemon or money pit either.

I'm heading back later today to get a closer look at it. If anyone can point out red flags to look for that'd be great.

Thanks for the link. Lots of stuff to look out for.

Just got a call back from the dealership. They are definitely only going to fix the A/C at this point. They said their mechanic says the engine and transmission are good and have no leaks, but the timing belt will need to be replaced soon. ABS is also needing attention. That's a few thousand in repairs it needs already not counting body and interior work it'll need as well.

He says the GM isn't budging on the price despite these needed repairs. I'm thinking I'm going to pass on it if he's not willing to budge at all.

I imagine someone will probably scoop it up anyway and do the repairs. I'm not that flexible at the moment.

Back