• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

installed the aem x-wifi

So the xwifi allows you to see your air fuel over a wifi network on your phone. I decided to get it because my a/f looked very lean when we ran it on the dyno sniffing from the exhaust pipes. It was like 13 at 5k rpm. Not good.

So i just hooked it up and went for a few hard runs. It works great. I was 11.2 to 11.5 at 5k. At 8k it was 12.8 which is higher than i would like but better than the 13.9 on the dyno. It stays in the 11.8-12.2 range through most on the high rpm only leaning out at the top.

It is a good alternative for those who want to check on af without gauges in the car.

I will redyno the car when mase gets it fixed and report on the numbers.

I have been seriously looking into this. Can you please give some detail on what is needed and the costs? Outside of a boost gauge, I will be flying blind. :redface:

Hi Dave! Good to see you got this thing installed. Any problems with the installation or was it as easy as you hoped?

No problems with the install, but it doesnt work out of the box with my blackberry or droid because these phones do not support an ad hoc wifi connection. There is a different way you have to set up the phone. Very annoying.

So if you have an iphone its simple.

I have it hooked up right now to the fusebox by the drivers foot but i am going to finish it on the firewall.

I have been seriously looking into this. Can you please give some detail on what is needed and the costs? Outside of a boost gauge, I will be flying blind. :redface:

$299 for the unit. $30 to get the bung welded. Peace of mind under boost... priceless.:biggrin:

No problems with the install, but it doesnt work out of the box with my blackberry or droid because these phones do not support an ad hoc wifi connection. There is a different way you have to set up the phone. Very annoying.

This is why I haven't gone this route yet. It sounded like you needed to add a router to the setup. ?????? How did you get around this?

This is why I haven't gone this route yet. It sounded like you needed to add a router to the setup. ?????? How did you get around this?

I havent done it yet. It should be simple. Will keep you posted.

fyi you just use your wifi router to configure it. you dont need it after that....or at least i hope ..

Last edited:
Just spent 30 minute trying to get this to work with my storm 2. I gave up. Total crap instructions. I cant understand why we have to use Hypertermal... which isnt even in windows anymore.

Going to call tech support.

If I do actually have to have a router in my car, I will return it.

They should say for use the IPHONE only....

Last edited:
Update.

Talked to AEM support and unless you have an iPhone you HAVE TO have a wireless router installed in your car if you want this to work. What a horrible idea.

So I will be retunring this product. I am extremely dissapointed.

I also told him to put in BIG BOLD letters on their site what is required if you have a droid or BB phone insead of a tiny * that says "standard router required". What does that even mean? Does it mean you need a router to hook it up? Run it? What? Very poor and very dissapointed in AEM.

So my advices is do not get this product unless you have an iphone.

Thought so. This is why AEM needs their own form of CAMP.

There is one it just is not made by AEM, the DrewTech DashDaq will talk directly to OBD2 cars or to an AEM ECU and allow for view and log of all data from either or both sources at the same time. Anyone running a MLS AEM ECU in an OBD2 Car would be able to see both ECU's data streams on a single display. OBD1 user will see all of the available AEM data streams. OBD2 and FIC users will see all the OBD2 data and at least 2 additional analog inputs plus many more options for data in and out.

http://www.dashdaq.com/specs/addons.htm

Dave

Nice unit, but it looks like they force you to use their screen. Great for plug-n-play, but not for those of us who want a clean looking install.

Jegs is taking it back no problem, so I am happy about that.

I had a thought, but not sure if it would work. Those with droid phones and the ability to create a wifi-hotspot might be able to get it to work that way, but there is nothing about it online.

Anyway, i would just avoid this product unless you have an iphone.

Attachments

• P1030428.jpg
    P1030428.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 205
NetSki, are you running Catz?
Maybe thats why you got those A/F readings on the dyno.
Those Catz clean things up nicely and throw you out!
Trev

NetSki, are you running Catz?
Maybe thats why you got those A/F readings on the dyno.
Those Catz clean things up nicely and throw you out!
Trev

Yes, I do have cats. The tuner said it shouldn't really be off by more than a couple points. I have no idea, but I am happy to have a wideband now regardless.

Points of what, that guys a moron.
lol
Just kidding and trying to act tough.
Enjoy the car and the day.
Trev

Back