• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

JH4NA1183ST000703: Meet "KPOWSKI"

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/190940-1995-NSX-T-Red-VIN-JH4NA183ST00703

Well...I am finally joining the club. I figured once it was marked as "SOLD" I would make my introduction.

My name is Jeff...but everyone calls me Dutch. I currently own a 2002 Honda Insight and a 1991 Civic hatchback. I have dreamed of owning a 1991 Civic hatchback and an NSX. I have had the Civic for a while...since it was easily obtainable...the NSX was a different story. However...I am finally in the position to get one! Now I am sure you're wondering.."KPOWSKI"? What's that about? Well it's going to be my vanity plate...since Kelly Kapowski was my 90s dream girl, just like the NSX was.

So I fly out to Florida on the 26th and I will be driving her back to Utah over the weekend! So If anyone is around on my drive home holler!!

Thanks guys! I thought the Kapowski reference was funny..i am glad I am not the only one. Can't wait to actually drive her!

It's funny...because I HATED red Hondas. Then I found my Civic...and then I fell in love with it. My Civic is getting sprayed Formula red as well. I only wanted a red or white NSX. So I found my red!!

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone happen to know the history on this at all? I pulled the Carfax and it was totaled in 2006 (going off memory as I do not have it in front of me). The Carfax says there was no frame damage, so I assume all cosmetic? Also in talking with the current owner (who has been awesome to work with) he has owned her for 8 years and has actually driven her! So I have some confidence in that it does not effect driveability at all.

It's funny...because I HATED red Hondas. Then I found my Civic...and then I fell in love with it. My Civic is getting sprayed Formula red as well. I only wanted a red or white NSX. So I found my red!!

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone happen to know the history on this at all? I pulled the Carfax and it was totaled in 2006 (going off memory as I do not have it in front of me). The Carfax says there was no frame damage, so I assume all cosmetic? Also in talking with the current owner (who has been awesome to work with) he has owned her for 8 years and has actually driven her! So I have some confidence in that it does not effect driveability at all.

Dutch, I know the car and know the owner. Met Tom in the fall of 2007. Thinking that he probably had just purchased the car about that time.

I came "this -- close" to buying Tom's car last week. As soon as I saw he had posted his NSX I called him. If it wasn't for the fact that I don't have garage space, Tom's red NSX would be sitting next to my black one.

With a little TLC you can have that NSX looking first rate. All of the modifications that Tom did were very tasteful. Drive it with confidence and enjoy your trip back to Utah. If there is anything you might need to have done to the car before your trip, there is a very comptetent NSX Tech at First Class Auto in nearby Orlando.

Welcome to the NSX

Nice snag And plate! I regret the one I just got.

Why do u regret ur Nsx ?

Noooo not all. I regret i wasn't clever enough to make a custom plate with that. I like!

PLPF239

99NCNSX...so you're the guy who almost took my dream car away! hahaha.

Well I am glad someone else can vouch for the car! Seriously..Tom has been very accommodating and very transparent in his descriptions. I may get the O2 sensors replaced before I head to Utah. If I was home I would just do it myself as I have all my tools and the knowledge to do it myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Boostedtaco, I thought it was kinda funny, so I am going with it. My hatch is has been coined "the redhead", the insight is the "Silver turtle" and now I have "Kelly Kapowski" haha

Wow! How did I not see this? I really would've considered buying this to use as a DD. Congrats on the pickup! (And I too loved Kelly from Saved By The Bell as most young teenagers!)

Spa2KJT, I was surprised it lasted as long as it did. I was fighting other people from all over the country to get her. I am glad she's going to be coming to Utah.

Washington Terrace is a small unincorporated city between Ogden and South Ogden! Lived here for the last 6 years. Nice quite place to live!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/190940-1995-NSX-T-Red-VIN-JH4NA183ST00703

Well...I am finally joining the club. I figured once it was marked as "SOLD" I would make my introduction.

My name is Jeff...but everyone calls me Dutch. I currently own a 2002 Honda Insight and a 1991 Civic hatchback. I have dreamed of owning a 1991 Civic hatchback and an NSX. I have had the Civic for a while...since it was easily obtainable...the NSX was a different story. However...I am finally in the position to get one! Now I am sure you're wondering.."KPOWSKI"? What's that about? Well it's going to be my vanity plate...since Kelly Kapowski was my 90s dream girl, just like the NSX was.

So I fly out to Florida on the 26th and I will be driving her back to Utah over the weekend! So If anyone is around on my drive home holler!!

She looks real clean. My first NSX was a 95 Red/Tan. Although I have a Spa Yellow Pearl NSX now, the red/tan combination is still m favorite!

Congratulations and now start having fun!

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone has heard from [MENTION=17976]MIZZOUNNC[/MENTION] ? He was suppose to send the other 3 OEM wheels (I was going to cover shipping) to me with the purchase of the NSX. I have not heard anything from him in weeks, I have tried texting on numerous occasions. I am sure he is just busy...but I am getting a little worried.

Back