• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jim Russell now has his own place

I just dropped off my car at Jim's @ Cologne Auto Body. People were not kidding when they said he was very meticulous. He has noticed every little thing about my car and is definitely VERY knowledgeable about the NSX. This is definitely where I will be taking my NSX to whenever I need maintenance done.

I hope Jim doesn't mind me sharing this here, but I have been in contact with him recently. Many of you know he was on extended health-related leave from his job at Cologne Auto Body. For reasons he did not share (and out of respect for him I will not speculate) he has been told that he cannot work on cars anymore and so will not be returning to Cologne Auto Body.

I expressed sincere best wishes and deep gratitude on behalf of the NSX community for his many years of above-and-beyond assistance. When I got my purple princess she was in a pretty sad place mechanically (amateur supercharger removal etc) - thanks to him the car has been rock solid for over two years and 25k miles. He nursed her back to health with his blood, sweat, and tears.

I hope whatever it is does not also affect his ability to drive and enjoy his pristine black 95 NSX.

Man... that is a real bummer and heart breaker.

I've unfortunately haven't had the chance to have Jim work on my car and have been hoping for the past few months to hear some good news about his health.

I wish him the best!

Thanks for the update Ben.

Thank you for the update.

Oh man... :(

I've only met Jim once (when I rolled into Cologne out of the blue and he fixed a sagging front lip after he finished up a car he was working on, for free, and then he proceeded to check out the rest of my car). He is such a nice guy and I was so happy to have someone so knowledgeable close by. I made an appointment for the following week to have him take care of some minor stuff, but that is when he started his extended leave.

I've been waiting for him to come back, but now that he's not, I guess it's time to look at other options.

I hope that while he may not be able to work on cars anymore, he is otherwise healthy and happy. He truly seemed like a super great guy and I've read nothing on here that would make me think otherwise.

I wish him nothing but the best. It is too bad we "lost" such a great tech.

Last edited:
I had Jim replaced airbag unit on my car last year. I knew I found my go to nsx technician. Now I need to find another place to have my TB/WP done. Wishing Jim the best.

I hope Jim doesn't mind me sharing this here, but I have been in contact with him recently. Many of you know he was on extended health-related leave from his job at Cologne Auto Body. For reasons he did not share (and out of respect for him I will not speculate) he has been told that he cannot work on cars anymore and so will not be returning to Cologne Auto Body.

I expressed sincere best wishes and deep gratitude on behalf of the NSX community for his many years of above-and-beyond assistance. When I got my purple princess she was in a pretty sad place mechanically (amateur supercharger removal etc) - thanks to him the car has been rock solid for over two years and 25k miles. He nursed her back to health with his blood, sweat, and tears.

I hope whatever it is does not also affect his ability to drive and enjoy his pristine black 95 NSX.

Back