• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WTB: Pop up headlight Manual NA2 (1995-2001), mid-range mileage, good budget

Hey Folks

I hope you guys are doing well. I have done some research over the past few months and now planning to get myself into the NSX market.
I'm looking for a mid-range mileage (40k-70k) NSX NA2 in the continental USA. You can send email to [email protected] to contact me.

Has To be:
Pop headlight
Original manual transmission
Running and Good mechanical situation: no leaking or other issues (minor issue okay but has to transparent about these)
No Undercarriage damage
No electrical issue
No accident record, clean title with a trackable history
No mods on the main drivetrain: transmission, axle etc / has to be the original drivetrain.
Obtain a 3rd party dealer report or be willing to take the car for a 3rd party inspection before buying (cost will be in the budget)

Preferred:
Modernized stereo system (with Apple car play or blue-tooth)
Overall good paint condition
Targa Top
Black Interior
Type R Style Body Kit
Vented Rotor

Does not matter:
Exterior Color
Mods on suspension
Wheels / Tires
Location of the car
Mods on the exhaust system, have to be able to pass the smog check
Mods on suspension

Willing to scarifies:
Open to older models (NA1)
Open up to 80K mileage
Fleet vehicle

Better not:
Mods on engine: turbo, tunings and etc.
Mods on the hood and rear spoiler.

Overall budget:
$80k for car, $10k for taxes, registration and documents: $90k-ish. (CASH)

Timeframe:

Looking to buy the car around February - March 2024.

I hope this goal is realistic. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
I can help your research. 1995 & 1996 manual transmissions are NA1 (as are all automatics.)

Here's @RacerXwing 's awesome spreadsheet of transaction values - you're looking after the yellow line and sales #'s. Keep in mind however that the NA2 pop-ups (& NA2 fixed) weren't nearly as common as the NA1's so there is less confidence around the values and little data for higher milages. A few super low milage units with very high prices skewed the curve, which should actually track more along the midpoint between red & green IMO. Your budget seems optimistic, but northern prices are often lower in the winter months which could work in your favour. Looks like an MCB was in your budget within the last few months, although it had an accident. Also a red one but tan interior and an accident as well.

This is BAT results on your criteria:

Hood & spoiler mods might be something to let slide as these are easy to undo, and I think all the NA2's have vented rotors or would be easy to add, but trying to find an NA2 with the Type R body kit will really limit your selection. It took me 3 years to find mine with very similar criteria that you're looking for. The NA2 pop-ups don't come along every day.

Best in your quest,

I can help your research. 1995 & 1996 manual transmissions are NA1 (as are all automatics.)

Here's @RacerXwing 's awesome spreadsheet of transaction values - you're looking after the yellow line and sales #'s. Keep in mind however that the NA2 pop-ups (& NA2 fixed) weren't nearly as common as the NA1's so there is less confidence around the values and little data for higher milages. A few super low milage units with very high prices skewed the curve, which should actually track more along the midpoint between red & green IMO. Your budget seems optimistic, but northern prices are often lower in the winter months which could work in your favour. Looks like an MCB was in your budget within the last few months, although it had an accident. Also a red one but tan interior and an accident as well.

This is BAT results on your criteria:

Hood & spoiler mods might be something to let slide as these are easy to undo, and I think all the NA2's have vented rotors or would be easy to add, but trying to find an NA2 with the Type R body kit will really limit your selection. It took me 3 years to find mine with very similar criteria that you're looking for. The NA2 pop-ups don't come along every day.

Best in your quest,
Thank you for the info - I used my observation on BaT transactions over the last few months and trajectory to determine the budget.

Right around my house there were two NA2Ts during the last few months, that were listed on the BaT - both are incredibly nice and low mileage, and both didn't meet the reserve. This gives me some confidence about the budget.

The reason I said some of the mods are preferred is because I want to signal that this post is a mod-friendly post as long as they are not over the critical parts that could harm the overall reliability. As you might imagine, this car will get modified so I would rather have one that has something on it and leave the perfect prestige one to the purists (and I particularly wish if some one had already updated the radio so I don't have to do it again haha)

Keep in mind that not meeting reserve does not mean no sale - it often means a sale at a considerably higher price. It just gives the top bidder a shot to make a deal with the vendor. For instance, my friend listed his Imola in September and was RNM at 135. He sold it to the highest bidder for 165. But prices have definitely softened this fall so it could be a great time for you to jump in.

You can easily drop in a GROM bluetooth unit and it works well with the stock OEM radio - even better with a small bluetooth controller for volume & tracks so you can leave your phone in the glove box. I did one on Tuesday in 2-3 hours and it would probably have been1/2 that if I hadn't been adding remote trunk release to my keyless at the same time.

Back