• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

July 11, 2011 - 10:30pm NSX pulled over in Irvine with 5 police vehicles?

I just got home from work and I noticed on Jamboree and Irvine Blvd in front of the Burger King, there was a GEN1 NSX Red and a truck parked along the street with 5 or 6 police vehicles behind it. Just wondering if the person was okay.

That was me. :(

That truck ran a red light in front of me. I was doing about 45-50mph, swerved slightly but still caught the rear quarter panel of his truck. Damage surprising is not too bad considering the speed.

The driver of the truck (16 yr old kid) actually fled the scene. Another witness followed him and made him come back.

In need of suggestions for the best body shop in OC.

U not paying, bell auto. Tell him i sent you, he will hook you up. Top notch guys. Marinensx just had his painted there.

That was me. :(

That truck ran a red light in front of me. I was doing about 45-50mph, swerved slightly but still caught the rear quarter panel of his truck. Damage surprising is not too bad considering the speed.

The driver of the truck (16 yr old kid) actually fled the scene. Another witness followed him and made him come back.

In need of suggestions for the best body shop in OC.

U not paying, bell auto. Tell him i sent you, he will hook you up. Top notch guys. Marinensx just had his painted there.

Yup, I'm not paying (not at fault)... and so far it seems like Progressive is giving me a blank check to get this repaired.

Is Bell Auto the same place as "Danmar Autobody"? That's what comes up when I google'd "bell auto"... same address and phone number.

Sorry to hear about your incident. Idiots that flee the scene should be bull-wipped, verbally anyway.

I highly recommend Sterling Collision Center in Tustin. Their repair work is superb. They specialize in high-end cars and exotics. I've used them twice and would use them again.

Last edited:
Dang! I thought it might been you Ryan but didn't want to post anything just in case your in trouble with the police :biggrin:

I still owe you to fix your flasher for your LED kit. Stop on by when you have a chance!

Yup, I'm not paying (not at fault)... and so far it seems like Progressive is giving me a blank check to get this repaired.

Is Bell Auto the same place as "Danmar Autobody"? That's what comes up when I google'd "bell auto"... same address and phone number.

No, i think the site is bells-auto.com. If you got any questions hit me up. I need to go see them since i told them i was gona bring my car down for them to see.

Sorry to hear about your incident. Idiots that flee the scene should be bull-wipped, verbally anyway.

Agreed. I was hairs from socking him in the neck when he came back apologizing.

Dang! I thought it might been you Ryan but didn't want to post anything just in case your in trouble with the police :biggrin:

I still owe you to fix your flasher for your LED kit. Stop on by when you have a chance!

Haha... thanks!

No, i think the site is bells-auto.com. If you got any questions hit me up. I need to go see them since i told them i was gona bring my car down for them to see.

Ah, got it. Thanks. I'll hit you up via PM.

I live just south of where this all happened and I am very sad to hear an X got hurt. At least you are ok and the damage will get fixed properly (by one of the many shops that fellow members have suggested).

Post pics before and after!

Here are some "before" photos.

As you can see, the damage doesn't look too terrible. But underneath where the headlight used to be, some of the structures are tore up and/or separated. Since I was driving at night, the headlights were up. The primary impact point was the headlight and the trucks rear bumper, hence the headlight being pretty much non-existent now. I can only open the hood a few inches because the rear corner of the hood is now jammed against the fender.

IMG_0446 by audaxp, on Flickr

IMG_0447 by audaxp, on Flickr

IMG_0448 by audaxp, on Flickr

IMG_0449 by audaxp, on Flickr

IMG_0450 by audaxp, on Flickr

Last edited:
I'm waiting for a tow truck, and then the car is off to Bell's Autobody in Huntington Beach (near Autowave).

Let me guess. I figure the bill will be about $7500.00 when it is said and done. Tell us what they end up estimating to be the cost. You want it to look like it has never been painted. And don't forget the alignment is problably screwed up as well. Sorry that you got hit. Lucky he was not there sooner or you might have been T boned.
Regards,
Manny

I figure the bill will be about $7500.00 when it is said and done.

I'm not sure how much it'll be, but I'm guessing it might be more than that. From what I could see opening a few inches, the shock tower is pushed back; enough to crush the fuse box.

The car just left my garage, so I'll have an estimate tomorrow when the adjuster and a rep from Bell's takes a look at the car.

Go to bell auto! they make ferrari's and NSX's that look like your car and worse brand new again like pros. Say I sent you there too! they are baller at what they do. -Michael

That's where it's at now! Jason referred me over there, and Ryan is inspecting the car first thing in the morning. I really like their professionalism. Gail called me with updates anytime something happened: when Progressive called, when she arranged the tow truck, when the tow truck was leaving, when the tow truck arrived with my car, when my car was locked up for the night, etc. Really awesome so far.

oh man.. it wasn't too long ago i just saw you and your X. I hope it gets fixed soon. let me know if i can help.

And I still have yet to install those headers. I'll have Autowave put them on after she's fixed.

Sorry to hear about your NSX...Glad you're ok and it seems like your baby is in great hands. Hope she's up and running like brand new soon!

My rep at Progressive just inspected the car. Unfortunately, Bell's Autobody hasn't had a chance to disassemble the car yet, so Progressive has only estimated the outside visible damage so far. His estimate is already at $10k.

My first guess what about $10 to $12 k, but then I thought no it couldn't be that high. Just a hood and fender and headlight. If the bumper is toast then that adds a bunch of money. You really should consider doing an 02 conversion as it will probably not cost you anything at this time. And if it does cost a bit more you can pay that part out of pocket. Not often people get a choice of do I want the NA1 or NA2 look. You would have to add the cost of the rear valance plus the door treatment. But still if you have ever considered doing it this is an ideal time. You should contact Peter at Downforce as he can do the entire job. They have a great painter who does fantastic work. Plus Peter has done a lot of 02 conversions. Just my 2 cents.
Manny

Final repair estimate cost: $12,865. Repairs are underway at Bell's Autobody. Should have her back in 4-5 weeks. In the meantime, Progressive hooked me up with an Infiniti G37.

Back