• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ivan's pics

Well guys I finally got some pics done, there Ok I guess but these are before pictures as the car goes in the garage this winter for body kit/paint(silver or blue)/new rims(current ones for sale if you like em)/suspension/exhaust. Think that's about it so next time you see him, she'll be
a different car!

View

View

Wow, I didn't think you guys would dislike my rims so bad. I'm only changing them cuz I like to get new ones every couple years. I'm surprised you don't like these, the fact is that maybe pictures don't do them justice and if you see the car live they stand out really nice. In fact I get tons of compliments and people look at the rims before they look at the car.

Actually, I kind of like the wheels...are they the wheels Andrie mentioned? I'm thinking about getting new wheels myself. I've had chrome AZEV Type E's on my black '92 for 2 1/2 years...ever since they came with the car. Need something new.

Just offering my opinion....Why would you re-paint an NSX!?!?! There are very few paint shops that can duplicate the correct paint process required to paint aluminum using all the anti-corrosion chemicals.. It is also very expensive to do correctly, so I assume that you are just going to have someone paint it as if it were a normal paint process. Secondly, it will seriously devalue the car.... Any re-paint hurts a car's value significantly, especially when you change colors. I guess it'll just mean that there is one more NSX out there that has no value.... Of the ~7000 total originally out there since 91, the number is decreasing fast enough from accidents and theft, nevermind intentionally devaluating it.... Oh well, as I said before, it's just my opinion but I can't believe that people do this..... Sell it and buy the color you want!! As an aside, I agree that those (Civic style) rims are horrid......sorry.. Didn't mean to be nasty in my opinion, but sometimes I wonder if people really know how malicious it is to re-paint a car, especially an exotic...

------------------
Pls. visit my site w/ lots of info and pics. Brand new classifieds and Message board. It may take a bit to download but it's worth it, I hope @
http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

Andrie, basically just giving a different opinion on the wheels. It's taken me quite a while to decide on what new wheels to get...hopefully I'll find a light track wheel that looks sweet on the street also.

Nsxotic, your pretty harsh on the repainting. Nobody's going to duplicate Honda's 28 +/- steps to paint the NSX, yet there are plenty of high quality shops out there that can paint aluminum...professionally. I wouldn't change the color myself because I wouldn't like the engine compartment and other areas to be a different color. Unless you pay big bucks and have everything removed.

Bottom line, I disagree that re-painting the NSX is malicious and significantly reduces the value of the car, yet I agree it will reduce the value some. I've seen a number of NSX's with repainted hoods, front fenders, and front bumpers due to rock chips and they look sweet. I'll be doing the same to my car. I had to have a rear quarter panel repainted in the past due to a deep scratch and it's paintwork looks better than the rest of the car's factory paint. I recommend before digital pics of why your repainted though....when it's for cosmetic, not structural damage.

Good point in taking pics of the reason why you are repainting..... However, even if you prove that the repaint was to cure scratches, etc..and not due to an accident, you WILL receive significantly less for a trade-in value or private sale. By the way, this is my business.....I buy, sell and appraise cars 7 days/wk. I bought a 92 NSX that had a repainted pass. front fender and it was an immediate $3,000 deduct and I passed this on to the customer that bought it. If it were a regular car, a repainted fender would only warrant a $500 to $1000 deduct if paint matched properly..... A complete repaint would VERY realistically warrant a 4-7k (or more)deduct on an exotic, especially if it was a different color!!!! Think for a minute........how much would you pay for a 94 NSX that would sell for, let's say, 45k normally....if it were painted from black to yellow. Even more wrongful if the color didn't exist for that year? 38-40k? An example only...... Wouldn't you just assume go get an original, clean one for the 5k more? That's why it must be thousands less; to make it semi-worth it to get the repaint.....STOP PAINTING YOUR EXOTIC CARS!!!

------------------
Pls. visit my site w/ lots of info and pics. Brand new classifieds and Message board. It may take a bit to download but it's worth it, I hope @
http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

Maybe I am just not down with the trend, but Jon69, could you explain the mismatched front/rear rim design? Did they package them this way or were you just shooting for something unique when you got them?

Originally posted by TES:
Actually, I kind of like the wheels...are they the wheels Andrie mentioned.

