• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Introducing the LoveFab WFS NSX Chassis Bracing System

I have the 25.4mm and will let everyone know once I receive and install these.

Just found out about this thread.

Have a question about the front lower bar.
Is that one compatible with the Downforce NSX-R bumper undercover and a aluminum battery plate.

Yes, there should be no significant issues.

Once you have this lower bar, does it replace the original NSX-R lower bar??

Yes. The NSX-R is a limp noodle compared to our chassis bar.
I have covered up the whole front underside of my NSX to get some downforce together with the VIS NSX-R hood and Dali Racing ducting.
Already know that I would have to cut up the duct for the top bar, but would like to know if the lower bar is compatible with a close front.

Yes it will fit fine, as it resides above the battery tray.
I also have the NSX-R sway bar up front. Does that make any difference?

Clearance will not be an issue.
I assume it would not make sense to install just the top chassis bar.

The top bar alone will help, but as a system, the feel of the car is dramatically improved.

9doors, you are shipping today. I will update the list of shipped bars at the end of the day.

Here is a lower chassis bar mounted with a Dali Track bar. Clearance is just fine with suspension at compression, or droop.

2013-02-05_16-09-07_253_zpse64f32c9.jpg

Yes, there should be no significant issues.

Yes. The NSX-R is a limp noodle compared to our chassis bar.

Yes it will fit fine, as it resides above the battery tray.

Clearance will not be an issue.

The top bar alone will help, but as a system, the feel of the car is dramatically improved.

9doors, you are shipping today. I will update the list of shipped bars at the end of the day.

Here is a lower chassis bar mounted with a Dali Track bar. Clearance is just fine with suspension at compression, or droop.

Hi Cody,

Thanks for answering all my questions.

Do you also know how much each one of your chassis bar weigh?
Judging from your pictures and the thickness of the material, they look like they must weigh a ton :smile:

The weight is negligible IMO. Should have weighed mine this weekend before install... It's definitely <5lbs I think. My bay is dirty...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361898580.630467.jpg

The fuse box will re-install into it's factory location. You just have to route it properly during the installation. In your case Nero, unbolt the fuse box and run it up and over the bar, then re-attach to factory mounting points. If it doesn't bother you, leaving it as-is works too.

Good catch Cody. I will have a look at it again, it didn't seem to want to do that but no biggie either way. Install instructions would be good though as it was a tight fit! I found that the driver side had to go in first and some stuff on the passenger side needed to be removed and then reinstalled for those who DIY this.

I started a manual with pictures but got side tracked with all of the madness at the shop. Being "tuner", "office manager", "forum advocate", "wrench", "engine builder", and "janitor" gets in the way sometimes. I will post a quick DIY. FYI, I plan on launching another GB after the 1st with clearer pictures, and the installation manual. A separate buy will be had for the Targa bars, as those seem to have gotten lost in the mix.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, those two tips sum it up and the rest is easy to figure out once you see what's in the way. I would suggest an impact gun is a must have. Oh but it needs to be a SLIM one not the actual gun, better yet a gun with an extension with a joint so you can change the angle.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about it too much, those two tips sum it up and the rest is easy to figure out once you see what's in the way. I would suggest an impact gun is a must have. Oh but it needs to be a SLIM one not the actual gun, better yet a gun with an extension with a joint so you can change the angle.

I would say NEVER USE AN IMPACT GUN on NSX Chassis bolts. But, 1/2" drive extension with swivel is a must.

You're probably right but I have an impact gun happy friend who helped ;) It's done now but I would agree maybe only for removal once loosened and then torque to spec. It would suck to strip the female end of the thread of those, but they are on there so tight it was hard to get out with just a breaker bar IIRC.

Cody, the bars arrived today and they look great! They will be installed on Saturday, will take photos later. Thank you for making these for the NSX community.

Cody, the bars arrived today and they look great! They will be installed on Saturday, will take photos later. Thank you for making these for the NSX community.

You could make a lot of people happy if you would but the chassis bars on a scale and give us the correct weight of these bars before putting them on your NSX :)

Awsome!
When will i get my? I cant wait to get the bar
Sky

Shipping tonight Sky. I shipped to Pheonix599 first because he had a scheduled maintenance appointment at his garage that he would've had to split into two appointments. I apologize, and hope this wasn't a huge inconvenience for you.

Cody,
I tried to read through this thread from beginning to end and I noticed one entry referring to fitment with a type-r hood, and the radiator hood duct. I'm assuming I would just need to do more cutting on my hood duct to fit the front upper bar?

While my bar is still setting in the garage, I do plan on trimming the Dali duct for proper fitment but I'm pretty sure my VIS hood will need no trimming. DF/Procar hoods with the deeper duct may, but I'm not sure which hood you have. VIS, no problem. Hope this helps.

Weights for the bars that I received:

Front upper: 4.26 lbs / 1932 g
Front lower: 5.6 lbs / 2540 g
Rear: 4.56 lbs / 2068 g

Upper bar clears VIS hood with room to spare.

While my bar is still setting in the garage, I do plan on trimming the Dali duct for proper fitment but I'm pretty sure my VIS hood will need no trimming. DF/Procar hoods with the deeper duct may, but I'm not sure which hood you have. VIS, no problem. Hope this helps.

Yeah, I think I have the same hood as you. I haven't bought the hood duct yet, but wanted to make sure that when I have it I wouldn't have to totally destroy it just to fit the upper bar into place.:redface:

Thanks for the weights Phoenix!

It was on my to-do list, bit having third party numbers feels more "right" to me anyway.

So there you go. Around a 10lb weight penalty for a boat load of chassis stiffness(remember, you're replacing the factory rear piece.)

I should note that I was able to drive a Targa car last week with the full WFS Chassis package. My oh my... :)

Back