• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Intercooled CSTC?

Lets say, since winter is around the corner, if ambient is in the mid 40's, what's going to happen with your afr's? With those drops in ait's, noticeable gains in hp will be seen. For fic and ems users no problems, adjust here and there. How will it be with RRFPR?
I'm still curious to find out.

I'll get the ball rolling.
600 cfm(ft cu/min) x .0723 lb/ft cu of air a 0' elev. & 90 deg f is 43.38 lbs of air
600 cfm(ft cu/min) x .0795 lb/ft cu of air at 0' elev. & 40 deg f is 47.7 lbs of air
600 cfm(ft cu/min) x .0864 lb/ft cu of air at 0' elev. & 0 deg f is 51.84 lbs of air
So that is going into your throttle body and into the supercharger.
We know the supercharge compresses the air and produces heat and heats up the air. The whipple gets hotter the autorotor no so much so, but still lost of heat gain. To what point of temp rise at what point in your cars cycle is always a variable. Then you have heat soak of the SC and so on.
Then we have to look at how much this cooler cools that said temp and does it do it consistantly.
Yikes, you can see its a whole can of worms.
So I guess a guy tunes for the worst case scenario or makes small adjustments to his RRFPR like I do as the seasons change.
Its all part of the fun I say!!!
Trev

Back