• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is my Koni yellow still good?

i had the koni yellows for about 8 years. They were installed with Tanabe GF210 springs . Tanabe were super low drop almost no gap between tire and fender. It was riding pretty hard at that height.
I recently installed new Tein S-tech springs and the height is now about 1.25" gap. I have adjusted the Koni to full soft. The ride is still very hard.

My questions are.
- Is my Koni still good or are they ruined from the super low Tanabe springs. (The shocks are totally dry, no leaks)

- Can my full soft adjustment setting actually contributing to the bad ride?

Additional notes, I dont like the way Tein S-tech stance. too much gap at the front wheel well.

Konis are not very widespread in the NSX world. In the early years they were an option...They are also said to be not very comfortable...You might try going a different route...

off the shelf koni yellows aren't bad, but i would not use 8 y/o ones.

With a "super low drop" you probably blew the shocks. I'd pull them and put on some Bilsteins. If you are going to reuse the Tein springs use the upper perch of the Bilstein, not the lower. The combination of the lower perch and the Tein will lower you car too far and you'll rub the front fender liners.

i had the koni yellows for about 8 years....
My questions are.
- Is my Koni still good or are they ruined from the super low Tanabe springs...
Koni has a rebuild program for your shocks - full strip down to bare metal and replacement of all wearable components - much lower cost than a new set.
You can also specify the compression and rebound valving and change the entire range of performance.
GL

If you go the rebuild route (which might be cost effective vs. buying new), let Koni know what springs you plan on running. This way they can match the valving to the spring rates. Of course your car will be on stands for the duration of the rebuild so plan accordingly.

I'm thinking buying new would be cheaper.....tire rack sells them for 157 a piece.

Back