• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is this is a SCAM?

From a seller I have been in contact with:

"Hello again,

JH4NA1156MT001112. As I told you in my first email, got a new job and moved to another city (Sioux City, IA). Before leaving I had prearranged the deal with eBay Motors so my presence isn't necessary. They won't give me any money until you receive and test the Acura. The Acura is at the shipping company, ready to be delivered. The shipping cost is included in the total price of the Acura! You got 7 days to test it and inspect the Acura. So if you want to make this deal I need the following details from you: full name and address, shipping address, phone number. Once I got all the details, I will forward them to eBay and they will proceed with the order. They'll email you with all the information that you need to complete this deal and also they will confirm that the deal is conducted through them and I'm a legitimate seller. Waiting for your email with the requested details"

I called EBay motors and they said it was a scam, but I just wanted to get everyone on Prime's opinion.

Anyone know of this VIN/car?

Thanks!

Just wanted to get the communities thoughts on the VIN also.

Even if you missed the field of red flags waving, Ebay told you it was a scam so why are you asking us what we think?

Scam for sure! This is the usual message from scammers... even here in Portugal I receive messages like that in english... the car is always ready to ship and price is always very tempting... don't send him a cent! you will never get your money back

From a seller I have been in contact with:

"Hello again,

JH4NA1156MT001112. As I told you in my first email, got a new job and moved to another city (Sioux City, IA). Before leaving I had prearranged the deal with eBay Motors so my presence isn't necessary. They won't give me any money until you receive and test the Acura. The Acura is at the shipping company, ready to be delivered. The shipping cost is included in the total price of the Acura! You got 7 days to test it and inspect the Acura. So if you want to make this deal I need the following details from you: full name and address, shipping address, phone number. Once I got all the details, I will forward them to eBay and they will proceed with the order. They'll email you with all the information that you need to complete this deal and also they will confirm that the deal is conducted through them and I'm a legitimate seller. Waiting for your email with the requested details"

I called EBay motors and they said it was a scam, but I just wanted to get everyone on Prime's opinion.

Anyone know of this VIN/car?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yeah, I would never send a cent prior to a PPI. That is why I contacted EBay.

Damn these scammers for playing with my heart. 12+ years and still looking for my NSX.

Scam for sure! This is the usual message from scammers... even here in Portugal i receive messages like that in english... the car is always ready to ship and price is always very tempting... don't send him a cent! you will never get your money back

You can cut your losses and send me $1500.00 and I'll go look at it for you. Please use Western Union.

Thanks.

Damn these scammers for playing with my heart. 12+ years and still looking for my NSX.

12 years??? Dude just pay a little more and buy one you like already. So what if you over pay a little more...you could've had 12 years of enjoyment, how much is that worth? haha

you need to watch, failure to launch.....lol

For fun find out where the car is supposedly located.

Then tell scamster that you happen to be in that area and you can take delivery in person.

You will hear silence.

haha or tell him he just one the universal world lottery and needs to send you 100$ to claim his 100 million.

Lol, within those 12 years... I bought a AP2 S2000...

And since the price has jumped so high from the point of where I was looking, it makes it hard to pull the trigger on today's prices.

But it seems like the collector car market is kinda cooling off a bit right now...

I have some ocean front property in Arizona at a huge discount if you're interested.....just a small deposit required to lock it up via prepaid Visa cards :wink:

Back