• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Install CD changer in 92 NSX???

I have a 1992 Nsx with stock stereo and the head unit went out, so i decided to get a used one and figured i might as well put a stock cd changer in as well.. Anyone have any ideas, is it a pain to do?? Im not even sure about were to mount CD changer? Were would i run thw wires?? Or would it be best to just do away with the cd changer, my car never had one before.

Thanks John

NSX's are pre-wired for a CD changer. The cable connection is in the trunk (behind the carpet) Behind the drivers head. You will need an alpine CD changer (search prime for the ones that work). You can set it on the drivers side of the trunk, or get a cable extension and run it over to the passengers side, buy the factory mounting kit and bolt it up. There are many helpfull threads here so just search for more info.....or you can go nuts and upgrade everything...

Hi John, This post probably belongs in the Electronics Forum, but oh well...here goes. :wink:

I think the trend now is to install the USA Spec I-pod Adapter (PA11-HON) available on Amazon. You can have 5 playlists with as many songs as you want on your I-Pod and select them on your factory deck. You have to pull your center console and there are DIY writeups on the Electronics Forum. Its not that difficult. Just spend time doing some research.

BTW most CD Changers are located in the trunk as they were a factory option.

The CD-changer is outdated - a USA-Spec adapter is the way to go. The CD-changer gives you six CDs worth of music in your trunk - connect an iPod to your oem car stereo with the USA-Spec PA11-HON and you could have 1000 CDs worth of music in your glovebox and control it from the oem head unit. Or use the USA-Spec DF-HON and you could connect your cell phone that plays music and also add satellite radio.

Using one of the USA-Spec adapters you can connect any two electronic devices to your oem car stereo.

Here is a link to my installation. If you can replace your oem head unit you could easily do this installation. It is so easy that even I can do it. Everything just plugs into everything else for the most part - just connect everything together and fire it up. Note that my installation specifically requires using an iPod on one input, but you could switch the satellite radio with just about anything. Select the USA-Spec DF-HON for your installation and you could connect any two electronic sound devices.

I have OEM head unit and CD changer from my 05. If you or anyone wants to purchase it, please let me know.
All in great working condition.

Just to add a note for the digital movement, If you are listening to mp3's in your car and you have a decent system (not oem nsx) you are missing out on a lot. Try using a lossless , no compression or high bitrate at the least on whatever you are using. Even to non audiophiles I recently put just a sub with a nicely matched amp in my friends xB. We set levels to match factory system, days later she noticed on some of her digital music the low end was muddy, but on cd or better quality rips she said they sounded awesome . This is the same with the high range but she had stock midrange and tweets and couldn't tell.

Btw I'm selling a CD Changer mount for HTN's player :biggrin:

Back