• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is this SerialNSX's Type R recreation? JH4NA21632T000186

I agree totally with some of these mods hurting the original value of the car. This is why with the 92 GPW clone I am doing, I am cloning a 92 NSX R.

I am not removing safety features like the front bumper beam, reflectors, daytime running lights, airbag, and the interior is staying stock.

Cloning the earlier model R is a lot less of an investment and all of the changes can easily put back and I'll be keeping all of the original parts should I decide to do so.

I mean really, we're looking at only a few minor changes. I think it's a better approach.

Here's my recipe for an NSX R clone that not only benefits from some weight reduction and handling upgrades but can easily be switched back to OEM in a heartbeat.

Front Badge
Acura Logo removed from center tail light
NSX R Mesh Engine Cover
Mesh Intake Vent Inserts from 02+ or Zanardi
Stereo Delete Cover
NA2 Headers and Exhaust
Lighter Battery
NA1 NSX R Wheels
Silver OEM Honda Lug Nuts
NSX R , Type S or Zanardi Suspension (haven't entirely decided yet)
Chassis Bars, Front Sway Bar
NSX R Engine Cover Plate
NA2 Rear Alluminum Bumper Beam
AC Removed, Stereo Removed, Tools Removed, Spare Tire Removed and Mount, CD Changer and Mount Removed.
OEM NSX R Coolant Cover
Sound Deadening Material Removed

PS I totally get what the original owner did here. I think the car is beautiful and would outperform an OEM NSX by a landslide. I have my reservations about taking an NSX T and converting it to a coupe. I think he could have chosen a better car to start with.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, how much does a Genuine NA2 NSX-R go for in Japan these days?

$100K+ I'd guess.

Nope, no soup even for $200K.

As I stated in another thread, the cheapest one went for sale half a year ago at Route-KS was a 2003 NSX-R with 12,500km @ 18mil yen. You may think that's a ridiculous price and numbers will go down but truth is that by November 2011, all 4 NSX-Rs they had in-stock have been sold.

The only one available to public is an 02' (or 03') priced at 22 million yen with less than 5000km listed on another Japanese car website.

It's worth what it brings! It's totally awesome, and I would love to own it. Who cares, it was one of the leading modded nsx around for a while, and the whole conversion was great. I hope he gets asking price, it does nothing but helps the market.

The issue (for me) with a car like this is the loss of originality. History has shown time and time again at classic car auctions that cars that have been modified like this or similar to this just never have that much appeal in the long term and the prices eventually fall below clean originals. Imagine a modified classic Ferrari or any other make going on the auction block. Guaranteed it will sell significantly less than an original. I always look at the investment potential of a car and I just do not see it with this one. Great car and very impressive however I think history will not be friendly to it.

Exactly, look at it objectively, at the end of the day it's a clone, no matter how well done (and it is well done):smile:

Nsx r for sale at route ks
http://www.route-ks.com/ks/stock/index.html

Last edited:
There is no doubt that this car is BA! All im saying is if you read the write up on ebay it goes on and on about the time and effort and money.For all the time, effort, and money this person couldn't get o Dali's web site and spend $300 on a jdm head unit? From the ebay write up under interier... "I CANNOT STRESS TO YOU THE DETAIL AND PATIENCES THAT WENT INTO THE BUILD OF THIS CAR.. PLEASE TAKE NOTE IN THE PICTURES THAT IT LOOKS FLAWLESS.." It even says look at the detail in the the pictures! But again It is a Bad A$$ car

I have read the original prime thread about the build up of this car...it really is amazing....but JohnJohn has a point. With all the gushing the eBay ad puts forth, there are many weak links...the seats are wrong for a true Type-R, the console was deleted of it's radio (I think) and a/c controls (again, I think) and there are added do-dads (rear plate c/f frame that are totally un-necessary and not on a true Type-R.

Sure, the car has a LOT of $$$ invested, but it's not totally, meticulously exact as the listing claims...TRUE to the real McCoy, that's all.

Not trashing, just saying, if your gonna say "X" about the car, be correct...

So it is listed again with a new BIN of $114,000 (down from $145k and then $125k and then $119k).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220934340867

In the previous listings the top bid was $70k. I suspect that will be the top bid again so at what point do you think the dealer just "gives up" and lets this car go for in the mid $70s which is probably its "true value" in a discriminating market absent someone with the "I just gotta have it at any price" bug stepping forward.

