• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

It's time.... for a Melbourne Cruise

Hey guys,

I think it's time for an NSX cruise. It's been tooooo long. So I'm going to float some dates;

Sun April 10th
Sun April 17th

Who's free and interested? :D

Yea Mike put me down any date will suit me
Hope the rest of the crew and also some new faces will also be available

How about you guys get an annual get-together happening and see how many you can muster. Its amazing once the word gets out that a once a yr event is being organised, and how cars tend to come out from of the woodwork.

Melb. should have around 40-50 NSX's so getting 15-20 for a run should be a no-brainer:biggrin:

Good luck guys.

G'day Mike,

That sounds like a great idea to me. Either date would suit me at this stage, so fingers crossed there is a bit of interest.

I think there are a few new vehicles to Victoria over recent times, so it would be good to see them.

All the best,

David

Hey guys , unfortunately still no NSX but im happy to ride shotgun with one of you or tage along and take a passenger in the porsche if anyone else wants to tag along .

Howz Portsea looking you reckon .... dont know if its too far but even Philip Island if weather is good .

Mike if the weather is good and sunny , theres some AWESOME photo spots there at Rhyll beach where we can drive the cars onto the grass and their virtually on the beach with yaghts in in the water behind them :)

Sweet, well there is some interest. That's good.

I propose 17th April... give us an extra week to rally the troops. :D

Routes:
I love Philip Island, but the roads are a bit boring. 1.5 hrs at the speed limit with no twisties = little fun. Or maybe I'm just too accustomed to Bike riding nowdays. ;) I do like the idea of a "cars on grass" photo... since it's not my car, and grass tends to freak some owners out. :D buahaha...

Where do YOU guys wants to drive? Let's throw some ideas out there and get this thread pumping. :D

My suggestion is the road from Lang Lang to Durion is good. Did a bike ride that way. Afterwards we can split on the M1 back to Melbourne, or carve it up through the backroads.

Next suggestion... :)

NSX-SA: Hey Les, it's been a while! :D that sounds like a great idea but in practice ... more difficult. We had that huge cruise in Sydney a few years ago, and that was well organized and managed to pull a record 13 NSX's. There's just not that many out there, and not all owners are as passionate as us. :(

I'll be a tentative for the 17th...

Mike I'm with you on the "1.5 hrs at the speed limit with no twisties = little fun"

I always refer to bike websites and magazines to find roads to drive the NSX on. Since I'm a newb to Melb. I struggle to find places to go. The GOR is a favourite and so is the Black Spur for a little more of an immediate fix! :biggrin:

So; Mike, I'd be happy with any roads real bike riders like to go! If you put together a "best of roads you like to ride!" then I'd be happy to tick them off as we do them!

Are you on the bike or co-driving for the cruise?

Hi Guys

Sorry to say but I'm unavailable on that weekend.....but happy to say that I am in the process of updating the NSX with a real gearbox (6 speed) and a supercharger, so will be ready for a Springtime cruise.

Enjoy the twisties, keep on the black stuff

Mike.

PS ... if you see a UNIQ yellow NSX, let me know.

Hey Mike,

Lang Lang to Drouin + optional extra back road cruising sounds great!

For Greg and I it's already 2 hours from home to Lang Lang so I think going on to Phillip Island is just too far and too boring!

Do you know a good place down that way where we could have some lunch together?

<B>THE PLAN: Meet at Chadstone Shopping Centre. Leave at 11am sharp.</B>

Take "Princes Fwy" to just past Dandenong and turn off down "South Gippsland Hwy" which is nice scenic stretch of road. Turn left at Lang Lang (Westernport Rd) to re-group if anyone is left behind, and put on the racing gloves. :p

This then leads all the way to Drouin. Should arrive ~12:30pm. There's a nice hotel and a few other eating spots available for lunch. There's a spot we can all park too.

I'd call here the "official" end of the cruise.

After lunch, if people need to head home, they can jump straight on the M1 (Princes Fwy) and be back in the CBD within 1 1/2hrs.
But for those of us wanting more twisties, head north toward Noojee and up toward Yarra Junction. Or head south from Warragul towards Korumburra -- i rode this road by myself last year, and had to stop to take photos. The road quality is crap for bikes, but valley scenery is breathtaking!

We can decide on the day if we need to avoid crappy weather.

How does this sound guys? I will check back tomorrow.

OQQO: Darn, sorry you can't make it. :( Gotta catch up with you again! Been meaning to call you.

Last edited:
Hi Mike,

That sounds fair to me, in fact we could meet at my place for a coffee beforehand if you like as it's not too far from Chaddy? I am pretty sure I will be available, although I am being hassled to play footy, which I shouldn't be doing at my age anyway - just ask my wife!!!

Anyway, keep me posted and I'll keep my fingers crossed it all falls into place.

Regards,

David

Hi Guys,
First post as the timing of the cruise correlated perfectly with my new purchase. I have recently picked up a '91 auto (unable to drive a manual) and plan to come along for the cruise. Look forward to joining the NSX community. Will hopefully post photos soon of the new ride and meet some of you on Sunday.

Hey Eckers, welcome to Prime! :)

MEETING LOCATION
Guys, i suggest we meet on the car park ROOF across from David Jones. This is on the corner of Dandenong Rd and Chadstone Rd. Opposite the McDonalds.
On the roof it's usually empty so there will be a photo opportunity too. :D

Other details 5 posts above.

sorry this is a bit disorganized. every time i try to post, prime is too busy or just hangs? :(

Last edited:
Hey guys .

Im spewin massive but have to pull out this Sunday .

Unfortunately ive taken on more work than i can handle so doing 7 days a week this next month :( .

Neo , can you photo shop me into some shots or something so atleast i feel i was there lol . Car of choice is Gregs car as i love the darker shades so stick me in that haha

Hey guys .

Im spewin massive but have to pull out this Sunday .

Unfortunately ive taken on more work than i can handle so doing 7 days a week this next month :( .

Neo , can you photo shop me into some shots or something so atleast i feel i was there lol . Car of choice is Gregs car as i love the darker shades so stick me in that haha

Ah that's a shame. You'll have to send me your mobile number so we can MMS a photo of what you're missing. ;) :D

Really pumped for this cruise tomorrow.... see you guys on the ROOF car park of Chadstone shopping center, on corner of dandenong & chadstone rd.

-mike

Sorry we lost you Andrew!! We were lost too. I've PM'd you my mobile number so it doesn't happen again.

Thanks to everyone else for a great time! Will post pics soon.

G'day Andrew (Eckers),

I'm so sorry we lost you today, especially as it was your first time out with us. Unfortunately nobody had your contact number, so once you got back onto the freeway, which I should add was your only option under the circumstances, we had no way of knowing where you would go. We did wait at Lang Lang for a while and when you didn't show up went on to Drouin for lunch.

Thanks to Mike for organising the day and to John for his expert navigational skills, it made it a day to remember. Fingers crossed we can catch up with Eckers not too far down the track, you certainly got a good buy with the car, so I hope it gives you years of enjoyment.

I should add it was great to catch up with everybody else as well. Mike, I hope you have John's details, just in-case I get a letter for him!!!

All the best,

David

Hi All,

If anybody is after a cheap front for their NSX there is one on ebay - pick up Clayton for $1,000 - guards, bonnet, front bar, indicator (one only).

Regards,

David

Hi Guys,

It was great to meet you and sorry i got lost, i was a bit busy taking photos. I really should of found out our destination but got caught up chatting to you all and being in awe of the car line up. Certainly look forward to catching up again soon and being an active forum member.

Andrew.

Back