• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

June 5th Drive to Mt. Baker

Nice toy Keith,
It would be a waste if you didn't go, but glad that you decided to come along with us. I drove mine in the rain all the time after the first 2 years...hahaha. yup, it's the newbie thing.

Dan

I was looking at weather.com

looks like the weather is not going to change... it'll be few showers, so, it'll not be a perfect sunny day. Good, that means it's not going to get too hot inside the car. :p

Unless a miracle happens, looks like I'll be missing the run. My sleeve probably won't be ready for another week so I'll have to catch the next event. Saves me the pain of waking early on the weekend I guess :)

so one NSX out of the drive? :(
Well, the weather is (few showers) to me that means good weather here for us. Please don't get discouraged by the weather, I know it will turn out great.

Dan

Remember that the weather here is extremely unpredictable and considering the area we are covering we'll probably hit a bit of everything.

We have about 30 cars now and hopefully more NSXs will show up that haven't contacted me yet. Just think of the great pictures you'll get of the entire group... as well as the sound of VTEC humming all around your ears!

The drive was so much fun, altho it was a bit too wet.
Big thanks to Dean and Ananda putting the event together.
Mike with the STI, if you're reading this please send me a PM.

Anybody have pics? Spent the day working from home and could use a "pick me up" about now :)

maybe you want to check the S2000 forum... I was being notorisly late on posting pictures... :p And I also had problem with my digital camera today..

Boy it's fun... It was weird that we basically haven't seen the sun from 5am then on my way back from Bellingham, it's Sunny all the way to my home.... OH Well.

nice drive!

Hey guys I had a lot of fun on this drive. It was nice to meet you all. The pics on the S2000 messageboard turned out ok.

-Joe

Well, I originally felt bad about not coming out for the "NSX" drive to Mount Baker, which would have been my first with this group, but after reading the thread on the S2K board, I'm glad I stayed home. IMO, some of the people in this group were nuts, and drove like it. Perhaps I'm getting old, and value life and limb accordingly, but any 9/10ths driving I do will be at the track. But I am looking forward to lunch!

Keith

'99 M Coupe
'97 NSX
'88 M3
'75 Vette

if you wanted me to rate the driving...

Keith, it's not even 4/10 avg... I'll say there's only 2 to 3 corners (out of maybe hundreds??) I pushed my car and it's not even anything closed to track speed. Our previous drive in dry road is more spirited. I got 324 miles on my tank... averaging 24.38 mpg, go figure.... ;)

Joe, I still don't know who is that suspect? I don't think that's you and me though, I don't think of any incident we were followed by the AMG... I would say that crazy driving thing happened on their way back, which they left maybe 25-30 mins before us. Don't worry.

cool

Ya I almost took off with those guys but I'm glad I waited around for the rest of the X's. I thought the drive home was great... and that's coming from a guy who hasn't raced his car. It was a great pace. Not too fast and definitely not too slow. The only thing that made me nervous was those darn bikers that are out in the lane!
I think there was one corner on the drive home that I really pushed my car through. I thought the pace was good and this is coming from a guy with stock suspension.
Hopefully we do it again in august? perhaps scout out a different road although the Baker Highway is great....:D

Keith, I would come out if I were you next time. I'm sure I'm not too fast for your pace and we can always get in the back of the line nothing wrong with that.
:cool:
The more the merrier

our 4/10th is not the same as if you are in a S2000.

Like I said we had incident free when we were driving up the Mt. Baker resort, credit to Dean and others who discipline themselves. I couldn't comment on the afternoon drive, but going down hill in rain is a lot different than going up hill. I suspected that they are going a little faster in the afternoon since they are getting familiar with the road.. yet, I found it is a big no no after lunch, since the metabolism slow down, thus body reaction slow down, plus people getting tired after the day...etc..

Again, Dean doing a great job leading us cruising back to I5.... ;)

Back