Last edited:
Assuming he paid 115k+ that'll be a serious loss. It's crazy how the tide has changed on this car since it has changed hands.

I think from the start it was over priced, but it is a nice clone with Alot of hours involved in the build. For me what kills it was the T-coupe conversion. Structurally regardless of what anyone says, I would feel much more confident purchasing a R replica that originally started off as a coupe. Hope it does end up in the right hands though.

Assuming he paid 115k+ that'll be a serious loss.

Do we know what he actually paid for it? Even if he (over)paid $115k he is just hoping to break even now at best. He may be the only "just gotta have it at any price" buyer and although there is always another somewhere, I would be surprised to see him be able to flip it for anywhere near 100k.

Seats are real deal.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showpost.php?p=900211&postcount=175
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showpost.php?p=874907&postcount=158

I have read the original prime thread about the build up of this car...it really is amazing....but JohnJohn has a point. With all the gushing the eBay ad puts forth, there are many weak links...the seats are wrong for a true Type-R, the console was deleted of it's radio (I think) and a/c controls (again, I think) and there are added do-dads (rear plate c/f frame that are totally un-necessary and not on a true Type-R.

Sure, the car has a LOT of $$$ invested, but it's not totally, meticulously exact as the listing claims...TRUE to the real McCoy, that's all.

Not trashing, just saying, if your gonna say "X" about the car, be correct...

the fellow that bought this car put his "value" on it.....now we'll see if anyone on earth agrees.:tongue:

the fellow that bought this car put his "value" on it.....now we'll see if anyone on earth agrees.:tongue:

Wow,

This is a tough crowd.....

Anil had somewhere around $180,000 in the car.
I've got $120,000 in the car.

I guess attempting to sell it on Ebay brings out the opinions of the masses......

Frankly, it is what it is & cannot be reproduced for less than I'm asking...In reality, it would be much more.
Too bad the typical (used) NSX buyer has a $25k budget and doesn't mind high mileage hand-me-downs with blingy wheels. I on the other hand can appreciate all the time, money and effort that went into this car. What's it worth? Only the future owner will decide that....PERIOD!

Cheers, Joe

Wow,

I guess attempting to sell it on Ebay brings out the opinions of the masses......

Frankly, it is what it is & cannot be reproduced for less than I'm asking...In reality, it would be much more.
Too bad the typical (used) NSX buyer has a $25k budget and doesn't mind high mileage hand-me-downs with blingy wheels. I on the other hand can appreciate all the time, money and effort that went into this car. What's it worth? Only the future owner will decide that....PERIOD!

Cheers, Joe

Actually, I think there are all types of nsx buyers running from the salvage seekers to those in a quest to get only the lowest mileage 2005 imola. For a car of your type, there might be 3 people interested in making that kind of purchase in that price range. Anil was the first, you are the second and good luck finding the third.

For a car of your type, there might be 3 people interested in making that kind of purchase in that price range.
Perhaps an overly pessimistic view, but the general concept is very accurate. This is a very specific car that will require a very specific buyer, and that is going to take some time to find. This car has only been for sale for a (relatively) short period of time AND at a challenging time of the year to sell a performance car.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it takes several months for this car to sell to the right buyer.

This 2005 red/red for example has been on sale since at least last August and perhaps earlier. The price might be a bit high, but probably the bigger reason is just finding the right buyer who wants a very low mileage red interior vehicle and who has the wallet to match.

Wow,

Cheers, Joe

Joe its not personal....Anil modded his car,when you do that and you go crazy:biggrin:, and have deep pockets:wink: you can get a pretty unique vehicle.You are right ..it is what it is....good luck with the sale.

It seems that the same two people are showing the most interest one again and are the high bidders again at around 70k. One of them may be really serious but if I were to bet I would say it will go higher than last two times but not near the reserve although high enough to get a lower reserve next time around.

Wow,

Cheers, Joe

The truth? Only an NSX Prime user would see the value in this car. Problem is, you spent A LOT of money recreating something that is still not the real thing. I see it all the time in the muscle car world...someone spends 100K recreating a Shelby front he 60's, then they try and sell it for 100K plus. The car just sits.

People who have 100K plus for cars can go get whatever they want. Problem with the NSX is so few people have driven one...and for a lot people with that type of cash to burn, there are MUCH MUCH better performers and investments. You're basically asking people to make a knowingly bad investment to cover the cost of a guy who went completely over board on a build. $13,000 seats? Really? For $13,000 Hennessey can give a Cadillac CTS-V 800 bhp.

