• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just a heads up about an NSX for sale in Calgary-

Looked at a red 92 at Millenium auto in Calgary over the weekend-(it's listed in the trader for 39,9)..
was very very dissapointed- door dings- nice big ding on pass fender- interior not looked after at all--- never even had the motivation to find out about snap ring range cause of how un-impressed and extremely dissapointed I was in the over condition of the car.. Just a heads up to anyone...

Steve

i saw the ad too Steve, I think alot of these cars in the $35-$39k range are cars that just have too much wrong with them. i've been looking at canadian prices and selection and found that some dealers are asking closer to $49k for those NSX's that seem to be in better shaper even though the km's might be close with those in the $39,000 range. i guess thats where the difference lies between cars that need just a little and those that need alot. good luck on future searches.
-aaron

have you checked out the other NSX's in Calgary that are for sale, one is at Kulu Motorcars and the other at Calgary Auto Quest. If you have seen them in person what kind of shape are they in? The one at Kulu is pricey due to low kms, the other is the same price as the one at Millenium.

Thanks for the heads up... I was actually planning on taking a trip down, but if thats the case then the guy on the phone is a tool...

He states that the car is in great condition... how his brother owns one and this one is in great shape...

obtw, the one at Calgary Auto Quest is the exact same car. The dealerships are sister companies. Probably couldn't sell it on the one lot, so they put it on the other for a grand less...

useless... I am kind of dissapointed now...

Might want to check out Kulu Motorcars. Lots of people have said good things about them, and if they still have that NSX in spring, I'm definately swinging by to take a peek.

Also, if you're in Calgary, get in touch with ZR. Ask them to let you know if they get any in.

Just another case of never listening to what a user car dealer says. I had one tell me "low mileage" (160k km) and had "original paint and no rock chips". They're just waiting for someone stupid to stumble in.

It's early January. Wait until April/May, a number of cars will come out of storage and up for sale.

if you guys are looking for a calgary connection, back when i was thinking about an fcar, i found this one kid who was trying to break into brokering auto deals that was really helpful..PM me and Ill pass you his info. Hes in calgary.

It's funny about the auto quest ad in the trader--- it is the same car-- But if you do look at the ad from autoquest very closely- you can see that the lip on the passenger wheel is all curled in-- When i asked the guy on the phone about it- He said that the car was mint and that the wheels were perfect.. But you can clearly see the nasty curb curl/dent in it... Anyway- When I got there to look at it, I never even looked at the wheels cause I was so dissapointed in the condition of the body... then I opened the driver door:eek: :eek: :eek: Looked like someone left a dog loose inside--- BLAH-- Horrid!!! I just sold my 91 auto with 200k for $28k.. other than the fact that it was an auto, It was PERFECT-- Hope I can replace it... I should have looked around before I sold mine so rediculously cheap.... Oh well... I'll stop ranting now

Might want to check out Kulu Motorcars. Lots of people have said good things about them, and if they still have that NSX in spring, I'm definately swinging by to take a peek.

Also, if you're in Calgary, get in touch with ZR. Ask them to let you know if they get any in.

ZR AUTO!!! LOL-- I thought they hated NSX's??? They have a few F355's though... Seriously thinkin about going that way- always wanted an F355... oh oh-- I may get flamed for sayin that

ZR Auto are crooks! And yes Zahir himself spouted off at the lips about never again selling an NSX. He had one for sale for more than a year for 49K and couldn't sell it because it was no where near as clean as many others I looked at prior to settling on mine for 46K. He is an arrogant ass who has no time for anyone that isn't interested in high end Mercedes, Lambo, Ferrari. Also keep in mind that this crook made his fortune on the misfortune of others. He owns pawnshop alley and many of the cash stores that charge 60% interest...... Stay away from ZR.

As far as purchasing an NSX in Calgary - expect to pay more than 39K if you want a well documented car that is in excellent condition. Expect to pay 39K or less if you expect to get nothing more than what you have outlined above. Original Canadian released NSX's are not as inexpensive as their counterparts south of the border. There were less than 1/10th as many and have a few others items that a US released car doesn't.

I purchased my ride through Ultimate Motor Cars. Car had all maintenance documentation and was spotless. Stand up knowledge about NSX's in particulars. He is also a driving instructor. Contact me at [email protected] if you desire additional particulars.

Regards,
Tim

I agree with what Bigglezworth said about ZR....I looked at that 91 when they had it and they would barely speak to me.

I went and looked at the 91 at Kulu's and it's not a bad car. It was listed for $50 when I saw it. Aftermarket wheels and exhaust. Interior was in nice shape....one of the windows was slow and hatch struts need recharged. The roof has been painted red and I saw quite a bit of paint swirls....I thought $50was high....$47 getting closer maybe.....didn't drive it though as I went there looking at the 98 silverstone with 15.5km on it for $75. Was it ever clean....thought it wouldn't sell at that price and it went the next week.

John

Bigglezworth, you should delete your post so you don't get into trouble. It's best to state your opinion without the facts like 95Eagle? did.

Back