• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just bought a Lotus Exige S

Nice. Laser Blue is a great color too. That's what I had on my Elise. These cars are so much fun to drive. Liveability is the only issue. I always had to roll the roof back before getting in and out of the car. Once I was in, everything was fine.

Do you know if anyone in the Exige community drives their Exige in the rain, parks it outside a lot, etc?
I would love to pick one up, but I'm afraid of water hitting the engine and causing issues.

I've had 4 Exige and 1 Elise. I currently have an Exige S and love it. They appreciate in value every year, because they aren't produced for the US anymore.

The rain won't hurt the engine bay.

Here's a pic of mine:

1456143_10100150313218136_2070662734_n.jpg

For sure. Love that genre (big surprise). Now all that's missing is a de Tomaso Pantera. Just saw one yesterday and reminded me quite a bit of my NSX. Beautiful.

Pantera has always been a dream car of mine. Would love a yellow or orange one with a big wing on the back. Unfortunately they have doubled in price the past few years. Few good ones for sale and the asking prices high. Its not like you can go to a local dealer and test drive one.

Cool car. Let us know what you think after a few miles on it. I have seen plenty of guys buy one then once the honeymoon is over park it in the garage or else make it a dedicated track car.

Cool car. Let us know what you think after a few miles on it. I have seen plenty of guys buy one then once the honeymoon is over park it in the garage or else make it a dedicated track car.

Update still loving the Exige S. I'd driven the Elise and Exige many times so I knew what I was getting myself into. Its a fifth car so I probably only take it out once every two weeks, weather permitting. I also love looking at it in the garage, lol.

That's a fantastic piece of car. Saw a few in action on racetracks and indeed they are little speed demons, more in league with the single seaters or the Super Seven's ;) I also tend to like the mishappen looks of it, because it's not yet another copy of current sports car looks and has got a lot of personality (dont you think they all tend to look the same nowadays)...

Back