Apples to oranges, maybe. But the number of people who lust after AND would pay 100K plus for a type R clone is next to none. This car will sell for no more than 75-80 after sitting on the market for over a year.

The truth? Only an NSX Prime user would see the value in this car. Problem is, you spent A LOT of money recreating something that is still not the real thing. I see it all the time in the muscle car world...someone spends 100K recreating a Shelby front he 60's, then they try and sell it for 100K plus. The car just sits.

People who have 100K plus for cars can go get whatever they want. Problem with the NSX is so few people have driven one...and for a lot people with that type of cash to burn, there are MUCH MUCH better performers and investments. You're basically asking people to make a knowingly bad investment to cover the cost of a guy who went completely over board on a build. $13,000 seats? Really? For $13,000 Hennessey can give a Cadillac CTS-V 800 bhp.

Apples to oranges, maybe. But the number of people who lust after AND would pay 100K plus for a type R clone is next to none. This car will sell for no more than 75-80 after sitting on the market for over a year.

Pretty strong opinions for someone who just signed up at prime. I don't mean any personal offense but how do we know you aren't one of the ebay bidders? Coming onto prime and resolutely saying the car is worth only XYZ when most people interested in the car will probably visit these threads...

Pretty strong opinions for someone who just signed up at prime. I don't mean any personal offense but how do we know you aren't one of the ebay bidders? Coming onto prime and resolutely saying the car is worth only XYZ when most people interested in the car will probably visit these threads...

lol Dave you maybe on to something..he mentions this car in his intro post http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156907

Agreed but I do believe he's onto something. Even if he just signed up.

That car MAY bring big money for the right 1 in a million person, but I think if it were to fetch the big bucks as it did, it would have been done in a private manner as Anil did and not listed over and over on ebay. Sometimes just the WAY you advertise and sell something, fetches much more $$. Supply and demand basics really, being put out there advertised all over and numerous times make the seller look desperate which I don't think he is at all. Seems like a good guy, hopefully for him he can recoup his cost on this car.

Agreed but I do believe he's onto something. Even if he just signed up.

That car MAY bring big money for the right 1 in a million person, but I think if it were to fetch the big bucks as it did, it would have been done in a private manner as Anil did and not listed over and over on ebay. Sometimes just the WAY you advertise and sell something, fetches much more $$. Supply and demand basics really, being put out there advertised all over and numerous times make the seller look desperate which I don't think he is at all. Seems like a good guy, hopefully for him he can recoup his cost on this car.

Maybe I was a bit too strident. My bad. Trust me, I am in no position right now to shell out 80k for an nsx. Looking more in the ball park of 50.

I always wish honda would just bring type r models here so we wouldn't be forced to pay extreme costs for recreations.

Maybe I was a bit too strident. My bad. Trust me, I am in no position right now to shell out 80k for an nsx. Looking more in the ball park of 50.

I always wish honda would just bring type r models here so we wouldn't be forced to pay extreme costs for recreations.

This car really is for the right buyer. Anil spoke of the car's power and handling dynamics as "would run circles around an F360 on the track, so maybe comparing it in terms of price with a nice low mileage F360 would be the better benchmark in terms of price, but given the normal buyers of cars in this range, with such little exposure and knowledge of this NSX build besides us on NSXPrime, almost everyone would choose the Ferrari.

Nevertheless, this is a dream build for, I suspect, a majority of us here on NSXPrime. Just add ITBs from SOS with an enclosure, some LoveFab headers and exhaust, and you'll have a monster N/A motor (not saying it isn't already) that most cars won't be able to touch until well into the triple digit speed range.

For a car of your type, there might be 3 people interested in making that kind of purchase in that price range. Anil was the first, you are the second and good luck finding the third.

You almost never get your full monetary value back out of adding or doing mods to a car.

Think about when you were shopping for a car...you wanted an un-molested example...don't you think others buyers might feel entitled to and want just the same?

You customize your car...great...do it for yourself. When it comes time to sell it, remove the mods you can, sell them separately, and don't expect to bump the asking price for the car just because of permanent changes that YOU wanted done to the car...they might not be another's tastes...or the pool of buyers who share your taste might be quite small.

You can't expect others to reimburse you for your labor-of-love.

Sure, this is a very nice car (I followed & read with interest, the original creation / build thread about this car)...but it's not my personal taste...or budget.

Last edited:
Back