• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interested in Body Work Information Just a few questions for the pro's

Basically i have a vision of how i want my car too look.

I would like to have the 2002+ Front end conversion with the new lights. The only catch is i would like to get a nice 2002 carbon fiber hood that will fit the 2002 front end upgrade. Along with the hood being carbon fiber i want to get the Invidia Carbon Fiber Front Lip Spoiler, Type-R Replica Carbon Fiber Spoiler, Carbon Fiber B Pillars and i want all the carbon fiber to match. In addition too that i figured id throw a wings west side skirts and rear valance.

Has anyone gone thru this process already and can give me advice. Thanks much :)

Im picking up my car on sunday, did the 02 conversion except for the headlights :smile: Where do you live? That might help getting some good body shop recommendations...

Shouldn't be any problem with the CF hood; several vendors to choose from on this feature.

Invidia front lip is for a pre '02 front bumper - that is not going to fit without some customization on a late front bumper which will be required for the lights (unless you choose after-market front bumper, then it still won't fit!)

Wings West does not make a complete rear lower valance - they have spats for the corners - check out some post regarding these, the fit leaves a lot to be desired. You might consider the 02+ rear valance as an alternative.

Check Science Of Speed for ready-made solutions on fixed light conversion packages

well i don't know if the weave in the carbon fiber will match but in all honestly no parts will be next to any other parts. For example if you have a CF hood and fenders they should be the same weave to make it look best, but with a cf lip and hood I really don't think it should matter all that much. I think it would look best if it all matched but if you can't i don't think it will look bad either.

Mighteatyou said:
I live in NY
The very best body shop in your area - where they are fanatical perfectionists about getting your car absolutely perfect - is this one, about an hour north of the city (and well worth the drive). That's where NSXprime username pbassjo works. He's just the best. Great guy, too.

Back