• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is this a good deal?

I'm looking at a 95 nsxt with 150 000 km. I have negociated down to 30k canadian for the car and it seems to be in great condition. Service history, new timing belt, tires ect. I'm having a hard time finding comparisons because of the high mileage. So is it a good deal or is this how much one depreciates with lots of miles. Another question is what should I be looking out for?
Thanks,

I'm looking at a 95 nsxt with 150 000 km. I have negociated down to 30k canadian for the car and it seems to be in great condition. Service history, new timing belt, tires ect. I'm having a hard time finding comparisons because of the high mileage. So is it a good deal or is this how much one depreciates with lots of miles. Another question is what should I be looking out for?
Thanks,

Based on your decription the car falls under pricing grade "C". The high mileage, IMO, would automatically place the car into the "D" range however the condition, up-to-date maintenance and full service history move it into the "C" range.

According to the FAQ pricing chart $30,000 CDN or ~$27,500 USD would be a good deal for a 1995 NSX in the "C" pricing range. A "fair" price would be ~$30,000 USD/$32,500 CDN.

Raptor1,

Are you kidding??? Most 91's are selling close to $40K Canadian, so that would be an incredible deal. If fact, it's probably to good to be true, so i'd be willing to bet you it's a salvage vehicle or it's been seriously hit.

Good luck!!

Thanks for the input. I Guess I will be spending more time on the forum now. I'm gonna pick it up in two weeks. I know the car has never been accidented it's really just the high mileage that kinda scares me but then again it is an acura.

Where is the car from? I hate to say this but when I lived back in Edmonton and was searching for a S2000 I came across lots in the Montreal region that were involved in accidents or imported from the U.S. with salvage title. Basically if you look on Autotrader.ca you'll see lots of S2000's and NSX's for sale in QC that are dodgy at best.

Be very careful my friend and make sure you get this car checked by both Acura and an independent workshop who specializes in frame repairs.

Like the other forum poster said it sounds like the 95 T is too good to be true but if its legit than WOW! You've just got yourself a killer deal. If it falls through there's a guy named ROY selling his 1991 in Toronto (posted on this site) with 125,000 kms for $38 Canadian (new clutch, etc).

Good luck.

Jetpilot

Howdy Raptor1...I think that its a great deal..I purchased a 1991 for $29,000 that had 200,000 kms but all servicing (timing belt - water pump, cam seals and all belts) had been done along with a Italian exhaust System, Tien Suspension System, Wings West Kit/ Niche 18 and 19 rims/ new low profile tires and a Cd-DVD player. I was scared at first..but when I went and saw the machine, heard it and drove it - I fell in love..actually - I was in awe...so do not be afraid of high mileage NSXs...jsut make sure that it has not been in an accident.

Dam:cool:

I'm gonna pick it up in two weeks.
Please post pics once you pick up the car. You need to teach us oldies where to find good deals like that. Seems like a lot of dreamers who just signed up on the forum are finding these incredible deals that most veteran are having difficult time finding lately.

Thanks for all the advice... I've had the car checked out by a honda dealer where my friend works as a service manager and everything is good. I guess from the sounds of it, I found a great deal. The car was a private sale and the owner lives way in the country. Sometimes the language barrier may work to our advantage here in quebec.
Anyways I can't wait to pick it up and I will definatelly post pics. Right now it is stock but that will change very quickly.

Back