Yup they are Radius R4 wheels, 17/18 combo. If anybody is interested I'm selling this set or I can get you brand new set as I deal with the factory direct. Only takes me 4-6 weeks to bring them in on one of my containers from Italy, unless of course you want them by air. By the way for any NSX owner I'll sell new ones at a great price $150-$250 each depending on size....pretty good price if you ask me!

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
Just offering my opinion....Why would you re-paint an NSX!?!?! There are very few paint shops that can duplicate the correct paint process required to paint aluminum using all the anti-corrosion chemicals.. It is also very expensive to do correctly, so I assume that you are just going to have someone paint it as if it were a normal paint process. Secondly, it will seriously devalue the car.... Any re-paint hurts a car's value significantly, especially when you change colors. I guess it'll just mean that there is one more NSX out there that has no value.... Of the ~7000 total originally out there since 91, the number is decreasing fast enough from accidents and theft, nevermind intentionally devaluating it.... Oh well, as I said before, it's just my opinion but I can't believe that people do this..... Sell it and buy the color you want!! As an aside, I agree that those (Civic style) rims are horrid......sorry.. Didn't mean to be nasty in my opinion, but sometimes I wonder if people really know how malicious it is to re-paint a car, especially an exotic...

Well you feel very strongly on this issue of re-painting it?! Just to let you know, I love me NSX but it is just a toy to me. Don't get me wrong I treat it well but it's going to be my weekend racer and I really don't care about value or affecting it. The car is for my enjoyment and nobody elses, nobody! As far as paint jobs are concerned, I plan on stripping the car down entirely so that no black is showing. My uncle owns a good shop and I can spend all the time I want to strip it. And I'm not worried about quality becouse I have no doubt the car will turn out great, in fact if I wanted to it could be even better than stock. However, I don't feel like spending the time/money to make the entire body perfectly true and do numorous coats of paint while wet sanding each coat, etc, etc,.. Well I'm getting off topic a bit but my point is that I have a vision of what I want my car to look like so that I can enjoy it, who cares about resale!

Originally posted by Jonathan:
Maybe I am just not down with the trend, but Jon69, could you explain the mismatched front/rear rim design? Did they package them this way or were you just shooting for something unique when you got them?

Your best off looking through the website to get yourself some knowledge on the entire wheel/tire combo. Everything you need to know is on this site, it's very imformative. But to quickly answer your question the size difference is required to match factory settings for TCS, ALB,

I agree with Jon69 with the repaint the whole car..I mean as long as he enjoys his NSX while he has it then why bother? BTW, black NSX juss doesn't show its line and shape from some view and hard to keep clean(please no flame, just my opinion) In my area there's a gold-yellow NSX S-Zero color NSX, man that car just stands out so much and everyone recognize his car. I think it's worth it.

Originally posted by jon69:
Yup they are Radius R4 wheels, 17/18 combo. If anybody is interested I'm selling this set or I can get you brand new set as I deal with the factory direct. Only takes me 4-6 weeks to bring them in on one of my containers from Italy, unless of course you want them by air. By the way for any NSX owner I'll sell new ones at a great price $150-$250 each depending on size....pretty good price if you ask me!

Is that canabucks or USD? That's not a bad price.

Originally posted by jon69:

But to quickly answer your question the size difference is required to match factory settings for TCS, ALB,

Ah, my bad, Jon69, after looking at the upper pic again I can see that I was fooled by the angle of the shot. My intitial comment was because it looked to me that the front and rear were a slightly different pattern, maybe shadows and angle are just playing tricks on me. The size difference wasn't what I was originally referring to... sorry
smile.gif

Originally posted by Jonathan:

Ah, my bad, Jon69, after looking at the upper pic again I can see that I was fooled by the angle of the shot. My intitial comment was because it looked to me that the front and rear were a slightly different pattern, maybe shadows and angle are just playing tricks on me. The size difference wasn't what I was originally referring to... sorry
smile.gif

You are correct though, the fronts look signifigantly different than the rears. The fronts are only 17x8 whereas the rears are 18x10 and have a much diffent offset that have a deep dish look to them.

Originally posted by TitaniumVtec:
That is a great price for the rims. Is the lip of the rim polished or painted like the rest of the rim? Do you know how much they weigh?

Thanks

the lip of the rim is painted the same as the rest of the wheel. Chrome finish is available for about $150us extra but as we all know that weighs more but it looks good too. I'll have to get back to you on the weight.

Back