• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interior Sport Package or Not?

ALL: Wondering how many went with the Carbon / Altcatera Sport Package? I was hopeful that PMC would just ala carte the Alcatera Headliner for me, but they said it will still cost me 2500.00 since they have to print the window sticker with that package. Not sure I am in love with the Carbon Accents inside. Just wanted to get some input from you guys. Thanks.

I went with the carbon fiber interior, mainly because I wanted that alcantara headliner. I don't mind the carbon fiber steering wheel, but think I actually like the overall looks of the interior better with the alcantara hood over the gauges vs. the carbon fiber. When checking into what you asked about, just getting the headliner, they knew that I'm a clean car freak and advised that the carbon fiber gauge hood is much easier to keep clean as dust lands on and gets trapped in the alcantara one.

This is all coming from someone who, like you, has an NSX on order but doesn't actually own one yet. Hopefully some owners with each interior package will chime in with their real-world experiences!

I went with the carbon fiber interior, mainly because I wanted that alcantara headliner. I don't mind the carbon fiber steering wheel, but think I actually like the overall looks of the interior better with the alcantara hood over the gauges vs. the carbon fiber. When checking into what you asked about, just getting the headliner, they knew that I'm a clean car freak and advised that the carbon fiber gauge hood is much easier to keep clean as dust lands on and gets trapped in the alcantara one.

This is all coming from someone who, like you, has an NSX on order but doesn't actually own one yet. Hopefully some owners with each interior package will chime in with their real-world experiences!

Thanks ICE, I am leaning towards it. After looking at some pics it looks nice. And I was told the Alcatera headliner does rich up the car. When is your ETA? Mine is October.

Same here--nothing more specific than October so far. Are you going to head out to Ohio for the factory tours?

When I ordered my car, the headliner was a separate option. I ended up ordering both the interior carbon fiber package and the Alcantara headliner. If I could do it again, I wouldn't have bothered with the headliner. It's just not something I notice most of the time. However, I do like the carbon fiber touches in the cockpit. I'm not a huge fan of CF, but a few touches here and there are nice. I also like the pedals.

If the alternative to the carbon fiber gauge cover is alcantara then for sure go for Carbon Fiber. The Alcantara would be a dust collector. I thought that the alternative to the carbon fiber gauge cover was just a plastic cover? I have the Alcantara headliner which was a upcharge $1500? Not sure why it would be so expensive. It is not something I really notice or look at while driving. Is the standard cloth headliner that bad?

Counter points

The alcantara binnacle is not a dust collector.

The CF binnacle has been a known source of rattles and vibration.

I was turned of by the fact that the CF on the wheel is just a garnish placed over the actual wheel.

I have never seen a "regular" headliner but the alcantara is a nice feature (premium feel). Agree that is rarely gets looked at.

Counter points

The alcantara binnacle is not a dust collector.

The CF binnacle has been a known source of rattles and vibration.

I was turned of by the fact that the CF on the wheel is just a garnish placed over the actual wheel.

I have never seen a "regular" headliner but the alcantara is a nice feature (premium feel). Agree that is rarely gets looked at.

I agree that the cf on the bottom feels like it is just a covering. The top does feel more solid. I really like the look of cf on the car. I realize it does not offer any difference in driving but is an esthetic issue.

I agree, the CF looks really good.

I was just spoiled from driving a Lexus LFA, it has an incredible real CF wheel (at a cost of ?? thousands)

Same here--nothing more specific than October so far. Are you going to head out to Ohio for the factory tours?

I am probably not. did you get a free invite? I kinda beat my dealer up on price of car so they said they couldn't offer me any discounts on the tour. Let me know what you know.

I am probably not. did you get a free invite? I kinda beat my dealer up on price of car so they said they couldn't offer me any discounts on the tour. Let me know what you know.

No, I didn't even know you could get discounts by booking the tour through the dealer--I am taking care of those arrangements myself with the NSX Insider Experience Concierge. Couldn't pass up the once-in-a-lifetime chance to see those factories, take part in the assembly of my own car, and spend half a day seeing what it can really do on a track!

No, I didn't even know you could get discounts by booking the tour through the dealer--I am taking care of those arrangements myself with the NSX Insider Experience Concierge. Couldn't pass up the once-in-a-lifetime chance to see those factories, take part in the assembly of my own car, and spend half a day seeing what it can really do on a track!

That should be fun ...please report back .....

Back